AOR Received.
26-Nov-2010 In Process
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
LANDED..........
27-Feb-2012
fleurette said:
Hi iluvcanada77,
when do you expect to hear something from CIC? by the end of the next week?
I'm hoping by end of next week. If not, I will give them a call on August 3rd when they update cic processing time to "working on applications received October 16th"!!! This whole process is nerve wrecking!

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fleurette said:
Hi everyone,
I got my second FOSS notes today. They were dated from July 11th, 2011.
There is no updates since RCMP check was requested by CIC on April 1st, 2011... Just information about my new prolonged visa was added to the file... No remarks about our relationship as well.

How do you think what is a standard time for RCMP check?
more than 4 months? :eek:
hi, fleurette when you order your foss notes. I fax the application on Jun30th, but till now I still didn't get any mail from them
Thank you .

smishsmash

Apr 3, 2011
Victoria, BC
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 9, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 20, 2010 started processing
Update to my file- They received my missing paperwork on July 18 according to e-cas. Now the question is:when will they finish my file? I know my "bring forward" date is November 2nd.... :( that's a long time from now! I sure hope it's sooner. I just gotta manifest positivity that it will be completed soon and I can get underway for a work permit.

TRUE RUSSIAN

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
KIEV, UKRAINE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 6, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2016
1. CAN YOU IMAGEGINE GUYS I CALLED CALL CENTER YESTERDAY AND AGENT TOLD ME THAT THEY
SEND REQUEST TO RCMP IN MAY (WHILE I'M STILL WAITING FOR 1ST STAGE APPROVAL, THEY RECEIVED MY APPLICATION
ON OCTOBER 8, 2010. TODAY I CALLED THEM AGAIN AND WHEN I ASKED "DID YOU GUYS SEND THE REQUEST TO RCMP" ANOTHER
AGENT TOLD ME "WE DON'T HAVE THAT INFORMATION" SEEMS LIKE THEY DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT IS GOING ON!

2. THE AGENT TOLD ME TODAY THAT ECAS GETS UPDATED OVER THE WEEKEND AND THEY WILL NOT SEE ANY CHANGES WHEN
OFFICER IS ACTUALLY ENTER INFORMATION IN THE SYSTEM.

DO YOU THINK IT'S TRUE WHATEVER I WAS TOLD???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
1. YOU DON'T NEED TO WRITE EVERYTHING IN CAPITALS. In fact, it makes it harder to read.
If they send the request in May, that means they send it. You should've asked if they received it. If you want that info, I suppose you need to order FOSS notes.

2. CIC hotline will receive updates sooner then you can read them on eCas, but it's possible that they don't get it real-time, there could be a small delay too (they synchronise stuff every few hours? Maybe once a day?)

katie_van

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations for all the good news~! :)
Best of luck to those who are still waiting. This is a hard thing to go through, but try to relax and take your time and soon your time will come too.

Canada07 said:
Hi All,

Does anyone know if I can travel abroad after the landing if I haven't received the PR card? I have a work visa in my passport until June 2012 but I am not sure if it still valid after the landing. Does anybody know?

Thank you
Canada07, you need to obtain 'Travel Documents' when returning to Canada by commercial carrier (airplane, boat, train or bus) without PR card. More details can be found here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/visas/prc-crp.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Canada07

Jun 28, 2011
Van
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2011
katie_van said:
Congratulations for all the good news~! :)
Best of luck to those who are still waiting. This is a hard thing to go through, but try to relax and take your time and soon your time will come too.

Canada07, you need to obtain 'Travel Documents' when returning to Canada by commercial carrier (airplane, boat, train or bus) without PR card. More details can be found here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/visas/prc-crp.aspx?lang=eng&view=d
Hi katie_van that was a fantastic help. Thank you

katie_van

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada07 said:
Hi katie_van that was a fantastic help. Thank you
You are welcome :) You can find the office responsible for your country.
Travel document application guides: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

SOLIDROCK

Jul 23, 2011
i am new to the thread, and would say i have found these threads extremely helpful.

hello people! i am trying to find out what the timeline is for ottawa.
i received a message in july saying application has been sent to Local CIC in ottawa. any ideas how long it takes for us to get an interview date?
or would we be favoured by GOD to get the AIP without interview?

i will appreciate your reply

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
I don't think CIC takes favours from anyone, so I don't think God will be a good help.

A lot of people got their 'regular' interview waived (the one before AIP), but there will always be a landing interview. Usually it takes a few weeks between CIC Vegreville finalizing your demand and the actual landing interview. Your local office will pick a date for you and inform you through a letter.

What's your timeline by the way? Could you share your eCas data with us?

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
No news from me thus far. Just checking in on you guys to let you know I'm still kicking. Got my CSQ on the 18th and waiting for word about AIP or interview. Hopefully all goes well. I was looking at other Quebec timelines for AIP approval and it looks like between 2 weeks and a month. I'll give CIC a call around the beginning of next month!

Pippi

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2016
AOR Received.
25-08-2016
FYI.....For those wondering about travelling abroad before the whole PR process is finished.

We returned from Germany last night...a few days before we left we received both stages of approval but had not had our landing interview (scheduled for this coming Thursday).

We landed in Toronto and even though hubby's work permit expired a month ago, we had no problems at all. The immigration officers could see everything on file, that we had AIP and an OWP on the way. They didn't even understand why we had been sent over to them from the main guy who checks the passports. They just stamped hubby's passport and said welcome back.

So, I know they put the fear of God in everyone about travelling, but I can honestly say we've left the country probably 12 times since we started this process (we live at the border) and have never once had a problem.

When we arrived home the OWP official document was in the mailbox.
Will update with landing interview info later in the week (which questions they asked etc.)

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
ppmmwanm said:
hi, fleurette when you order your foss notes. I fax the application on Jun 30th, but till now I still didn't get any mail from them
Thank you .
We sent our request on July 15th, 2011. The ATIP department received it on June 22th, 2011.
I think you will get your FOSS notes in early August.

katie_van

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ CrazyLucy: Good luck CrazyLucy! you are almost there!! :)
@ Pippi: Welcome back Pippi, make sure to get a temporary SIN with the OWP before your landing interview, so that your husband can work while waiting for PR card.

SOLIDROCK said:
i am new to the thread, and would say i have found these threads extremely helpful.

hello people! i am trying to find out what the timeline is for ottawa.
i received a message in july saying application has been sent to Local CIC in ottawa. any ideas how long it takes for us to get an interview date?
or would we be favoured by GOD to get the AIP without interview?

i will appreciate your reply
Hi SOLIDROCK, do you mean your application was transferred before AIP?? In that case, this thread will help you: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/plz-help-inland-application-transfered-without-first-stage-approval-t38860.0.html
If you are waiting for your landing interview after AIP/decision made, Jurjen gave you a good answer. :)

SOLIDROCK

Jul 23, 2011
I don't think CIC takes favours from anyone, so I don't think God will be a good help.

A lot of people got their 'regular' interview waived (the one before AIP), but there will always be a landing interview. Usually it takes a few weeks between CIC Vegreville finalizing your demand and the actual landing interview. Your local office will pick a date for you and inform you through a letter.

What's your timeline by the way? Could you share your eCas data with us?
[/quote]

i can only put my hope and faith in God..everyone who gets AIP would normally go through a landing interview. however i am trying to find out how long it took for anyone in ottawa area to get a call or letter from the local CIC office?

my Ecas details shows
APP recieved on the 4th of october, 2010
app processing began 15th november, 2010
we received the required updates on may 18th
your file has been sent to the local CIC office in ottawa...july 10th, 2011