jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walter8299 said:
I am happy seeing all the good news. Let's keep the good news coming for everyone :)
Do you mind sharing what questions you got? :)
Do they just interview the applicant or the sponsor (myself) will speak to them as well?
I don't have my landing appointment yet I just received the DM email as well a few days back. Reading from the posts here they ask the sponsor is he/she is still willing to sponsor the partner and for the applicant "Have you committed any crimes" or Have you ever been refused entry to Canada, then they explain about being a permanent resident and on how to apply for Canadian citizenship.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
jorchm said:
Hi everybody! Just signed into this forum.

I got my DM letter yesterday, amazing! Only 9 1/2 months. I thought it would take 12-13 months to get it. I guess it helped that I sent absolutely everything they could possibly ask for. Hopefully Edmonton will contact me soon. Anybody knows how long it takes to get this call from the local CIC office? Will they send a letter on the mail or just a phone call?
jorchm, please give me your timeline and I will add you to the spreadsheet.

jorchm

Apr 3, 2013
Rusty53 said:
jorchm, please give me your timeline and I will add you to the spreadsheet.
CPC: Vegreville
Application Received: June 18, 2012
Application Processed: December 11, 2012
OWP: No
DM: April 3, 2013

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
jorchm said:
CPC: Vegreville
Application Received: June 18, 2012
Application Processed: December 11, 2012
OWP: No
DM: April 3, 2013
jochm, you have been added to the spreadsheet. the link is in my signature. Please let us know when you get a landing date

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
jorchm said:
Hi everybody! Just signed into this forum.

I got my DM letter yesterday, amazing! Only 9 1/2 months. I thought it would take 12-13 months to get it. I guess it helped that I sent absolutely everything they could possibly ask for. Hopefully Edmonton will contact me soon. Anybody knows how long it takes to get this call from the local CIC office? Will they send a letter on the mail or just a phone call?
Congratulations for the DM!!!!!Hope we all get our apps finalized in the near future:)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Congratulations to Walter and Jorchm

All the best now. I feel hopeful. You can go back to normal life now

Olah-lah

Mar 14, 2013
Rusty53 said:
Olah-lah, Congratulations. I am very happy for you. It is nice to see that with people from July and August getting DM that they have not forgotten those who applied last March. Have a good celebration and let us know when you get your landing date.
Thank you, Rusty! cannot hide that I had a feeling that CIC could have forgotten about earlier applications while being busy giving DM's to July and later applicants ;) I will keep you posted! BTW, they didn't ask me about a PR fee of 490$ (or about it)... I don't remeber if we paid it or not (it was a loooong time ago since I applied lol)

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meowmeow said:
Me tooooo, Karito...it has been over 6 months for us. I have no idea why our applications still stucked there, so so unfairrrrrr!!!!! I really wanna go back school :((
Haha wee are the 6 month club!!! I think MeowMeow will get the next DM in our club...

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walter8299 said:
I am happy seeing all the good news. Let's keep the good news coming for everyone :)
Do you mind sharing what questions you got? :)
Do they just interview the applicant or the sponsor (myself) will speak to them as well?
Hey Walter that is great news!!! And congrats to everyone else who has received good news as well!!!!

vicphone

Apr 4, 2013
would like to share my case/add on the spreadsheet

Category: Family
Visa office: Vegreville
App received: March 26,2012
AIP: July 17, 2012
started to process spouse application on Oct 4, 2012.
DM: ...?? ( we have submitted Medical check on late Oct..)
Feb 2013 marriage cert. submitted.

now waiting DM...

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Thanks for all the warm congrats!
I am sure there will be more DMs today :)
Let's keep the ball rolling....

My wife actually got a call from a CIC officer yesterday requesting us to fax in our baby's birth certificate.
When she got the call, she was super nervous and hoping its not something bad.
The lady was very nice, asked us if we can fax in the birth certificate by late-afternoon as she wants to get the letter out to us.
We weren't home at that time (at my parents house), then my wife drove home to get the birth certificate and we bump into trouble faxing the info over. It keeps getting busy line busy line, no answer no answer.
We start to go wild and crazy. Believe me, I never felt that crazy. In the end, we got the fax over at 5:22pm EST, and the lady actually emailed us at 6:05pm EST (which is about 4? in vegreville I believe).
This lady is cool IMO. She even told me my wife passed everything, and she double check to see if we need to submit anything else before hanging up. She said she wants to get things moving for us, so she wants us to get the info in asap.

I am not sure if this lady's work ethic/attitude applies to all other officers or not, but the impression she left me was good. It shows that she cares and don't want us to keep waiting... :)

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walter8299 said:
Thanks for all the warm congrats!
I am sure there will be more DMs today :)
Let's keep the ball rolling....

My wife actually got a call from a CIC officer yesterday requesting us to fax in our baby's birth certificate.
When she got the call, she was super nervous and hoping its not something bad.
The lady was very nice, asked us if we can fax in the birth certificate by late-afternoon as she wants to get the letter out to us.
We weren't home at that time (at my parents house), then my wife drove home to get the birth certificate and we bump into trouble faxing the info over. It keeps getting busy line busy line, no answer no answer.
We start to go wild and crazy. Believe me, I never felt that crazy. In the end, we got the fax over at 5:22pm EST, and the lady actually emailed us at 6:05pm EST (which is about 4? in vegreville I believe).
This lady is cool IMO. She even told me my wife passed everything, and she double check to see if we need to submit anything else before hanging up. She said she wants to get things moving for us, so she wants us to get the info in asap.

I am not sure if this lady's work ethic/attitude applies to all other officers or not, but the impression she left me was good. It shows that she cares and don't want us to keep waiting... :)
Thats a really nice experience Walter thank you for sharing.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
I called CIC this morning to verify a mistake I made regarding my dad's name. I don't AIP yet but the agent said they're doing background and security checks. Does this mean a positive thing like they're processing my case faster? It's almost 6 months my application is in

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
vicphone said:
would like to share my case/add on the spreadsheet

Category: Family
Visa office: Vegreville
App received: March 26,2012
AIP: July 17, 2012
started to process spouse application on Oct 4, 2012.
DM: ...?? ( we have submitted Medical check on late Oct..)
Feb 2013 marriage cert. submitted.

now waiting DM...
Vicphone, thank you for posting your timeline. You are now added to the spreadsheet. We have a lot of people joining lately. I think we are the hottest ticket in town! Yeh!

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Olah-lah said:
Thank you, Rusty! cannot hide that I had a feeling that CIC could have forgotten about earlier applications while being busy giving DM's to July and later applicants ;) I will keep you posted! BTW, they didn't ask me about a PR fee of 490$ (or about it)... I don't remeber if we paid it or not (it was a loooong time ago since I applied lol)
You already paid because if not they will include it (on bold letters) on the DM email that you have to pay the 490 Right of permanent residence fee.