Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
Rusty53 said:
Serenity 482, I am trying very hard to understand how CIC works. I work with spreadsheets everyday and you can predict a lot from them when you have enough data. For some reason it looks as though they work on either AIP's or DM's never both at the same time. In early March we had a real flurry of AIP's being given out and then about the 18th it stopped and since then we have seen a lot of DM's. I am sure that the people who are waiting to get DM's don't want to hear this but I feel that soon we will see the DM's slow down and the AIP's pick up again. I hope that I am wrong and they start issuing both at a fast pace. I guess we have to remain patient. I am cheering for you along with evryone else. Don't get down. Spring is coming and it always brings happiness in Canada.
yeah you are right. its just sad to see, that people who applied after us, getting their AIP and DM. But we get nothing...
but yay today is sunny in québec. So enjoy the start of Springtime :D

anna_i87

Mar 30, 2013
jiggyzealous said:
Anna
You'll be getting AIP shortly. So if u want to send in anything do it now. Realized that I made a mistake on the additional family form and I sent in a corrected one yesterday. The agent said they're opening letters submitted on March 25, 2013. So u need to send them off now in order for them to review them when next they look at your file. The agent said although I don't have AIP yet the fact that they order criminal and background checks is because the officer believes my relationshipi genuine
Good to know, thanks for this info yay! and that's such awesome news for you, you're almost there. :p

Our Visa Office is in Vegreville as well.

canuck2k

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Seems a lot of people getting DM"s lately which is good news. Hope ours arrives soon...this has been too long now.
Originally sent the application at the beginning of January 2012 so over a year ago now...
Wife has been in Canada a year before that so has not got to see family for over 2 years and is getting anxious to go back home.

She wants to apply to go back to school and study a new career in Canada but can't until she has PR card...
Also having problem with getting healthcare card even though she has AIP.

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
figtoria said:
She can get a study permit with AIP.
Do you know if that means they would have to pay 3 times more as an International student? or would they fall under PR category.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Victorswife said:
Do you know if that means they would have to pay 3 times more as an International student? or would they fall under PR category.
if u are not a PR or citizen you will have to pay foreign tuition rate

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
krissikris said:
Hey all, following this thread is very encouraging, it looks like applications keep getting processed faster and faster!! I just have a question, not sure if anyone else in the same situation I am in the process of sponsoring my common law hubby who is Jamaican and here in Canada with me, and his two young daughters who are still in JA has anyone else ever filed like this that could give me an idea of a time line? The inland apps are going fast right now, but will our app get held up because it will be transferred to Kingston with the girls still being there. Any info would be wonderful. Thanks.
Im in the same boat. My husband is here - his son still back home. I had a friend a few years ago that was in the same situation, he got his AIP and work permit while they were still processing his childrens stuff. Im hoping for the same. My husband needs to get out and work! He is going mental sitting in the house, he feels like a burden and its depressing for him. Luckily, his sons mother is on the ball when I asked her to get the boys docs together, and she went to the court house and completed the permission form for immigrating etc.... The other guy I mentioned, was waiting almost 2 years for his kids because the mom kept spending the money that was to be used for the kids medicals and passports etc..... it was quite frusterating for them.

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
Rusty53 said:
Serenity 482, I am trying very hard to understand how CIC works. I work with spreadsheets everyday and you can predict a lot from them when you have enough data. For some reason it looks as though they work on either AIP's or DM's never both at the same time. In early March we had a real flurry of AIP's being given out and then about the 18th it stopped and since then we have seen a lot of DM's. I am sure that the people who are waiting to get DM's don't want to hear this but I feel that soon we will see the DM's slow down and the AIP's pick up again. I hope that I am wrong and they start issuing both at a fast pace. I guess we have to remain patient. I am cheering for you along with evryone else. Don't get down. Spring is coming and it always brings happiness in Canada.
Rusty, you're the best!! This process would seem so much more lengthy and frustrating without your updates and positive vibe! Just wanna let you know how much you are appreciated! :)

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
may 1, 2013 (for the girls)
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
AIP: April 26, 2013
File Transfer...
May 1st 2013 to Kingston Jamaica
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
thatgirl123 said:
Im in the same boat. My husband is here - his son still back home. I had a friend a few years ago that was in the same situation, he got his AIP and work permit while they were still processing his childrens stuff. Im hoping for the same. My husband needs to get out and work! He is going mental sitting in the house, he feels like a burden and its depressing for him. Luckily, his sons mother is on the ball when I asked her to get the boys docs together, and she went to the court house and completed the permission form for immigrating etc.... The other guy I mentioned, was waiting almost 2 years for his kids because the mom kept spending the money that was to be used for the kids medicals and passports etc..... it was quite frusterating for them.
Thanks for the reply! His children live with his parents, their mother doesn't really have much to do with them, their passports and medicals are done, so hopefully it wont take too long to get them here, we miss them like crazy and cant wait to have them with us. My hubby has been volunteering for a year and a bit and he will be hired when everything is ready, it gets him out of the house, gaining lots of experience, and securing a job!

yadi

Mar 17, 2013
figtoria said:
She can get a study permit with AIP.
Hi there,
May I know if we get a study permit after AIP, do we charge for tuition fee as International Student or Local Canadian?
Thanks in Advance

meowmeow

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
yadi said:
Hi there,
May I know if we get a study permit after AIP, do we charge for tuition fee as International Student or Local Canadian?
Thanks in Advance
International student. I asked my college too many times but still get the same answer. Thats why I have to wait my DM in order to get back to school. Im so so tired!

yadi

Mar 17, 2013
meowmeow said:
International student. I asked my college too many times but still get the same answer. Thats why I have to wait my DM in order to get back to school. Im so so tired!
Thanks meowmeow, same idea as yours. wait for DM before getting back to school. Tuition fee is way too high for international student.
It is great if they can refund back the tuition fee difference once the PR is granted, but guess it is likely impossible. ???

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yadi said:
Thanks meowmeow, same idea as yours. wait for DM before getting back to school. Tuition fee is way too high for international student.
It is great if they can refund back the tuition fee difference once the PR is granted, but guess it is likely impossible. ???
I paid for my whole 4 year university as an international student and it cost wayyy too crazy. However, when I do my taxes, even though the government doesn't give me back the money but they do give it back under a form of tax credits so if I become a PR and later on, a Canadian I can use my tax credits against my taxes. Well, at least I feel like I can make use part of the crazy tuition fees I'd paid in my previous years...though I still prefer if they give back the difference in monetary values like you said. hehe :). Btw, I'm also waiting for DM to go back to school!!

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Me too...but i need to improve my English first... I must pay for English course because I am not PR so right now I just stay at home. Sometimes I forget what is the day because every day is holiday for me.... :D