App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
I don't think our applications will go faster if they receive less mail. The employees in the mailroom are probably not suddenly assigned as case processing agents. ;-)

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Right, so the agents will have plenty of time in dealing with our applications, `cause at the end of the strike they will have tones and tones of applications arriving at once...
Is human behaviour, when you get work in a daily basis, you get kind of used to the load of work, but if it suddenly stops, you know soon or later it will restart so you have the tendancy to rush so when the big day comes... you don't have as much as before... is like giving them a week advantage to clean up their desks... :)

yyi

May 3, 2011
Hamilton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I want to share my time line for you guys,

We received your application for permanent residence on August 30, 2010.

We started processing your application on October 21, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on June 15, 2011 to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyi said:
Hello All,

We sent you a letter on June 15, 2011 to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.
Congrats! You got approval for both stages, that's great!
Now, just wait for the landing interview! Fingers crossed. :p

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

I see a lot of people's timeline have the line We received the requested information between AIP and decision made, what is the most common information they request? is it a form to update on information such as previous 2 yr living address, work place, education etc?

I send my app April 2010, started processing June 2010, AIP Jan 2011, in May 2011 we received a "update" form, we filled it out and mailed it back and heard nothing since... just wondering if its normal to get the form.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
sarahLDC said:
Thank you LY, by the way what doctor say about your stomach pain? Did you have ultrasound?
Might be stress related of CIC or weather changes. One thing, on landing day for PR, could avail of free
hospitalization without PR card?
Doctor said where my pain is that he doesn't want to make any assumptions, he wanted tests done first which I already completed but waiting on results for the doctor to get. He hasn't done an ultrasound yet but he will if its needed, he just said he might do one. And no it isn't stress related but stress doesn't help it. I had this pain before then just not as frequent as today. And yeah I already get everything for free thankfully. At least I won't have stress for that. By the way you're welcome and thank you for asking about me.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
oceans_end said:
We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

I see a lot of people's timeline have the line We received the requested information between AIP and decision made, what is the most common information they request? is it a form to update on information such as previous 2 yr living address, work place, education etc?

I send my app April 2010, started processing June 2010, AIP Jan 2011, in May 2011 we received a "update" form, we filled it out and mailed it back and heard nothing since... just wondering if its normal to get the form.
When did you get AIP, what date. I will add it to the chart.

yyi said:
Hello All,

CONGRATS you go approved for both AIP and PR stages at the same time! What day was it approved? On June 15? Because it takes e-Cas two days to update after a decision was made so if you just got it today then I guess it was June 15. Congrats again, I will add it to the chart.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
canadiancitizen said:
Right, so the agents will have plenty of time in dealing with our applications, `cause at the end of the strike they will have tones and tones of applications arriving at once...
Sorry for not seeing the logic in this. They're currently working on applications received roughly 9 months ago. Because of the mail services not working at the moment, in 9 months there will be just a lot of applications processed that all have a date of reception stamp of right after the end of the strikes, so there will be a hickup in the processing of applications received in this time of the year. I don't think less people will immigrate to Canada because of a postal strike, so in 9 months they'll still process about the same amount of applications per week. So it doesn't make a difference for applications now and applications in 8-10 months (correct me if I'm wrong). ;)

Congratulations to Oceans_End and YYI for their obtained decisions! :p

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Jurjen said:
Congratulations to Oceans_End and YYI for their obtained decisions! :p
no I did not get a DM, I was asking if the "update address IMM 5608" form was the document everyone is sending in between AIP and DM? I just copy and pasted someone elses timeline

usually you see from the people who got Dm that this setence is always between AIP and DM, I was wondering what "requested information" was requested from CIC.

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CONGRATS you go approved for both AIP and PR stages at the same time! What day was it approved? On June 15? Because it takes e-Cas two days to update after a decision was made so if you just got it today then I guess it was June 15. Congrats again, I will add it to the chart.
[/quote]
Hi LY, so in my case, if the ECAS showing June 15, and on it, says we sent you a letter June 13, it means I got approved June 13?
God Bless you got PR approved and now all free medication/healthcare. Most important of all...our health.

yyi

May 3, 2011
Hamilton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jennifer0827 said:
Congrats! You got approval for both stages, that's great!
Now, just wait for the landing interview! Fingers crossed. :p
Thank you. Your good news coming soon. :p

yyi

May 3, 2011
Hamilton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you LY & Jurjen.
Last night my e-Cas still was "in process", it just updated this morning and showed "DM", as well as timeline details.
But CP on full strike, I don't know when I can get the letter from CIC! Anyway, will call them next Monday.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
sarahLDC said:
Hi LY, so in my case, if the ECAS showing June 15, and on it, says we sent you a letter June 13, it means I got approved June 13?
God Bless you got PR approved and now all free medication/healthcare. Most important of all...our health.
Yes you got approved on June 13th. Like for mine I found out I got approved for AIP on May 20th even though I got approved for it on May 18th and I found I got approved for PR on May 22nd even though I was approved and sent the letter on May 20th. And yes thank goodness I am a PR now so I can focus more on my health. It is easy during immigration manners to forget what is important but health is definitely something we all have to keep a check on,

yyi said:
Thank you LY & Jurjen.
Last night my e-Cas still was "in process", it just updated this morning and showed "DM", as well as timeline details.
But CP on full strike, I don't know when I can get the letter from CIC! Anyway, will call them next Monday.
You're welcome yyi. CONGRATS again. Well that means if it showed today than the day they sent the letter is the day that approved it both. Yay! That is wonderful. Let us know what CIC says.

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyi said:
Thank you. Your good news coming soon. :p
Congrats YYI, thats both stage approval. Same boat here, we got news from Ecas and full details is in mail yet and CanPost on strike still. By the way, when we call CIC, they said during strike, they sent by registered but same issue, they're on strike. Where's your local office? Im from Edmonton.

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiancitizen said:
Is human behaviour, when you get work in a daily basis, you get kind of used to the load of work, but if it suddenly stops, you know soon or later it will restart so you have the tendancy to rush so when the big day comes... you don't have as much as before... is like giving them a week advantage to clean up their desks... :)
You are absolutely right Canadian Citizen, human behaviour, CIC call center agent mentioned the volume of application received this time is very less than normal, and so everyone inside got more busier taking advantage of clearing backlogged for the new wave of volume to come when Strike is over. Others uses courier services like purelator, ups, fedex etc. but wont deliver they dont accept PO Box and no one inside CIC Vegreville to accept?