29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
OMG
Unfortunately yes,the second question where it asks to write your name in your native language or script?i should have wrote none but I didn't!:(
I now realize I left that blank too. More worries!!!!!

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
hmmmm after the AIP i received my OWP but i don't understand one thing - it says that you are not alloyed to study, take courses and any professional training ...?
that means that If I find a job and i will need to go through a normal training and i will be not be alloyed ???
or means something else...?
sorry but I really need advice because I am in a process of searching a job and I am not sure what I am alloyed and not to do? :(

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Just wondering a thing,

I have a dependent child who is outside Canada (accompanied).. I know I am not there yet but I just wanted to know in advance, When CIC asked for our passport does her passport (dependent child) needs to be with me so I can submit it along with mine or our local office in Philippines will ask for hers and they're the ones who will submitted it in our local VO?

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
bibace said:
hmmmm after the AIP i received my OWP but i don't understand one thing - it says that you are not alloyed to study, take courses and any professional training ...?
that means that If I find a job and i will need to go through a normal training and i will be not be alloyed ???
sorry but I really need advice because I am in a process of searching a job and I am not sure what I am alloyed and not to do? :(
Bibace,

what I know is that we are not allowed to enroll school or study not unless you applied for study permit. That is why CIC gave us an option but I know if you want to study or take some educational training you can still apply for it. It's noted on the AIP that they emailed us. But if it's training regarding a work training or job training it doesn't count u can go for it.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Nigea said:
OMGI now realize I left that blank too. More worries!!!!!
I guess when they say not to leave any gaps they mean none!!!-Hopefully whoever's looking at your application will send you a letter earlier than later like they did me if they need to!!That way it doesn't delay the second stage when the time comes:)

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
bibace said:
You can take any training through work,actually I don't think you need to apply for a student permit if you are taking any training or studying for less than six months,at least that's what cic told me and I did end up taking a five month course and even sent out my certificate with my application!!!! :)

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Hi guys, so yesterday I received a email from CIC saying they've received our application on Dec 10, 2012. Is this the AOR? This means their starting the process now? What can we expect to happen next? My husband didn't submit a police check for his home country, should we send the fingerprints now and get that ready for when they request it or wait until they do?

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Just wondering a thing,

I have a dependent child who is outside Canada (accompanied).. I know I am not there yet but I just wanted to know in advance, When CIC asked for our passport does her passport (dependent child) needs to be with me so I can submit it along with mine or our local office in Philippines will ask for hers and they're the ones who will submitted it in our local VO?

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
Hope everyone are doing well.

My boyfriend just got AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt) yesterday, yea!!!

As I applied PR inside Canada with Open Work Permit. How long will it take to get the Sponsor Approval or Open Work Permit?

Cheers!!!

mini2404

Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
10-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2012
Med's Done....
04-12-2012 and 03-10-2014
Interview........
Decision made: February 24, 2015
LANDED..........
March 18-2015
Hi

Does anybody know if someone can enroll in ESL clases after AIP (in toronto)? My understanding was that people CAN, but I went to one ESL centre today and the Manager did not accept the AIP. Any exprience?

Thanks

Mini

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Deedeedar & mini 2404, I have updated your AOR in the spreadsheet. Wow, CIC is really humming, your AOR came in 48 days and that was with Christmas in there as well. I hope they start moving with the AIP's as fast.

Deedeedar, let me know how I can contact you? My wife is Thai as well.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Deedeedar said:
Hope everyone are doing well.

My boyfriend just got AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt) yesterday, yea!!!

As I applied PR inside Canada with Open Work Permit. How long will it take to get the Sponsor Approval or Open Work Permit?

Cheers!!!
Congrats!....am not sure how long it's going to take until we get AIP but I sure pray and hope it'll be soon!-my hubby got AOR on jan 10!

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Hey guys, I got bad new today and don't know what to do...can anyone tell me how to order FOSS notes? Should I order them for myself? Or my wife who I am sponsoring? Or both? How come I, as the sponsor, didn't receive any email, and my wife received the email, but at my email address? This is what the PDF file reads:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law
Partner in Canada Class.
This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the Canadian Immigration
Centre in Etobicoke for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you
for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. Once processing is complete,
that office will notify you by mail of their decision.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada.

What is usually the timeline on this? It cannot be due to genuineness of the relationship, because everything was sent to them, we have two children, pictures and records of everything. The only doubt I have is not maintaining my two years of five years for residency(my child passed away while I was overseas, and my wife's visa got rejected to come to Canada, else I had the intention of moving back a lot sooner to comply with the residence requirement...we had gone through a lot of hardship and we needed each others companionship), but then how come they granted my wife the visitor visa extension? I am living in Canada, and under no removal order, so am a legal permanent resident, which is the requirement to sponsor. I really have no clue. Can someone please help with the foss notes, and how to order, and who to order for? Thanks!

Our timeline is as follows:

app filed: July 19, 2012
email confirmation of app received: nov 6, 2012
transfer to local CIC office (etobicoke) without AIP: January 22, 2012

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
Rusty53 said:
Deedeedar, I am happy to hear you are Thai, but I am embarrassed that I did not see that earlier when you have the Thai flag right beside your name. Please PM me and tell me where you are and how my wife can contact you.
Hi Rusty,

I just PM you :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hkalltheway said:
Hey guys, I got bad new today and don't know what to do...can anyone tell me how to order FOSS notes? Should I order them for myself? Or my wife who I am sponsoring? Or both? How come I, as the sponsor, didn't receive any email, and my wife received the email, but at my email address? This is what the PDF file reads:
CIC really is odd with e-mail addresses. I wouldn't read too much into their sending to the wrong e-mail address.

ATIP forms: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

You will be making a "privacy act" request, so there is no fee. One of you should apply and the other should authorize release of their personal information as well - submit both forms so that the ATIP office won't redact out information that is private to one of you.

hkalltheway said:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law
Partner in Canada Class.
This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the Canadian Immigration
Centre in Etobicoke for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you
for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. Once processing is complete,
that office will notify you by mail of their decision.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada.
According to IP 8 they may refer cases to an inland office due to:

The CPC-V should refer cases to a CIC where an interview is warranted or where serious
criminality is involved. Examples of situations that may be handled by an inland CIC are:

• suspected relationships of convenience, including relationships that have been dissolved for the purposes of acquiring any status or privilege under IRPA and then resumed.
• suspected misrepresentation;
• serious criminality or security, as described in A34, A35, A36(1) and A37.
I suppose this could include an A44 report investigation (e.g., if you are not in compliance with the residency obligation) since if you are not in compliance you won't be eligible to sponsor, but from what I could tell in the processing manuals (IP 8 and OP 2) CPC-V should have handled a sponsor eligibility issue. If you are not under a removal order, your time in Canada does count towards your residency obligation at least.

hkalltheway said:
What is usually the timeline on this? It cannot be due to genuineness of the relationship, because everything was sent to them, we have two children, pictures and records of everything. The only doubt I have is not maintaining my two years of five years for residency(my child passed away while I was overseas, and my wife's visa got rejected to come to Canada, else I had the intention of moving back a lot sooner to comply with the residence requirement...we had gone through a lot of hardship and we needed each others companionship), but then how come they granted my wife the visitor visa extension? I am living in Canada, and under no removal order, so am a legal permanent resident, which is the requirement to sponsor. I really have no clue. Can someone please help with the foss notes, and how to order, and who to order for? Thanks!
There's some issue and the electronic case notes (do NOT order a physical copy) will tell you. I'm not sure, but I think FOSS might be dead now, as the goal was to switch everything over to GCMS ("Global Case Management System") rather than the old two system model (FOSS and CAIPS). When you complete the form, you will be asking for "electronic notes" and they will send you the relevant information.

Normally, they respond via e-mail with scanned copies (unless it is very large, when they will burn it onto a CD-ROM and mail it to you). There is a legal mandate to respond in 30 days and normally that is exactly what they do - they send you your results 30 days after receipt of your request.

As for timelines, I've seen cases where the inland office sends it back to CPC-V, but that does typically add six months or longer onto the process.