Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Hello everybody!

I would love to see CIC moving 15 forward... did anyone try to call CIC and check the status of the application?

Cheers!

Pepe

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Jurjen said:
Appearently if you take your hubby with you, you can count it as days spend inside Canada. ;)
Only to retain PR not to go towards days for citizenship I think...

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
That's for sure at least, but I'm doubting if it would count for cititzenship... Ow well, 3 more years time to find it out before we can apply. :D

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Jurjen said:
That's for sure at least, but I'm doubting if it would count for cititzenship... Ow well, 3 more years time to find it out before we can apply. :D
Yip and that will be another interesting time for sure :) At least there is a break to re-energise for the next battle! :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jurjen said:
No, it wouldn't count towards citizenship. You need physical presence in Canada of 3 out of the previous 4 years to be eligible to apply for citizenship.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
So that just means not to have to many vacations (outside of Canada). That's okay, I suppose the country itself is big enough to discover first. :D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Jurjen said:
Appearently if you take your hubby with you, you can count it as days spend inside Canada. ;)
Thats only when you are counting resident days NOT days counted for citizenship.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Jurjen said:
So that just means not to have to many vacations (outside of Canada). That's okay, I suppose the country itself is big enough to discover first. :D
Also, I don't know if you know but the days before getting PR count as half days but only up to a year and of course after PR they count as whole days until you finally meet the days. You need to have physically resided in Canada for 3 out of 4 years before your application for citizenship. So like for me, I have resided for 2 years in Canada before PR so since the days count as half days, that means I have already resided in Canada for one year. Now I just need to reside physically in Canada for two more years. At the most over the next couple of years, I only expect to go on vacation for a total of two months so I would only need to wait two more months after my original eligibility date to apply for citizenship.

I think it is very easy to get confused on how to count the days for PR and citizenship. Even after reading the guides and site, it still doesn't seem so very clear.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Myself and my husband do not care about the citizenship part at all. He is still going to get it when the time comes but I am not going to be counting down the days or anything like we are now.

When we sent in to extend his visitor status, I didn't even check at all when it was coming. I didn't even know you could do that. I knew he would be extended so I never thought about it. The PR process is the worst of them all and the hardest in my opinion. Applying for citizenship is a walk in the park.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Hi to everyone! Sorry I've been away for a week. We moved to our new place and we didn't have internet and cable for a couple of days. Hope everybody is doing well and enjoying the first day of summer. Hubby will be landing in Calgary this Thursday, wish us luck!

Hey LoveYoung, hope you are feeling better! How's your mom doing?

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
kiwikris said:
Only to retain PR not to go towards days for citizenship I think...
hi Kiwikris, just wondering how come after ur AIP, it took so long to get DECISION MAKE?? did u call CIC ?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Love_Young said:
Also, I don't know if you know but the days before getting PR count as half days but only up to a year and of course after PR they count as whole days until you finally meet the days. You need to have physically resided in Canada for 3 out of 4 years before your application for citizenship. So like for me, I have resided for 2 years in Canada before PR so since the days count as half days, that means I have already resided in Canada for one year. Now I just need to reside physically in Canada for two more years.
I interpreted that rule as only one year, before dividing it by 2. So you can use up to one year, that you spend in Canada before PR, so you only need to stay 2,5 years after.
The website is not very conclusive about this (I didn't read the guide yet).

lhet_sept2010

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-09-12
LANDED..........
23-09-2011
I just checked my application today. In my status it says:

We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2010.
We started processing your application on November 3, 2010.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

What does this mean??

YEsterday, a person from immigration called and asked for my new passport and I was asked to faxed it, and I did faxed it right away. This morning, I checked my status and it says, a ecision has been made andyou will be contacted.

I am praying a lot that it will be a positive result...

My Timeline:
Application Sent : September 12, 2011
Application Received : September 15, 2011
Application was processed on November 3, 2010
DEcision Made : June 22, 2011

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
lhet_sept2010 said:
I just checked my application today. In my status it says:

We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2010.
We started processing your application on November 3, 2010.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

What does this mean??

YEsterday, a person from immigration called and asked for my new passport and I was asked to faxed it, and I did faxed it right away. This morning, I checked my status and it says, a ecision has been made andyou will be contacted.

I am praying a lot that it will be a positive result...

My Timeline:
Application Sent : September 12, 2011
Application Received : September 15, 2011
Application was processed on November 3, 2010
DEcision Made : June 22, 2011
My timeline is almost identical...I hope I hear something before the end of the week!

Application Received: Sept 14
In Process: Nov 3
Continue with MICC (Quebec): May 13
Still waiting for CSQ and AIP!

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Teriskier said:
My timeline is almost identical...I hope I hear something before the end of the week!

Application Received: Sept 14
In Process: Nov 3
Continue with MICC (Quebec): May 13
Still waiting for CSQ and AIP!
Hellor Teriskier,

have you called CIC to ask about your application? If I were you I could call everyday! You are close. Good luck!!

Pepe