App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
The COPR should be enough proof of landing even without a stamp in the passport.

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
Jurjen said:
There's always a stamp for the date the application is received, if you get denied access to Canada after (even before the official process date), they could cancel the application. No garantees though.
Thanks for answering. The applicant has a valid visitor visa so there shouldn't be an issue for re-entry. We are afraid that cic would say something like we are not live in Canada together(the applicant would leave Canada for 1 month and the sponsor would leave for two months) even before they start processing our applicant. Would this be a reason for them to refuse our case?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
suenim said:
The COPR should be enough proof of landing even without a stamp in the passport.
This is what I am hoping. But seriously shouldn't all IO's and local offices be following the same procedures? Hmm...oh well. I will kick up a fuss anyway if it comes down to what that guy is going through. Lol. ;) In my opinion if the COPR isn't worth anything than why give it all? I just know when my IO gave to me, she said guard it with your life. But I must say that right now, the only good thing it has gotten me is my health card card. Everyone else just wants PR card.

Anyway, how have you been suenim?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophie100 said:
There is a use for the stamp, my neighbor told me to make sure they stamp my passport. He landed in calgary and they didn't stamp his, he's been trying to apply for Citizenship but they are now fighting his whole PR saying that he is here illegally. He told them that he has his PR card but they have denied it all and said if there is no stamp with landing date, you are not landed. He has spent a ton on $ of lawyers but he thinks he's fighting a losing battle.
Wow, this is very weird, to say the least! I am not doubting you I just thing there are some untold parts of it.

I am pretty sure that the COPR + PR card are enough to prove one's PR status. At my landing interview the IO made sure to say that I should keep the COPR in a very safe place because I would need it if I ever wanted to become a citizen.

Also if the stamp was a requirement to apply for the citizenship it would be listed on the CIC website.
As per www. cic. gc. ca /english /information /applications /guides /CIT0002E4. asp - the required documents to prove your status as a permanent resident (landed immigrant) of Canada are: Record of Landing
(IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) and Permanent Resident Card (PRC) if you have one(photocopy of both sides)

@ Love Young: Sent you a PM with my FB and email. You can add me if you wish! :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
boasorte said:
Wow, this is very weird, to say the least! I am not doubting you I just thing there are some untold parts of it.

I am pretty sure that the COPR + PR card are enough to prove one's PR status. At my landing interview the IO made sure to say that I should keep the COPR in a very safe place because I would need it if I ever wanted to become a citizen.

Also if the stamp was a requirement to apply for the citizenship it would be listed on the CIC website.
As per www. cic. gc. ca /english /information /applications /guides /CIT0002E4. asp - the required documents to prove your status as a permanent resident (landed immigrant) of Canada are: Record of Landing
(IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) and Permanent Resident Card (PRC) if you have one(photocopy of both sides)

@ Love Young: Sent you a PM with my FB and email. You can add me if you wish! :)
I agree, I believe there must be something not being told here. I mean does he not even have his COPR? I would imagine as boasorte said that if it was required they would mention it there on the site when applying for citizenship. Has he considered showing CIC that? Anyway, best of luck to him either way.

boasorte: On my way to checking it now. I will add you here in just a sec! ;)

By the way guys, I am having a hard time deciding on what my signature should look like since getting PR. Should I keep it as is or should I have my timeline in it and move my little saluting smiley with the flag over there? What do you all think?

sophie100

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2010
Doc's Request.
January 12th 2011
AOR Received.
19th April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2010
LANDED..........
Landing - 9th June 2011
I don't really know him well enough to know if there is anything weird going on but the letter he showed me basically said that no CIC office would forget to stamp your passport, to become a PR you must be "Landed" and as he applied from Inland they have to stamp the passport as a way of showing he landed. Like if you apply Outland they would stamp it upon arrival. He has all of his landing documents and has sent copies numerous times, he even went back to Calgary a month ago to try and straighten it out. I think he said that it started when they wanted a copy of his passport page which had his landing stamp for citizenship and thats when s**t hit the fan because there wasn't one.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Are they aware he applied WITHIN Canada? And your COPR is proof that you landed as a PR that is why they tell you to keep it in a safe place. Not to mention I am sure there are several others as myself that have landed without a stamp and I would imagine there were many more before us. If it got to be a big issue, I could see them making sure that everyone's was stamped from then on out. But with everything aside, his COPR is enough.

Like as stated here:
What documents are required?
"Record of Landing (IMM 1000), or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) and Permanent Resident Card (PRC) if you have one."
See here for more: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002E4.asp
There is no mention of a stamp being needed.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Love_Young & Theresa_Lynn,

How are you there? After first stage approval with open work permit on 6th April 2011 we are waiting for second stage approval & final interview.

We submited our police clearance on 30th May 2011. According to Theresa_Lynn it will take 6 weeks to add this document in our file.

Any comment or view on this situation please........................

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
hey LY. how do you know when your eligible for Citizenship

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Black-Berry said:
hey LY. how do you know when your eligible for Citizenship
I filled out the "Residence Calculator" on their site for fun!
Here is the link for it: http://services3.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do?&lang=en

Of course that is the date I am eligible on without taking vacations (which I will obviously be doing) but all you would have to do then once you go on vacation is add extra time in the amount you went on it. So like say if I go on a two week vacation before I apply then I would just wait two weeks after that June 1, 2013 date to apply instead. Hope that makes sense. :)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Appearently if you take your hubby with you, you can count it as days spend inside Canada. ;)

sandra_85

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys! how is everybody doing? Im excited about tomorrow! hopefully, they move 15 days forward :) lol

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Well I would love to see 15 days...because it means they would pass my day and I would hear things shortly....although instead of getting too hopeful and optimistic I will hope for 7-10 days (which would still be AWESOME)!

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hey Sandra!

15 days would be awesome!!! That would make them just one week away from my application... just a stupid question - since Canada Post is on strike how would immigration contact me? Do they e-mail? I believe I provided them with my e-mail address...

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophie100 said:
I don't really know him well enough to know if there is anything weird going on but the letter he showed me basically said that no CIC office would forget to stamp your passport, to become a PR you must be "Landed" and as he applied from Inland they have to stamp the passport as a way of showing he landed. Like if you apply Outland they would stamp it upon arrival. He has all of his landing documents and has sent copies numerous times, he even went back to Calgary a month ago to try and straighten it out. I think he said that it started when they wanted a copy of his passport page which had his landing stamp for citizenship and thats when s**t hit the fan because there wasn't one.
that is plain stupid sorry for the word - if it was the fact you could not change passport or if you loose it you cannot become resident - does not make sense at all