App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Hopefully it wont be too much longer. I had a feeling I was going to have to re-do the medicals. For a moment there I wasnt sure if they were going to ask for them and I would just slide by haha. Oh well. I was wish they would have told me sooner. They knew that my medicals were going to expire soon and they wait until my police clearance to tell me.
C'est la vie. Not much I can do but do what they want so I can get on with my life.

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CrazyLucy said:
Hopefully it wont be too much longer. I had a feeling I was going to have to re-do the medicals. For a moment there I wasnt sure if they were going to ask for them and I would just slide by haha. Oh well. I was wish they would have told me sooner. They knew that my medicals were going to expire soon and they wait until my police clearance to tell me.
C'est la vie. Not much I can do but do what they want so I can get on with my life.
Sorry to hear that. I re-did my medicals again a couple of weeks ago. You need 3 Canadian size passport photos but you do have to wait for the letter since it has a piece of document there that the doctor will need.

Browse around for doctors cause they charge different prices for the medicals. I managed to get $50 off from a doctor to another so be sure to call different offices.

Good luck

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
CEC said:
Sorry to hear that. I re-did my medicals again a couple of weeks ago. You need 3 Canadian size passport photos but you do have to wait for the letter since it has a piece of document there that the doctor will need.

Browse around for doctors cause they charge different prices for the medicals. I managed to get $50 off from a doctor to another so be sure to call different offices.

Good luck
The last doctor I went to only charged me 100 bucks. Maybe it's changed since then. When I get my document in the mail, I'll make an appointment the same day.

iluvcanada77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
26-Nov-2010 In Process
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
LANDED..........
27-Feb-2012
We received your application for permanent residence on October 14, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on April 20, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on August 19, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you a letter on February 3, 2012 to *********** about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
iluvcanada77 said:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 14, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on April 20, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on August 19, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you a letter on February 3, 2012 to *********** about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.
Congratulations!!!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this week I will hear some news. They now have all necessary information and it has been over 7 months since I received AIP...

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
so tired of waiting been 8months since aip and still waiting so not right

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
CrazyLucy said:
I think I'm just going to play it safe and wait for the letter. It's just a bummer. On the bright side, they finally attached my police report...which took like...6-7 months. Hopefully my medicals wont be that long this time. I'm going to keep positive on this one.
Hi Crazylucy. I think you can call them to make sure you need to redo your medical. and then you can do it right away instead of waiting for the letter. and it takes 2-3 months to get the final decison after you submit it thats what call center agent told me...

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Just a thought, after receiving AIP your able to get medical coverage, check if you have to pay for the second medical. When you book your appointment ask the receptionist if it's covered. When you paid the initial fee its because you have no health coverage. I may be wrong but it's worth a try.

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Question about Foss notes.

We received FOss notes on friday, now in the letter it says that some part have been withheld and reviews by Access to information and Privacy Division...

What kind of info would they withheld?? and how long does it takes to hear from them???

thanks!

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
Wondering if anyone has experience with interviews after AIP and before PR. Is this a common thing? I haven't been asked for one or even heard anything from CIC in awhile (so discouraging!!), I was just curious whether anyone had heard of that happening.

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeresaLynn said:
Just a thought, after receiving AIP your able to get medical coverage, check if you have to pay for the second medical. When you book your appointment ask the receptionist if it's covered. When you paid the initial fee its because you have no health coverage. I may be wrong but it's worth a try.
Unfortunately not, Ohip does not cover immigration medicals exams, I checked myself.

sa_ja said:
Question about Foss notes.

We received FOss notes on friday, now in the letter it says that some part have been withheld and reviews by Access to information and Privacy Division...

What kind of info would they withheld?? and how long does it takes to hear from them???

thanks!
I am not sure. So far I have requested 2 FOSS and neither of them had such message.

absentgodot said:
Hi everyone,
Wondering if anyone has experience with interviews after AIP and before PR. Is this a common thing? I haven't been asked for one or even heard anything from CIC in awhile (so discouraging!!), I was just curious whether anyone had heard of that happening.

I never heard of any interview to prove relationship after AiP. Usually the relationship genuineness stage is closed after AiP. But who knows, right?

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
oceans_end said:
anyone know if there were anyone left from 2009 still waiting? well I guess I'm the earliest left... submitted my app in April 2010, started processing in June, got AIP Dec and waiting ever since... guess we are all waiting for background checks while some other people two stages at once... how can someones multiple background checks be done in a day and ours take a year!??1
Its been over 2 years for us here. :-\ We think there may be some news coming in the upcoming weeks. Immigration has told us that there is nothing left to check.

Hope to hear somethig soon. :)

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Love_Young said:
No, they have just AIP. If it were for the final stage it would mention that they sent a letter to you on such and such date.
hi LY! Thanks for the updates ...really appreciate it. But I'm still waiting for my PR till now my ecas says:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 18, 2010.

We received the requested information on December 20, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on April 21, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on December 5, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

Thats all I can get from now..till when I dont know... ??? It's killin me...

Have a nice day!

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Well just popping in to say hi!.
I landed early last year and life has had its ups and downs!. I am also now expecting another child!. 18 weeks Preggo!!
Life as landed is fine. Just been workign working working. Its nice having the flexibility, the different options for everything out there and not feeling restricted!> I havent left the country as yet which is bizzare because i remember when i was applying and waiting for AIP i couldnt wait to land so i could travel!> Now i have NO money to go anywhre hahaha.!
Its lovely seeing the old folks and the new pones here and reading all the great updates!!.
Ill be popping in once in a while !..

LuckyJinx

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1st 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 27 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 17 2011/ Re-Done Oct. 10 2012
Interview........
Jan. 31 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Work permit issued Jan. 31 2012
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2013.....Finally!!!!!
Just got my work permit today!!! Took about 4 days to gt here :) it feels so good to have that paper in my hand! Almost there.......