VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
tplink1357 said:
2010.09.06received
2010.10.27 IP
2011.08.31 CSQ app sent
Honestly, I don't understand how they work...they received your application in sept 2010 and our Dec 2010

And we already received CSQ 1 month ago...

At MICC the lady told me that when you get the request from CIC to go with MICC it is because Canada already accepted you......but we received CSQ on Aug 3rd and still no sign of AIP....so I don't know if it is true or not...

Right now it is patience...patience....Just can't wait !

tplink1357

Aug 19, 2011
sa_ja said:
Honestly, I don't understand how they work...they received your application in sept 2010 and our Dec 2010

And we already received CSQ 1 month ago...

At MICC the lady told me that when you get the request from CIC to go with MICC it is because Canada already accepted you......but we received CSQ on Aug 3rd and still no sign of AIP....so I don't know if it is true or not...

Right now it is patience...patience....Just can't wait !
And we still have to wait after AIP. I thought Quebec would be faster but I think I am wrong.
BTW, I am confused about the second stage. Someone wait for only several days but someone are not.
I don't know if taking a student visa will be beneficial than taking visiting visa.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
sa_ja said:
At MICC the lady told me that [..] CIC [..]
Piece of advice: never trust what government departments say about other departments. They've proven me wrong too many times. Palais de Justice and Directeur d'Etat Civil made an error with our wedding papers, because they don't communicate as they should. Our Solidarity Tax Credit from Revenu Québec has been corrected for the 12th time and is still wrong (my wife is married and not married at the same time, I'm not married at all and my wife is receiving my tax credit payments... Go figure this one out!), since the regular RQ office can't communicate with the RQ-Sol.TaxCred. department. RAMQ says that CIC issues documents to get health care, that CIC agents say don't exist. And I've got more of this kind of stories...

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
yvonne_0131 said:
Hello, Everyone! It's so good to hear so many good news here. :p

I just came back to Canada from my country (visa exempt) last night and received my landing letter. Maybe some of you face the same situation as me, I would love sharing the experience I have.

Here is my timeline:
APP received: 2010/10/01
Started Processing: 2010/11/18
AIP+DM: 2011/07/15
Interview date: 2011/09/23 in Hamilton

Since my brother's wedding was in early September this year, I have already ordered my flight ticket few months ago and planned to go back to my hometown on 8/20 to 9/11. After receiving my AIP+DM letter, I directly went to Hamilton local CIC and be told that my landing interview will be on the end of August. After I explained my flight plan, the lady behind the counter was very nice, she told me she will re-arrange the interview date for me. :-* Therefore, I took the plane back to my hometown and happily attended my brother's wedding. Yesterday when we arrived Canada, I showed my AIP+DM letter to CBSA,the officer checked the computer for few minutes and let my husband and me in. Then I got home safely and received my landing letter.

I hope the information will be helped for those who have the same dilemma.
Good luck to you all! ;D

Congratulations! ;)

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Hi everybody!

I hope all are having a good week. Does anybody have received news lately?

Cheers

Pepe

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
tplink1357 said:
and I think after receiving CSQ,it takes about 1-2weeks to get AIP?
yes usually that's the timeline. i would say after 2 weeks you should receive AIP in the mail

BenderS

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 4 2010
Doc's Request.
August 23, 2011
well it's been 6 weeks since hubby and I applied for his visitor visa extension, still no word yet! His expired 13 days ago ... getting nervous, ugh, and now processing times take 11 months :( I feel like crying ...

trying to be patient, I just hope his extension goes through, it has since December 2009 with no issues, it's never taken this long ,... which makes me nervous

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
mexicanito said:
Hey guys I am not familiar with the term csq, what does that stand for????
Certificat de Sélection du Québec (also refered to as QSC: Québec Selection Certificate). If you apply to live outside of Québec province, you don't need to know anything about it.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Jurjen said:
Piece of advice: never trust what government departments say about other departments. They've proven me wrong too many times. Palais de Justice and Directeur d'Etat Civil made an error with our wedding papers, because they don't communicate as they should. Our Solidarity Tax Credit from Revenu Québec has been corrected for the 12th time and is still wrong (my wife is married and not married at the same time, I'm not married at all and my wife is receiving my tax credit payments... Go figure this one out!), since the regular RQ office can't communicate with the RQ-Sol.TaxCred. department. RAMQ says that CIC issues documents to get health care, that CIC agents say don't exist. And I've got more of this kind of stories...
oh yes, well said jurjen. we are having that sort of problem with revenue canada. they say "I'm not resident but because i'm married with her my wife has to declare my revenues outside of the country since we have been married" but now i don't have more revenues outisde the country....i declared what i had earned before in a special paper(for foreigners, without social insurance number) and they have lowered my child care benefit....thats ok, we knew it....but now revenue canada asked why i haven'T filed my taxes for the past year....well i haven't got a social insurance number yet,, I'm a TOURIST (until the day after tomorrow...eheh). in the service canada website it says that being a visitor you can have a temporary social insurance number only if you have work permit(which i don't have) but the lady at revenue canada on the phone told my wife said that it was not true, and that i can ask for a temporary social insurance number but then you talk with another agent and the other says it is true(that I'M right)....bla bla bla...bureaucracy, it is the same everywhere, i thought canada was sort of exempt by these confusions but apparently it isn't. i have to admit that i notice a better communication within the quebec government but not at federal level. it seems that they are more efficient within the quebec government. but it is an impression.....
another example ....CIC call centre, what a confusion: in the last few weeks(once a week) i have been calling often because i was hoping to get my landing interview soon and every time i called (believe it or not) they were telling me different things:
1)quebec local office timeline is 2 months. they received your AIP in May, you will be called in July....
2) quebec local office timeline is 2 months they received your AIP in June you will be called in august
3) quebec local office timeline is 4 months they received your AIP in June you will be called in october
4) quebec local office timeline is 3 months they received your AIP in June you will be called at the end of september
5)on the last call i ask them "Has my interview been scheduled yet?" "No sir, expect it for october at least, they made a mistake , they sent your file to montreal, back and forth, they made 2 mistakes....well i lower the handset pretty worried but sort of used to this....before i hanged up i asked" would you know for sure if i had an interview scheduled?" "Yes, sir, it would show up on our screen" "Ok thanks".......i go to the post office as usual and what do i find , the same day that i called the CIC call centre? THE LANDING INTERVIEW LETTER!!!!!!
now imagine if that 59 cents stamp letter of them would have been lost???? i wouldn't know about it......and then there is a warning in the letter that for any comunication with them i have to call the call centre...What? if they don't even know that i had an interview? How could i trust them?

well just wanted to tell you this story for fun..... ;D ;D ;D

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
Inlandappl said:
oh yes, well said jurjen. we are having that sort of problem with revenue canada. they say "I'm not resident but because i'm married with her my wife has to declare my revenues outside of the country since we have been married" but now i don't have more revenues outisde the country....i declared what i had earned before in a special paper(for foreigners, without social insurance number) and they have lowered my child care benefit....thats ok, we knew it....but now revenue canada asked why i haven'T filed my taxes for the past year....well i haven't got a social insurance number yet,, I'm a TOURIST (until the day after tomorrow...eheh). in the service canada website it says that being a visitor you can have a temporary social insurance number only if you have work permit(which i don't have) but the lady at revenue canada on the phone told my wife said that it was not true, and that i can ask for a temporary social insurance number but then you talk with another agent and the other says it is true(that I'M right)....bla bla bla...bureaucracy, it is the same everywhere, i thought canada was sort of exempt by these confusions but apparently it isn't. i have to admit that i notice a better communication within the quebec government but not at federal level. it seems that they are more efficient within the quebec government. but it is an impression.....
Sounds like our ongoing saga for Revenue Canada...I tried to get my GST rebate from 2009 and 2010. I had received letters stating I had to provide all sorts of information to them to get this. My husband had no SIN and never filed taxes. I have had letters back and forth and nothing has been resolved. They kept asking for more information, which we provided. Today, he received a letter with a temporary tax number assigned. However, (and this letter is from the same person who has sent me all the letters) he needs to respond to the letter with my 2010 world income!!! Is this person insane? Can't they figure out my income from all the previous letters that they have received with his and my information? With the income clearly stated??

Communication....so simple and yet so hard!!!

Good luck!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hey guys. How is everyone today? Hopefully you are doing well and I hope we get some more good news in the days to come.
I just wanted to share that I passed out my first few resumes today. One place (a small cafe', very cozy inside) I handed the resume into, ended up being the manager after all. He asked a few questions there and at the end he said he would contact me about an interview tomorrow or Thursday. I am very happy since that is the place I have been wanting to work at. I really hope it pulls through because it would be a real blessing. Wish me luck! :p

I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers for more good news your way soon. Stay strong! ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
justina said:
Sounds like our ongoing saga for Revenue Canada...I tried to get my GST rebate from 2009 and 2010. I had received letters stating I had to provide all sorts of information to them to get this. My husband had no SIN and never filed taxes. I have had letters back and forth and nothing has been resolved. They kept asking for more information, which we provided. Today, he received a letter with a temporary tax number assigned. However, (and this letter is from the same person who has sent me all the letters) he needs to respond to the letter with my 2010 world income!!! Is this person insane? Can't they figure out my income from all the previous letters that they have received with his and my information? With the income clearly stated??

Communication....so simple and yet so hard!!!

Good luck!
Oh CRA is such a run around. We ran into the same issues. For a whole year we had to send things back and forth but luckily the beginning of this year, before tax time, I got a temporary tax number. This year both me and hubby filed our tax returns with CRA. Luckily we haven't had a problem since. They even paid back all the money hubby was entitled to from two years ago. Don't give up. :)

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Love_Young said:
Hey guys. How is everyone today? Hopefully you are doing well and I hope we get some more good news in the days to come.
I just wanted to share that I passed out my first few resumes today. One place (a small cafe', very cozy inside) I handed the resume into, ended up being the manager after all. He asked a few questions there and at the end he said he would contact me about an interview tomorrow or Thursday. I am very happy since that is the place I have been wanting to work at. I really hope it pulls through because it would be a real blessing. Wish me luck! :p

I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers for more good news your way soon. Stay strong! ;D
Good luck Love_Young!!! I have the feeling you will probably be hired ;D ;D ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Inlandappl said:
Good luck Love_Young!!! I have the feeling you will probably be hired ;D ;D ;D
Aww thank you. You're too kind. :-* I appreciate the support. If I do, I hope I can inspire all of you that you can do this too.
Inlandappl, you should PM sometime. Maybe would could exchange contacts and keep in touch even after you land.