February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
cutieshashie said:
oh question for everyone - for those who were requested for additional info (not the client update history form), how long did it take before they attached it to your file? the deadline on my letter was 90 days... i'm hoping it's not 90 days :S
Unfortunately it wont be before 90 days

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Received FOSS notes today (2nd time). nothing interesting other than they extend the medicals validity, and put next BF'D date is April 28, 2011.

mi

Mar 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB + Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
19-02-2011
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
19-03-2011
i have an question for everyone, we received the letter for "examination interview" today. it is scheduled on march 19 between 10am and 11am. it is a Saturday, does CIC office open on Saturday? I looks a little bit odd to me and I am not sure if they made a mistake.
Thanks!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
mi said:
i have an question for everyone, we received the letter for "examination interview" today. it is scheduled on march 19 between 10am and 11am. it is a Saturday, does CIC office open on Saturday? I looks a little bit odd to me and I am not sure if they made a mistake.
Thanks!
call them :)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
mi said:
Thanks!
Its a landing interview. Call CIC call center to double check the date though.

mi

Mar 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
19-02-2011
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
19-03-2011
Asta said:
call them :)
thanks
will call first thing tomorrow if anyone picks up the phone :'(
want to make sure because we will need to inform both of our companies HR for taking time off if it is not on weekend

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
kiwikris said:
Here are some sites for newcomers
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/audiences/newcomers/index.shtml

Ontario
http://www.settlement.org/index.asp
Ottawa--very good and you can do language assesment here, also have other courses you can do and you can go when you have AIP and maybe before then as well.
http://www.ymcaywca.ca/locations/Newcomer+Information+Centre/

Newfoundland and Labrador
http://www.canadainfonet.org/info/settlement/newfoundland_and_labrador/
You could try typing in Newcomers to Canada and then your town/province in google.
Good luck everyone :)
I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to everyone getting good news and for those still waiting, I hope you get good news very soon. Thanks for sharing any news you get and I hope to keep hearing from all of you.

Thank you kiwikris for those links, they are very helpful. I also found this site from the TV and it finds places to volunteer in your community based on interest, etc. Take a match test here: http://www.getinvolved.ca/match them click "Find an Opportunity"
You answer 4 or 5 questions and then it pops up results. Hope you find this helpful. I know I have so far. :D

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
mi said:
thanks
will call first thing tomorrow if anyone picks up the phone :'(
want to make sure because we will need to inform both of our companies HR for taking time off if it is not on weekend
can u share ur timeline? when did u send application etc.

mi

Mar 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
19-02-2011
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
19-03-2011
I posted my background before, it is on post #1390, can be found on page 129 ;)

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Hey people

A question please

so they have asked us in their request for an interview to redo the In-Canada application for permenent residance form (IMM5002) when I was going over the old form which I already sent in I relized that I missed an address in the part where it says list the addresses for the last ten years of your life :'(

Do u think its wise to correct it now or will I be acused of missrepresentation if I do??

This is so stressful

Sorry im posting all my questions in here !!

Thanks

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where do we see the BF'D date on our FOSS notes? In what section? Thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Material said:
Hey people

A question please

so they have asked us in their request for an interview to redo the In-Canada application for permenent residance form (IMM5002) when I was going over the old form which I already sent in I relized that I missed an address in the part where it says list the addresses for the last ten years of your life :'(

Do u think its wise to correct it now or will I be acused of missrepresentation if I do??

This is so stressful

Sorry im posting all my questions in here !!

Thanks
Fix it. You can advise the officer that it was an innocent error.

One thing about misrepresentation. It's most simple application is telling a lie (or by ommission) to gain some sort of "benefit" under the Act. Missing an address is not likely to produce "benefit" unless perhaps you were living in another country and committed a criminal act in that country that would make you inadmissible to Canada. You lied to produce "benefit" for yourself, i.e. getting PR.

A PR application is to get the greatest benefit available under the Act. It's the place to clean up all the errors you've made in any previous applications. Full disclosure is expected and necessary. There is a big difference between an error and a lie. IOs and VOs know this and while sometimes it can create suspician because they can wonder if you are hiding something significant, small errors that are innocent can be corrected without incident. However, an important note is that the excuse of "I didn't know" doesn't wash with CIC.

But this looks like something you missed and is not likely to cause you any problems.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
rjessome said:
Fix it. You can advise the officer that it was an innocent error.

One thing about misrepresentation. It's most simple application is telling a lie (or by ommission) to gain some sort of "benefit" under the Act. Missing an address is not likely to produce "benefit" unless perhaps you were living in another country and committed a criminal act in that country that would make you inadmissible to Canada. You lied to produce "benefit" for yourself, i.e. getting PR.

A PR application is to get the greatest benefit available under the Act. It's the place to clean up all the errors you've made in any previous applications. Full disclosure is expected and necessary. There is a big difference between an error and a lie. IOs and VOs know this and while sometimes it can create suspician because they can wonder if you are hiding something significant, small errors that are innocent can be corrected without incident. However, an important note is that the excuse of "I didn't know" doesn't wash with CIC.

But this looks like something you missed and is not likely to cause you any problems.
Thanks for the great advice

It just so happened that I missed the address accidently I sure hope that the officer doesnt think that Im hidding something.Im going to cerrect it now since I have the oppertunity to do so and I will try to provide a good explination to why Im correcting it now.

Thanks again

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
adzees said:
Unfortunately it wont be before 90 days
really? that's so annoying... i sent everything in my application and then they lose one document and that automatically delays my application for 90 days... grrr!!! thanks though, adzees!

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
cutieshashie said:
really? that's so annoying... i sent everything in my application and then they lose one document and that automatically delays my application for 90 days... grrr!!! thanks though, adzees!
I know it is annoying. They lost my medical results (actually Ottawa did the mistake and never entered in under my file #). With my AIP letter Vegreville requested me to go through medical, and only then i found out that they do not have my medical results associated with my file. I ordered FOSS notes, and found out the BF date was exactly three months from the date they sent me the letter.
Even though they received my response back in early November. My e-cas status says that they received in in January after three months. And after that they have put another three months BF date on my file, while they are waiting for back ground checks.