neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ppotiti2626 said:
hi congrats! ;D
i got my AIP a couple days ago with the letter telling mw i can apply for OWP .. ill send the application this week... do you know how long does it take? is it faster to do it online? and how did u apply for health insurrence?
thanks in advance and wish u all the best of luck!
COngrats on the AIP!! In order to apply for health insurance (OHIP), you have to get the OWP first. Once you get it, bring it to any Service Ontario (if you live in Ontario) with your proof of residence and identity, they will process your OHIP card asap. Good luck :)

I'm not sure about how long the OWP will take because I sent my OWP with my PR app, so I got it as soon as I got my AIP. However, reading other posts tells me that it will only take like a month or so.

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
neyuli said:
COngrats on the AIP!! In order to apply for health insurance (OHIP), you have to get the OWP first. Once you get it, bring it to any Service Ontario (if you live in Ontario) with your proof of residence and identity, they will process your OHIP card asap. Good luck :)

I'm not sure about how long the OWP will take because I sent my OWP with my PR app, so I got it as soon as I got my AIP. However, reading other posts tells me that it will only take like a month or so.
You don't need your oWP to get your health card in Ontario. If you live in Toronto, take the original AIP letter with picture id and proof of address and apply. There's a 3 month waiting period from the date on the AIP letter.

I would advise you to stay away from service Canada at islington and bloor and go to yonge and Sheppard instead.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
tyl92 said:
Hi guys !
I'am a newbie in this forum ,
I'am being sponsored by my wife in Québec , can't wait for the final DM
Here are my dates : Application received : June , 6th 2012
AIP : December , 6th 2012
Final DM : Still waiting
tyl92, I have added you to the spreadsheet. The link is in my signature. This will help you see what is happening with the 2012 Inland Applicants. Welcome to the club of "Very Patient People"

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Good Morning All,

We are in the process of sending in the application. Just wondering how everyone put it together.

Can we put a binder together.. or how did you all organize the pictures and supporting documents. any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
RN

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh you're right, Jillplay. I dont know why I said that you need OWP to apply OHIP. I recall now that I only needed to give the agent my AIP letter. Sorry for the wrong information.

CHeers,

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ppotiti2626 said:
hi congrats! ;D
i got my AIP a couple days ago with the letter telling mw i can apply for OWP .. ill send the application this week... do you know how long does it take? is it faster to do it online? and how did u apply for health insurrence?
thanks in advance and wish u all the best of luck!
Its fastest to apply for your OWP at the same time as PR, but now you should consult the CIC website for the application processing times (it was ~ 2 months last I looked, with about ~2 weeks less for an online application.) Several people have been successful applying for an OWP via the online process.

Medical coverage is provincially managed, so the answer to that depends upon your province.

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nrajani_99 said:
Good Morning All,

We are in the process of sending in the application. Just wondering how everyone put it together.

Can we put a binder together.. or how did you all organize the pictures and supporting documents. any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
RN
Hi,

SO, my fiance is sponsoring me, and I am the person being sponsored (sponsee). And this is how we arrange our application.

We put the Sponsor's Application together with all the documents in the order of the checklist, with all the supporting documents relating to the Sponsor. Label the front page so they know what application they are looking at. Next will be the application of the Person being Sponsored, also arrange the documents in the order of that checklist, together with all the supporting documents relating to the sponsee so it will be easy for the agent to find what they need. I think for the album, I did it as if it's my point of view telling the story of how we met and so on. Thus, I enclose the album in the sponsee's application. We also put the cover letter at the very beginning explaining why we're applying and how important it is to us, most importantly tell them that we will certainly settle down in Canada (since they don't want to give you PR and you leave to other country and not supporting the Canadian economy). Basically, you should try to (by words) draw them a picture of your future here in Canada with your husband/ wife who is sponsoring you. Then, if you also enclose the OWP application, make it a separate folder and put it last with the note saying that "I acknowledge that my OWP application will be processed after I get the Approval in Principle".

For the receipts to prove that you've paid for all the app fees, I put them all on top of the application. I figure it is the first thing they look for before they even bother put an eye on the rest of the app.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
nrajani_99 said:
Good Morning All,

Thank you,
RN
Check this thread out...it's long, but this member did a very good job at organizing their application. Complete with pictures and all :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t92449.0.html

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CheshireCats said:
Check this thread out...it's long, but this member did a very good job at organizing their application. Complete with pictures and all :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t92449.0.html
Oh wow this is pretty amazing. Wish I had seen this when I put together my app. lol

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
neyuli said:
Oh wow this is pretty amazing. Wish I had seen this when I put together my app. lol
Actually, I came across this thread the day after I put my application together and was heading out to mail it...of course, I pulled the whole thing apart and started from scratch :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi Everyone.

I am new to the forum. I have been following the threads in the Inland Applications 2012 for quite some time. I am sponsoring my wife through Vegreville.

Would like to add myself to Rusty's 2012 timetable, if you will.

Here is her timeline so far.

Country of Origin: Albania
Current Canadian City: Brampton
Medical Completed: July 18th, 2012
Application Received: August 14, 2012
AOR Letter Received: November 20, 2012
AIP Letter Received: Feburary 10, 2013
Medical and Police Check submitted with Application
OWP: Not Applied
Decision Made: March 28, 2013
Landing Office: Etobicoke

I am assuming that the letter from CIC stating that the application has been completed and will hear from Etobicoke Office where final decision on Permanent Status will be made means that a Decision has been made (DM status). Although the CAS website has not been updated as of today due to long Easter Weekend and will not be updated til later this week. Looking forward to receiving an email or letter from Etobicoke for appointment date. I am assuming a wait of about 30 days, based on Rusty's timesheet, those who have gotten PR from Etobicoke between DM and Landing. I will pass any news on receiving any contact from Etobicoke Office.

screech339

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
screech339 said:
Hi Everyone.

I am new to the forum. I have been following the threads in the Inland Applications 2012 for quite some time. I am sponsoring my wife through Vegreville.

Would like to add myself to Rusty's 2012 timetable, if you will.

Here is her timeline so far.

Country of Origin: Albania
Current Canadian City: Brampton
Medical Completed: July 18th, 2012
Application Received: August 14, 2012
AOR Letter Received: November 20, 2012
AIP Letter Received: Feburary 10, 2013
Medical and Police Check submitted with Application
OWP: Not Applied
Decision Made: March 28, 2013
Landing Office: Etobicoke

I am assuming that the letter from CIC stating that the application has been completed and will hear from Etobicoke Office where final decision on Permanent Status will be made means that a Decision has been made (DM status). Although the CAS website has not been updated as of today due to long Easter Weekend and will not be updated til later this week. Looking forward to receiving an email or letter from Etobicoke for appointment date. I am assuming a wait of about 30 days, based on Rusty's timesheet, those who have gotten PR from Etobicoke between DM and Landing. I will pass any news on receiving any contact from Etobicoke Office.

screech339
screech339, thank you for the information. I have added you to the spreadsheet. Even though your wait is over it will still give hope for those of us that are waiting. Congratulations and please keep us informed.

ppotiti2626

Nov 30, 2012
thanks for taking the time to respond ... it really helps i appreaciate it...i sent the app today for OWP and cant wait to get my OWP :D
good luck! ;D