28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
mimi263 said:
Hey guys, my husband got a letter today asking him to come in for an appointment with the CBSA Enforcement office, we don't really know what to expect, can anyone offer any advise, Thank you :)

Background info, my husband is a failed refugee claimant, filed appeal it was denied. That's the last info we received from them, didn't receive any follow up about the failed appeal, his lawyer was actually the one to let us know the results. Our spousal app was recvd Dec 10, we got AOR in January haven't heard anything since. Now we get this letter asking him to come in for an interview n to bring documents, please I'm getting stressed again, what does this mean??!?!?!

Thanks
Mimi

Take things easy, good things comes in complicated way! I am also failed refugee too, though I have not received any letter abt my appeal but I know everything will work out well and so will it with ur husband. When did u guys file for the appeal?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mimi263 said:
Hi Sunsun, thank you for the link. I read the posts, so basically this may be a interview that CBSA may give mer husband a date to leave the country? I know the PRAA no longer exists, is there nothing we can do? Even though we have our spousal sponsorship AOR this will won't delay a removal order?

This has us soooo stressed :(
I don't know what CIC does when it comes to refugee status. All I know is that once a person filed for refugee claim, all other status that person has becomes invalid including visitors status. Only refugee status. Once that claim is denied even appealed and denied, that person has no status in Canada. In theory has become illegal immigrant.

However since you applied for sponsorship inland on your husband behalf, his status have now become implied status despite only receiving AOR. The AOR would say that they received application on your husband's behalf. That is the only record of implied status he has now. Not sure what CBSA will do to a person on implied status. Haven't come across a post or article on the subject matter.

My only concern is that if CBSA was able to delay the deportation order due to application submitted, your application will be reviewed under more scrutiny as CIC may view your marriage as a marriage of convience on account that your husband is trying to stay in Canada after a failed refugee claim. You will have a harder time convincing them otherwise.

Mind you the comment I made is based on being a Devil's advocate here.

Screech339

sunbrey

Feb 18, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Interview........
Final Interview 10-18-2013
Rusty53 said:
Congrats silver_oaks. It is nice to hear that some can go through so quickly. I have added you to the spreadsheet. If you want anymore iinfo added just post it and I will do it for you.
Hi Guys! Just want to see what's happing with the 2012 Inland Application Excel spread sheet. Is Rusty still updating it?

I log on every day to check but over the past month I think only 2 AIP and in the since April 11th no one else has gotten AIP??!! Why?

What are these guys doing with our applications?!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sunbrey said:
Hi Guys! Just want to see what's happing with the 2012 Inland Application Excel spread sheet. Is Rusty still updating it?

I log on every day to check but over the past month I think only 2 AIP and in the since April 11th no one else has gotten AIP??!! Why?

What are these guys doing with our applications?!
Everyone seems to think that Vegreville is focusing on issuing DMs first. There was a lot of DMs issued in the last month and hardly any AIPs.

Screech339

sunbrey

Feb 18, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Interview........
Final Interview 10-18-2013
mimi263 said:
Hey guys, my husband got a letter today asking him to come in for an appointment with the CBSA Enforcement office, we don't really know what to expect, can anyone offer any advise, Thank you :)

Background info, my husband is a failed refugee claimant, filed appeal it was denied. That's the last info we received from them, didn't receive any follow up about the failed appeal, his lawyer was actually the one to let us know the results. Our spousal app was recvd Dec 10, we got AOR in January haven't heard anything since. Now we get this letter asking him to come in for an interview n to bring documents, please I'm getting stressed again, what does this mean??!?!?!

Thanks
Hi Mimi,

We've known people who go to this meeting and its not a good sign. This is a point where you have to 'go to your lawyer' and get some serious advise on how to deal with this meeting.

From what I've read once a deport date has been given it's much harder or if even possible to reverse once you go to that meeting. The best thing is to talk to your lawyer to see how to get them to reschedule that meeting or delay it or what paperwork or statements you need to provide to cause them to delay their descision.

I've heard that if you have AIP they will delay that decision. I don't know if your lawyer should present this to the case officer 'before' going to the meeting to try and have it delayed.

I don't know what happens to your sponsorship appliacation if a deportation date is given.

Maybe some other board members have some better insight.

Also Mimi, please keep us updated with what's happening in your case, as this is of concern to many others as well.

God Bless & God Speed!

Sunbrey

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
@Mimi...
I agree that you should see the good immigration lawyer especially after I read this article :

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/pulseofcanada/canada-close-borders-face-terrorism-170657157.html

You can see many negative comments about immigration

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Hi screech339, sunbrey, sunsun

Mimi posted her topic.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-cbsa-enforcement-letter-recvd-t144887.0.html

I don't know whether she comes back here to read your post. You might want to post your advice on her topic again.

I hope your advice will help her.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sunbrey said:
I've heard that if you have AIP they will delay that decision. I don't know if your lawyer should present this to the case officer 'before' going to the meeting to try and have it delayed.

I don't know what happens to your sponsorship appliacation if a deportation date is given.

Sunbrey
Sunbrey,

That is the issue at hand. Mimi does not have an AIP to present at the meeting. Only an AOR. All the AOR is just a letter saying they got the application, nothing more. Having an AOR is not a strong defense to delaying the deportation date. AIP has a much stronger case as it has been reviewed and approved for processing.

My only suggestion is to get a very good lawyer who knows what she/he is doing and know how to deal with her situation.

Screech339

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
screech339 said:
Sunbrey,

That is the issue at hand. Mimi does not have an AIP to present at the meeting. Only an AOR. All the AOR is just a letter saying they got the application, nothing more. Having an AOR is not a strong defense to delaying the deportation date. AIP has a much stronger case as it has been reviewed and approved for processing.

My only suggestion is to get a very good lawyer who knows what she/he is doing and know how to deal with her situation.

Screech339
Just wondering shouldn't this apply to to Mimi case too... http://m.thestar.com/?content=20eaa1df6e1dd7b6a91a9d0aadfebf9f&section=news

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Have mercy on us Lord :( :(! Not even one AIP! CIC is approving a lot of people from first world countries and third world citizens have to be waiting very long

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
mimi263 said:

Thanks
I know a couple who went threw this same situation. After a failed refugee claim, and appeal even though married to a Canadian (and they had a child) He was deported on a 1 year exclusion - meaning that after 1 year had passed his wife was able to file an outland application for him. There were additional fees ( one of which was $1500 to recoup the money CBSA spent on removal) plus, if this happens - make sure he pays his own way back home or that will be yet another fee to pay before you can even file again. Its been 3 years since this started and he is supposed to be coming back this summer.
I would probably get an immigration lawyer to provide you more info on possible scenarios....... Good Luck, and keep the faith!

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
screech339 said:
While I am not happy that AIPs have not been issued since April 11 and hope that AIPs will come down the tube soon, I find the generalization of your comment that 3rd world have to wait longer inappropriate. Is that a hint of resentment or impatience on your part? What is the point you are trying to make?

Have you ever consider that the people that submitted their timelines to Rusty timesheet is only a small collection of info compared to the thousands more that haven't been in the timesheet that could have came from 3rd world countries that are actually approved. So until Rusty's timesheet contain every applicants that Vegreville has recieved in 2012, you can't make a claim like that.

You don't sound grateful of the fact that you are coming to settle in Canada where a lot of people would love to be in your shoes but can't. Don't let your impatience get in your way. You know the saying. "Patience is a virtue"

screech339
Very well said screech, very well said!

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.