20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Serenity482 said:
yeah thats right. i applied in september and i still have no AIP. All they say at the call center is, that we have to wait...
As far as I have experienced and reading other people's post, it appears that it is a usless effort to call CIC prior to receiving your AIP unless the AIP is a lot longer than website timeline. Say a month or 2 overdue. The applications are still sitting in queue until some senior agent actually open the application, review it and input it in the system and issue an AIP letter. The agents responsible for client calls aare only reading what's on the computer's system. So when they don't see your application inputted in the system, they all say "have to wait" to those waiting AIPs

I may be in the wrong on this but this seems to be the trend with the agents lately in their "have to wait" reply.

Screech339

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
screech339 said:
As far as I have experienced and reading other people's post, it appears that it is a usless effort to call CIC prior to receiving your AIP unless the AIP is a lot longer than website timeline. Say a month or 2 overdue. The applications are still sitting in queue until some senior agent actually open the application, review it and input it in the system and issue an AIP letter. The agents responsible for client calls aare only reading what's on the computer's system. So when they don't see your application inputted in the system, they all say "have to wait" to those waiting AIPs

I may be in the wrong on this but this seems to be the trend with the agents lately in their "have to wait" reply.

Screech339
i guess you are right. they told me i have to wait until 15 may. when i don't have any email until then, i can call again. thats nearly 8 month then for stage 1 approval... so we'll see :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Serenity482 said:
i guess you are right. they told me i have to wait until 15 may. when i don't have any email until then, i can call again. thats nearly 8 month then for stage 1 approval... so we'll see :)
Like to make a note too that it is best to call them when you haven't heard from CIC with AIP way past the date listed on the website with note "working on applications submitted on date so and so". The 6 month 1st stage timeline is only a guide not a rule.

Screech339

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
I believe that the length of your marriage along with your medical and police check submitted with application makes a big difference. The key thing to remember is that you have to convince them that your marriage is genuine. The length of marriage increases the odds of acceptance quickily or at least sponsorship will go through.

Although I don't think note #2 about your wife being a lawyer who studied in the US had any bearing on the decision. Maybe the fact that she studied in the US might have made criminal check/immigration history easier to check thus faster approval.

Screech339
I have a suspicion that the security checks also have something to do with the how long it takes to process applications as well. I suspect that some people are easier to do background checks on than others. There are alot of poeple in the forum who sent in perfect applications with lots of evidence, and fully complete and still had to wait just as long as others.
iav12 said:
Hi cic received my OWP on Feb.08,2013 and I am still waiting for processing. I called earlier they told me that they are still working on the applications received on jan,25. They are taking forever for paper applications.I am tired of sitting home all day long Hoping to start work as soon i get work permit. In my online status says "Medical Results have been received".Does anybody know once they updated medicals on ecas is there any chance they can ask to redo the medicals again????
Congrats to everyone of you who got their DM's and AIP's and I hope everybody gets their good new soon.
Good luck and God bless all.
Your medical can be extended for one year if everything is passed and completed on your application and it is just sitting in cue waiting for final approval, and as long as it is done with in 15 months. This is to the discretion of the officer, but most applications that meet this criteria do get medical extension. Here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp :)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
CIC complains of short staff so since call centre agents are, obviously useless, why don't they train to be immigration officers? I want to speak with Minister Kenney so badly!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
wolanila said:
.Your medical can be extended for one year if everything is passed and completed on your application and it is just sitting in cue waiting for final approval, and as long as it is done with in 15 months. This is to the discretion of the officer, but most applications that meet this criteria do get medical extension. Here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp :)
I thought medicals are valid for 1 year with a 3 month extension (not 1 year you mentioned) at agent's discretion.

Screech339

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
I thought medicals are valid for 1 year with a 3 month extension (not 1 year you mentioned) at agent's discretion.

Screech339
I suspect our medical was extended for a year because all other requirements were fulfilled but they were not going to be able to land my wife before her medical expired. It was extended to exactly 1 year past the first expiration date. They have a time period of up to 3 months after the medical expires to request an extension. If they are extended the validity is one more year

Effective June 1st, 2012, officers can request that an applicant's medical file be reassessed by a Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff for the issuance of a new medical certificate. The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. This process is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada. The new medical certificate issued will be valid for 12 months.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
wolanila said:
I suspect our medical was extended for a year because all other requirements were fulfilled but they were not going to be able to land my wife before her medical expired. It was extended to exactly 1 year past the first expiration date. They have a time period of up to 3 months after the medical expires to request an extension. If they are extended the validity is one more year

Effective June 1st, 2012, officers can request that an applicant's medical file be reassessed by a Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff for the issuance of a new medical certificate. The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. This process is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada. The new medical certificate issued will be valid for 12 months.
Thanks for the info. Good to know.

Screech339

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ecas finally says decision made. Only took a week :)

moeytja

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
Doc's Request.
July 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
Sent in october 2012 along w police cert
Interview........
we were asked for another police cert sept 2013
Passport Req..
they received new police cert nov 2013
we applied april 22, 2012. Got aip ovtober 2012, we are waiting for dm2...

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Hey guys, my husband got a letter today asking him to come in for an appointment with the CBSA Enforcement office, we don't really know what to expect, can anyone offer any advise, Thank you :)

Background info, my husband is a failed refugee claimant, filed appeal it was denied. That's the last info we received from them, didn't receive any follow up about the failed appeal, his lawyer was actually the one to let us know the results. Our spousal app was recvd Dec 10, we got AOR in January haven't heard anything since. Now we get this letter asking him to come in for an interview n to bring documents, please I'm getting stressed again, what does this mean??!?!?!

Thanks

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Hi,Mimi.... please read :
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/refused-refugee-claimant-spousal-sponsorship-aip-deportation-t120104.0.html

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
sunsun said:
Hi,Mimi.... please read :
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/refused-refugee-claimant-spousal-sponsorship-aip-deportation-t120104.0.html
Hi Sunsun, thank you for the link. I read the posts, so basically this may be a interview that CBSA may give mer husband a date to leave the country? I know the PRAA no longer exists, is there nothing we can do? Even though we have our spousal sponsorship AOR this will won't delay a removal order?

This has us soooo stressed :(

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Please post the new topic regarding your issue, there are few senior members will answer your questions...
Good luck ,Mimi.. ;)