+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

SOLIDROCK

Jul 23, 2011
komar said:
Hi Solidrock,

Getting transferred without AIP is very serious stuff. Dont take it lightly. They arr most probably thinking that its a marriage of convenience. Which is your local office?

Dont wait for them to ask for more information or documents or the call for interview. Collect as much evidence as you can about the continuity of your relationship and send updates to your application right away and again at least once a month. Include pics, cards, hotel bills/ flight details of any vacation together, lease/ mortgage letters, joint account statement, utility bills, anything that has the name of you two together, letters from family doctor, relatives and friends explaining how long they have known you two and affirming the fact that you are married and in a continuing relationship. You want the IO to be convinced that it is a genuine marriage even without an interview.

hi nick_young and komar

i have more evidence to prove the originality of our marriage. do i just mail them further information and should i be mailing vegreville or Ottawa? in addition i am not taking it likely would be calling CIC on monday to see what is going on.i already sent them joint acct statements, insurance policies showing both names. etc. i am on it

thanks for the tips

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Hi everyone

First, I'd like to congratulate to everyone here who got AIP/PR already. Sorry, I haven't been commenting every time when people had their good news because I tried to not focus on the immigration things too much, on the other hand, Idon't really know what I can say to show how I'm happy for you instead of only typing "congrats", please forgive me.

During the waiting time, I've been trying to spend time on different things, such as learning bookkeeping, gardening and cooking. Also, spending some time to travel to Prince George with BF's brother's family. I deeply hope everyone has been having a good time during the waiting.

As my profile, my app was received on Nov 3 and I haven't heard anything from CIC when some people mentioned about receiving "update form". I'm not sure it's a good thing or not but I want myself staying positive so I don't want to assume anything now. I just sent my son's medical exam proof and his passport copy 2 weeks ago (I didn't have that at the very beginning), although I guess it would delay my case but all I can do is praying.

May God bless everyone here, and wish everyone has a good weekend.

To LoveYoung

Congrats for your PR and hope you doing well after the journey. Also, I'd like to thank you again for updating the chart. Thank you.

To Blackberry and twchu

I received your msg and replied, I hope you received it because I can't see it in "sent box" and didn't see any reply which it might because you're busy which is fine, I'm just worry something wrong with it but I don't want to keep sending message.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
AmandaHsu said:
Hi everyone

First, I'd like to congratulate to everyone here who got AIP/PR already. Sorry, I haven't been commenting every time when people had their good news because I tried to not focus on the immigration things too much, on the other hand, Idon't really know what I can say to show how I'm happy for you instead of only typing "congrats", please forgive me.

During the waiting time, I've been trying to spend time on different things, such as learning bookkeeping, gardening and cooking. Also, spending some time to travel to Prince George with BF's brother's family. I deeply hope everyone has been having a good time during the waiting.

As my profile, my app was received on Nov 3 and I haven't heard anything from CIC when some people mentioned about receiving "update form". I'm not sure it's a good thing or not but I want myself staying positive so I don't want to assume anything now. I just sent my son's medical exam proof and his passport copy 2 weeks ago (I didn't have that at the very beginning), although I guess it would delay my case but all I can do is praying.

To LoveYoung

Congrats for your PR and hope you doing well after the journey. Also, I'd like to thank you again for updating the chart. Thank you.

To Blackberry and twchu

I received your msg and replied, I hope you received it because I can't see it in "sent box" and didn't see any reply which it might because you're busy which is fine, I'm just worry something wrong with it but I don't want to keep sending message.
Hi AmandaHsu... Long time hope your keeping well. . i did reply to your message dont know if you get it?.
I have a question for everyone or anyone who would klnow. If i collect Unemployment Insurance say if i got pregnant is that a form of social assitance?. I have been contributing some money into this and EI has been coming out of my paycheck. Am just wondering if because its been conming out of my paycheck if its considered or if my hubby will have to pay back ?? Someone please let me know .. just curious.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Black-Berry said:
Hi AmandaHsu... Long time hope your keeping well. . i did reply to your message dont know if you get it?.
I have a question for everyone or anyone who would klnow. If i collect Unemployment Insurance say if i got pregnant is that a form of social assitance?. I have been contributing some money into this and EI has been coming out of my paycheck. Am just wondering if because its been conming out of my paycheck if its considered or if my hubby will have to pay back ?? Someone please let me know .. just curious.
Hey B-B! :) As far as I know, EI even if out of your paycheck does not count as receiving social assistance. EI is something you had to have paid into for so long and built up over time before you can receive. Social assistance is when the government pays you like welfare, etc. So does this mean another little one is on the way? ;) You know, just curious.

AmandaHsu said:
Hi everyone

To LoveYoung
Hi AmandaHsu, I am glad to see you back here and that you are doing good. I definitely understand the need for a break. Don't worry I was never asked for a update form and everything was good. I will keep praying for you to receive your good news soon. Stay strong. Thank you for the congrats, that is very nice of you. :)

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Hang tight tozo, they are just now at the beginning and mid October applicants but good news is, you aren't far behind. Good luck!
thanks ,love_YOUNG .....AM REALLY HOLDING TIGHT HERE

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pptk703 said:
Hello, just wondering when did you see this e-case update? Our timeline is very similar but I haven't seen much update yet. Also, what document did you send in?

Here's what I see on e-case now:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 29, 2010.
We started processing your application on December 14, 2010.

I am pretty nervous too!

YEAH I CAN SEE THAT.

JUST SEND ME SOME FORMS TO UPDATE .....WHERE I HAVE LIVE FOR THE PAST 5 YRS,IF AM STILL IN EMPLOYMENT AND IF I HAVE BELONG TO ANY ORGANISATION.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Hey BB! EI is not considered as social assistance, you can get it if you are unemployed or going on mat leave- you have to meet the required hours work to be eligible though. You can check it on Service Canada`s website. I collected EI since I was on maternity leave while my PR got processed and it was never an issue. Does it mean there is another one on the way?
Just curious. ;)

TRUE RUSSIAN

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
KIEV, UKRAINE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 6, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2016
TO Love_Young! Hey so are you going to update the table on Monday? Is it going to be on the same page as the old one or you'll put it on a new page? I have a question for you my application was received on 8th of October now they are working on October 2nd. What if on wednsday it will go beyond my date and I won't hear anything from them? Do I need to give them a call or what?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
TRUE RUSSIAN: Yes, I am hoping to update the chart on Monday. Whenever I update the chart it would be the same thing as posting a new reply in the thread so it will post as a new message would, so it would be a new page. You can't fully go on the CIC site chart, it is only an estimate and isn't meant to be 100% accurate. All I can recommend is to continue to call and ask about it. But don't get your hopes up. By the time I got AIP someone that applied a week after me had AIP two or so days before me so just try and relax. It will happen.

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
Black-Berry said:
EI is not social assistance. However, you need to have worked 600 hours before you are eligible for the benefit....

From the website:

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/types/special.shtml

Who is eligible?

To be entitled to maternity, parental or sickness benefits you must show that:

your regular weekly earnings have been decreased by more than 40%; and

you have accumulated 600 insured hours in the last 52 weeks or since your last claim. This period is called the qualifying period.

If you have been paid EI benefits in the past and you received a written notice, for example, a warning letter and a Notice of Violaiton, OR a penalty and a Notice of Violation , for making a false statement, the required number of hours worked to claim maternity, parental and sickness benefits could be higher.

Self-employed people who register for the EI program may also be eligible to receive maternity, parental and sickness benefits.

Qualifying period

The qualifying period is the shorter of:

the 52 week-period immediately before the start date of a claim, or
the period since the start of a previous EI claim if that claim had started during the 52 week-period.

In certain situations, the qualifying period may be extended up to 104 weeks.

Hope that helps!

One thing that scares me is that on mat leave EI you will receive only 55% of your income. I am not looking forward to that!

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Hello everybody!

I am almost a month from getting news. I am kind of tired and really anxious. I hope CIC continue moving forward at the same rhythm.

Cheers

Pepe

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I called CIC this morning. They're just waiting on my update for my working and address still! The lady on the phone said 'everything looks good other than that' so that sounds like good news...sorta.

Canada07

Jun 28, 2011
Van
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2011
Today I just missed a call from CIC, My application is from october 2010. Receiving a call from CIC normally is a good or bad news?, specially now that I should be receiving some news about my application. I am trying to call them back but it is almost impossible this morning.

cheers

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Canada07 said:
Today I just missed a call from CIC, My application is from october 2010. Receiving a call from CIC normally is a good or bad news?, specially now that I should be receiving some news about my application. I am trying to call them back but it is almost impossible this morning.

cheers
Canada07, have you tried to call back CIC and tell them that you got a phone call?

Cheers

Pepe

Canada07

Jun 28, 2011
Van
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2011
pepe261 said:
Canada07, have you tried to call back CIC and tell them that you got a phone call?

Cheers

Pepe
I am trying but all the agents are a busy and when they call me it came from a blocked id, so I can't call them directlly. The lady let me a voicemail telling that they would call me back, but I don't feel like waiting..heheh