App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Sh$t, my letter to Vegreville didn't arrive yet. They started one day too soon.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Yep CP on full strike , our local post office has sealed up the mail box :(

L_Y hope you find out whats wrong and get better soon xx

I cant believe you have been waiting since 2007 sarah LCD !! thats painful ! fingers crossed we here good news soon all who have been waiting this long .

Congratulations ! :D ;D :D ;D

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the congratulations guys, you have always been so supportive and I do appreciate it!

Here is how my landing went:

My appointment at CIC-Halifax was scheduled for 1pm, I got there 20 min. earlier and there was a line up already, it surprised me since I thought I would be the only one landing. Never thought there was so many people immigrating to Halifax. :p
Upon my arrival I was requested to pay the COPR fee, we all kept waiting until everyone in the room had paid for it. Once there was no payments to be done we were called into a ceremony room - the same where my partner took his Citizenship Oath - an officer then explained we were all there to become PR and went on talking about what PR can and can't do, Citizenship, SIN card and the PR card.
I was one of the first ones to be called, the IO was very friendly. He asked for the documents - passport, photos, 2nd piece of ID - and checked all my information on the COPR then he asked me to check it too, I then brought up the fact that my last name is missing its last letter, according with the IO it happened because my last name is too long to fit but he affirmed that it won't be an issue, I hope so !
I was asked the 3 famous questions, I answered no, signed all the papers, got my passport stamped, the IO said you are now a landed immigrant of canada, he didn't say "Welcome to Canada", but I asked him to do so.. ha ha
The landing itself took less than 15 minutes.

My entire process took 12 months and 25 days! :)

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Hello everybody!!

Can anybody explain me how does it work the E-tracker? when one should use it and how?

Cheers

Pepe

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Hello LY,

I know that you must be busy but I was wondering if you could update the chart with the application's times.

Cheers

Pepe

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe261 said:
Hello everybody!!

Can anybody explain me how does it work the E-tracker? when one should use it and how?

Cheers

Pepe

Pepe, check it! This website illustrates all details very clearly. You just need to sign up and wait for the updated information. ;D
https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hey Boasorte!

Congratulations with your landing! It was worth waiting I believe...

I'm in Halifax, too. Do they do it at immigration office on Brunswick St? And what are the 3 famous questions?

Thanks!

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Jennifer0827 said:
Pepe, check it! This website illustrates all details very clearly. You just need to sign up and wait for the updated information. ;D
https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/
Hi Jennifer, thanks for the info...! I hope you get good news soon!

Cheers

Pepe

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boasorte said:
Thank you for the congratulations guys, you have always been so supportive and I do appreciate it!

My appointment at CIC-Halifax was scheduled for 1pm, I got there 20 min. earlier and there was a line up already, it surprised me since I thought I would be the only one landing. Never thought there was so many people immigrating to Halifax. :p
Hi Boasorte, Congrats to your PR and true, welcome to Canada. Just curious,you landed in busy local office so its a group landing. What about local office with one or few landing, Does IO went over re: Foss notes remarks, application files and final interview to both applicant and sponsor? Need to bring along application files and original docs along with passport? :-\

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Latvian said:
Hey Boasorte!

Congratulations with your landing! It was worth waiting I believe...

I'm in Halifax, too. Do they do it at immigration office on Brunswick St? And what are the 3 famous questions?

Thanks!
Thank you Latvian!

- Yes, they do. However for landing they use the ceremony room which is in the lower floor.

- The 3 questions are: Have you been convicted of any criminal charges? Have you been refused or denied entry to Canada ? and Do you have any dependents that you wish to claim?

:)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
eyeoftheocean said:
Yep CP on full strike , our local post office has sealed up the mail box :(
L_Y hope you find out whats wrong and get better soon xx
Well hopefully the strike will not last long. And thank you so much that means a lot. :) I am trying my best to get better thats for sure.

boasorte said:

Upon my arrival I was requested to pay the COPR fee, we all kept waiting until everyone in the room had paid for it. Once there was no payments to be done we were called into a ceremony room - the same where my partner took his Citizenship Oath - an officer then explained we were all there to become PR and went on talking about what PR can and can't do, Citizenship, SIN card and the PR card.
I was one of the first ones to be called, the IO was very friendly. He asked for the documents - passport, photos, 2nd piece of ID - and checked all my information on the COPR then he asked me to check it too, I then brought up the fact that my last name is missing its last letter, according with the IO it happened because my last name is too long to fit but he affirmed that it won't be an issue, I hope so !
I was asked the 3 famous questions, I answered no, signed all the papers, got my passport stamped, the IO said you are now a landed immigrant of canada, he didn't say "Welcome to Canada", but I asked him to do so.. ha ha
The landing itself took less than 15 minutes.

My entire process took 12 months and 25 days! :)
Oh man what an amazing story. Thanks for sharing it. About the line up and you being surprised by so many immigrating to Halifax, I could say that opposite for here, I was the ONLY one. Lol. Of course not the only but for that day it seemed I was. I wish I had gotten my passport stamped just for prosperity reasons because even when you think of years ago people immigrating, they still had a stamp or visa, all I have though is that flimsy piece of paper they call a COPR. Haha. Anyway, I love the part that you actually told him to say "Welcome to Canada" that was genius. I mean that brightened my day, I had to share that with hubby. Haha. What was his reaction? Halifax must be more used to it than St. John's because everyone says their landing took 15 minutes but mine took like 25-30 minutes. I am glad you had such a smooth process. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. You are now a PR and just in time for Canada Day soon! Let's keep in touch and maybe we could exchange email or FB sometime. I just want to say CONGRATS again, I am very happy for you!

WELCOME TO CANADA!!!

pepe261 said:
Hello LY,

I know that you must be busy but I was wondering if you could update the chart with the application's times.

Cheers

Pepe
I will try to update it over the weekend. :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
sarahLDC said:
Hi Boasorte, Congrats to your PR and true, welcome to Canada. Just curious,you landed in busy local office so its a group landing. What about local office with one or few landing, Does IO went over re: Foss notes remarks, application files and final interview to both applicant and sponsor? Need to bring along application files and original docs along with passport? :-\
I know you were talking to boasorte but I thought I might help answer. I was the only person to land the day I did at my local office. She just asked that I bring the $490 for landing fee (hadn't paid it yet), to bring all current status documents (visitor, study, work etc.), two immigration size photos, and my passport. And she also said for my sponsor to come along and for him to have two forms of id on hand. That was all we needed to have. She first checked to make sure we had all of the above on hand then she explained my rights as a PR, when to extend my card if I need to, and how to get healthcare etc. Then she asked me and hubby to look over the COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) form to make sure the information listed was correct and current. She asked me the same 3 questions as boasorte just listed then I initialed and signed it. I was then a PR. That was it. Once you get AIP approved sarahLDC you don't need to worry anymore about the relationship portion of the app. That was approved with AIP. So all you will need is what is above. Certain offices may differ a bit and I mean barely a bit but this is definitely the easiest part of the process. No need to stress yourself out anymore. :p ;)

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you LY, by the way what doctor say about your stomach pain? Did you have ultrasound?
Might be stress related of CIC or weather changes. One thing, on landing day for PR, could avail of free
hospitalization without PR card?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Anyone read the updates about the mail strike? Harper wants to pass a law that gets the postal workers back to work, which means they want to make striking illegal!? So far for constitutional rights...
http://www.cupw.ca/index.cfm/ci_id/13235/la_id/1.htm

Not I don't want them to go back to work to deliver my letter, but this way is ridiculous.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Jurjen said:
Anyone read the updates about the mail strike? Harper wants to pass a law that gets the postal workers back to work, which means they want to make striking illegal!? So far for constitutional rights...
http://www.cupw.ca/index.cfm/ci_id/13235/la_id/1.htm

Not I don't want them to go back to work to deliver my letter, but this way is ridiculous.
I don't want them to go back to work, so CIC won't be receiving new applications, therefore they'll focus only on our applications 2011... for those already in process (2010), CIC mentioned that it will send register mail... :)