20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Love_Young said:
I don't know about the whole prediction thing just because doing one chart is very time consuming reasons why sometimes you won't see it updated for a good while. Plus I feel that for people like myself that don't have AIP yet, it could get depressing. While you all get to make predictions, I don't. I wouldn't feel comfortable in doing so just because I don't know if I am even approved or will be. I think people would also get depressed about it if their predictions weren't picked before others or if the predictions didn't come true. Then lurkers and new members could start to think that is the actual time you will be getting it and they would start asking questions which is also time consuming. I mean don't get me wrong, it seems like a good idea. But I see more cons than pros for it. Sorry to be a downer just wanting to be realistic.
Love_Young, I have to say, you're such a thoughtful person. I didn't think about the pros before you mentioned it. :p

Love_Young said:
I guess it is just my jealousy coming through since I can't even make a prediction yet. It just wouldn't be right to make one if I am not even approved for AIP. I still have a 50% chance of getting denied and that scares me. I won't be spending much time on here anymore but I will still lurk, celebrate, and update when I can. Hubby is going part-time this week and to be fair and healthy for our relationship, I need to stop obsessing over immigration and these boards. I need to devote that time to him. I need to start treating it as more permanent (even though it is) rather then constantly thinking, "This could be it, I could be going home soon." And I need to devote my attention to myself and to other hobbies that are more beneficial like losing weight, drawing, photography, writing, etc. Anything besides immigration and here even just for a little while. I feel like such a horrible person. Tell me I am not the only one that has devoted too much time to immigration and this site. Did anyone else feel obsessive?

Blah I need a hug today! Ignore me, the downer.
Big hugsssss for you. No worry, you're not the only one spending that much time on the board or immigration things, so am I. Nowadays, most conversations between my bf & I are almost about PR things. I keep repeating(complaining?) to him that why we can't get any news from the call center and ask him to open the mailbox everyday. It's just the time being.....So don't depress yourself. Enjoy the time with your husband and happy birthday to you advanced since I know you won't be here during your birthday.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Babyhangon : Congrats....really!! At least now you know your app is in process and it just takes some times like other people.

Asta: Congrats, you've brought a really good news for this weekend :p

Also to people who get/ are going to get OWP, AIP......blahlahlan.....nice to hear those good news all the time, make me feel hopeful and cheerful

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Should I be worried that I haven't been asked to update any history?

A lot of people that applied around me have been asked to update that. It has me curious. Either I haven't got it or I have and my MIL isn't giving it to me. Ahh...it better not be the second part. Anyway, I will be going to the mail today so I guess we will see.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:

A lot of people that applied around me have been asked to update that. It has me curious. Either I haven't got it or I have and my MIL isn't giving it to me. Ahh...it better not be the second part. Anyway, I will be going to the mail today so I guess we will see.
I didnt get that request either Love_young.....

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Love_Young said:

Don't worry hun, maybe it's a good thing, they asked us for an update. I think it's a random thing. You never know with CIC.

perrinsa

Oct 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
27-06-2011
@Love_Young: We didn't get asked for that either and so far everything has been straightforward. Just the waiting that kills you

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
perrinsa said:
Have applied for the Care Card, but not SIN yet, as was advised to hold off on that as long as possible until I have to so that I potentially don't have to do two trips to service canada here in vancouver which is from all accounts a gong show..
@ Perrinsa:
I'd suggest you to apply for your SIN card, cuz in order to work and get paid for it, you need to provide a SIN number for tax purposes along with your Work Permit, otherwise, in the long run you and/or your employer can get in trouble with the CRA for not declaring taxable income. In other words, without a SIN CARD/Number, you are getting paid "under the table", unless you are a self-employee/contract and you'll declare the income you're getting now next year with your new SIN Number as a permanent Resident.

perrinsa

Oct 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
27-06-2011
@sgnv: The intention was never to not get one, but to hold off until I need one. Once I have a job offer, I will make the trek to Service Canada and do the application. It was simply a case that if my PR landing interview happened before I got a permanent job, I would only have to go to SC once.

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Love Young,
dont worry. I haven't been asked for anything additional as well. From the moment that I have sent my application in March until November when I got my AIP they didnt send me any request in between.

I believe that you will hear something within a month or two.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
I'm so happy today...

I just found out that my application has started processing at 20th Dec 2010 via their automatic system.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Although compared to people who have AIP or OWP or DM....it's really nothing but I'm still so excited.
At least I don't need to worry about my application might sleep somewhere

Good luck to all of us :-* :-* :-*

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmandaHsu said:
I'm so happy today...

I just found out that my application has started processing at 20th Dec 2010 via their automatic system.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Although compared to people who have AIP or OWP or DM....it's really nothing but I'm still so excited.
At least I don't need to worry about my application might sleep somewhere

Good luck to all of us :-* :-* :-*
Great news AmandaHsu! Any news that isn't negative from them is good news. I hope you get processed quickly! So did they start processsing your app on Dec 20? Or ?? I am happy that you are hearing something good.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
californiajeninca said:
Great news AmandaHsu! Any news that isn't negative from them is good news. I hope you get processed quickly! So did they start processsing your app on Dec 20? Or ?? I am happy that you are hearing something good.
Thanks, I'm having wine with my bf now (I know it's too early to celebrate it, but we're really happy since he has started to get more work orders and this news from CIC, please don't laugh at us ;D ;D)
However...you're right, i'm too excited to not notice the question :p :p :p What I heard from the phone was "we received your app on Nov 3, 2010, a letter of receive it from office on Dec 20, 2010" (something like that)....so does it mean the paper in process?? ::) ::) I don't know :p :p

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
perrinsa said:
@ sgnv: The intention was never to not get one, but to hold off until I need one. Once I have a job offer, I will make the trek to Service Canada and do the application. It was simply a case that if my PR landing interview happened before I got a permanent job, I would only have to go to SC once.
@ Perrinsa: it's all good :)
The reason I wrote that is because I just renew my SIN card with my new OWP and my application for PR has been finalized (decision made this month) although I haven't receive the letter from CIC yet. So I went to Service Canada and I asked the Agent if I should wait to get the landing record first and then renew my SIN, he advised me not to wait and do it right away, even if I get the landing letter/interview in a week or so; perhaps the reason is I'm currently employed, and for the company's HR & tax purposes I've to have an active SIN number (not an expired one). Same with my MSP card.

Good luck! :)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Asta said:
aww happy for u!! now everything's in place. best of luck with application!

guys, thanks to all for congrats!
Love Young, thats sweet! p.s. they started processing my app on MY birthday and sent me landing interview on valentine's day :d

Adzeez, u never know, it might be much faster ;)

wish u all to get good news very soon!
I dont want it though.. My wife is going out of country for a month with her parents.. And i do not want to go through with rescheduling LOL

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Congrats to everyone that received good news! Don't forget to update Trackitt.com too!!