App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Hey Everybody, I added a new little tool to the spreadsheet. If you look at the top line it shows the number of people on our spreadsheet, the number of people who have received DM and the percent complete.

To date we are:

Number registered 136
Number with DM 20
Percent Complete 14.71%

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
@Rusty

I still have to do the payment and get the call or email from Montreal's office to go do the interview! And then I will get the final Yes or No I guess! Im honestly surprised of how fast it was! I just got my OWP 3 weeks ago! I was expecting to get some news in October maybe! Now is the final wait and I think the one that makes me more nervous!!

Im sure your turn will come soon as well!! :D

@Computergeek
Thank you! So I'll go ahead and pay! I was not expecting all this too soon and my personal economy at the moment is not the best ... It hurts to pay money you were not expecting to but hey! It will be worth every single penny! :)

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Congrats to nishika and loops for their DM. July and august applicants receive DM , I hope June applicants receive soon
Hey rusty can you predict my DM? Please !!!!!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Rusty
I am enjoying the ride of course. And my skin is full with goose pimples see members getting AIP. Oops!!! Getting approval in 2 weeks

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to those that just got DM! I am patiently looking forward to my turn :)
Hope everyone who is still waiting for AIP will get it soon

Cheers,

yadi

Mar 17, 2013
Hi there,
I am sponsoring my wife and child in Edmonton, please find my timeline below and appreciate if our senior member can add me on the spreadsheet of 2012 Inland application

Application received on July 18, 2012
Start process on Nov 6, 2012
AIP letter received on Feb 10, 2012
Med & Background check and additional info done on Feb 27, 2012
OWP applied

Wish all of us good luck

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
screech339 said:
Thanks Rusty!

For those that had issues with OHIP, Ontario Service did not accept AIP email letter format. I called CIC about Ontario Service not accepting the letter. Was informed that they only send paper letter by mail to Residents of Quebec. Everyone else gets email.

We went back to office armed with this new info. They still rejected it. As it turned out, the head manager called CIC and was then informed of this new change. They assumed all this time that Sponsorship applications gave options to receive paper mail or email notifications. Now they know that applicants will not have that option anymore.

Until their policy is changed, all those applying for OHIP using AIP email letters, will have to submit the application to OHIP Review Board. We gotten our response from Review Board 5 weeks later granting us OHIP.

We returned to the office once again. They accepted it and granted us the OHIP. However they warned us that until we get PR, they will not renew 1 year OHIP without both the AIP letter and Letter from Review Board next time despite having OHIP initially.

Has anyone come across this issue with OHIP using AIP letter?

Screech339
I had the issue with the office at ISLINGTON/BLOOR in Toronto; I phoned my MPP and made an appt but aftr seeing other posts here saying they had no issues at the YONGE/SHEPPARD office, I went there there following week and everything went through no questions.

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
congrats to everybody who got the DM!!!!
I'm so happy to see that's things are moving smoothly ! :D

I hope I'm going to announce good news soon, too :p
Good luck!

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
Hi all

6 months yesterday since I got AIP but who's counting right ;D :-\ :'(

Cheers,

Karito

kbwaterh

Nov 29, 2012
Hi
I have a question about Alberta drivers licenses. Has anyone managed to get one with their AIP? I am here on a student visa and have an Alberta license but it expires soon and my student visa expires in less than 6 months so I don't think they will give me a new drivers license on that, but I do have AIP (since November) so I was hoping I can get my drivers license on that as I need it to hire a car for work.

Thanks,

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kbwaterh said:
Hi
I have a question about Alberta drivers licenses. Has anyone managed to get one with their AIP? I am here on a student visa and have an Alberta license but it expires soon and my student visa expires in less than 6 months so I don't think they will give me a new drivers license on that, but I do have AIP (since November) so I was hoping I can get my drivers license on that as I need it to hire a car for work.

Thanks,
Not sure what's Alberta rules are. But my wife was able to get her Ontario Driver's Licence without her AIP. All they require is you have address and proof of driving experience. My wife was able to swap her New Jersey Driver's Licence for her Ontario Driver's Licence. Only had to pass her vision test to get her full G licence. So since my wife didn't need to show her AIP, I suspect you don't need yours either. But this is Ontario we were dealing with. Not sure about Alberta rules. It would be good to have it on hand just in case. Good luck with it.

screech339

hn1234

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
kbwaterh said:
Hi

Thanks,
Hi,

For some reason my Alberta Drivers license is valid till 2015 even though my open work permit / TRV expires in Sept 2013.
Also, I hadn't even applied for my immigration when I was renewing my drivers license on my open work permit... So I think you'll be fine on an AIP based on my personal experience.

Olah-lah

Mar 14, 2013
Guys! Finally it's my turn to share great news! I have just received an email from CIC saying that processing of my application has been completed and Montreal's center will contact me! :D Good luck and lots of patience to all of you who is still waiting for this precious email!

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Olah-lah said:
Guys! Finally it's my turn to share great news! I have just received an email from CIC saying that processing of my application has been completed and Montreal's center will contact me! :D Good luck and lots of patience to all of you who is still waiting for this precious email!
Hey congratulations!!!! Glad to see so many people receiving DM.. I Hope I receive it soon.