Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babel said:
hi guys i just checked my ecas and it has been updated now its says

we received your app for pr on dec 16th 2010
started processing your app on 4th feb 2011

and a third line has been added which says a decision has been made and you will be contacted

i am the person who is being sponsored so i just wanted to know what it means cause they havent mentioned anything about my medical or a letter being sent
Congratulations, Babel. It looks like you have AIP. They may update your e-cas in a few days. Don't worry yet, give it a few days.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
so I got off the phone with an agent on the phone. They're waiting on my police report still. I guess it went into the mail queue. :( BUT they did get my OWP request and it should be here next week! It expires next November. The agent on the phone said to me that that pretty much means that my PR process SHOULD be over by then. AND I dont have to keep extending my visitor's visa. So it's kind of good news-bad news.

Midcityjohn

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I'm new to the forum. My application was received July 21, 2011. Processing started Oct 5th. Approved in principle letter Oct 11th. They received my OWP request Oct 26th. Nov 23 they received my medical.

My question is if I applied for a study permit would i be considered an international student still being I'm AIP? BIG difference in tuition rates.

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
Hi,

i sponsored my wife for inland PR in May 2011.
Now my wife is pregnant and dont have medical cover, so dont know what to do.

Any advise?

thanks

GBL2011

Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2011
File Transfer...
22-11-2011
Med's Done....
06-08-2011
chau01 said:
Hi,

i sponsored my wife for inland PR in May 2011.
Now my wife is pregnant and dont have medical cover, so dont know what to do.

Any advise?

thanks
Is it a possibility to do an outland application and pull your inland one? Depending on your VO you may be able to get her PR before she gives birth. But, you need to keep in mind that even after she gets PR, shes still going to have to wait through a 3 month waiting period in most provinces before she can obtain free health care.

I have an old work colleague whose wife gave birth a few weeks before their OHIP came into effect (they are PRs). The hospital just billed them the charges after she left the hospital.

Hope that helps...

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Teriskier said:
I am so unbelievably frustrated with immigration canada!!!!

We sent my police record from the United States in addition to a solemn affirmatino regarding the fact that I could not receive a police record from the Turks and Caicos Islands and a letter was sent to us yesterday asking for a police clearnace from Turks and Caicos Island....is my IO a *censored word*ing idiot? Can he not read the letter that said I attempted to obtain one and nothing was sent!!!!!

I am ready to give up...I am a 26 year old female from the US, I happened to spend 7.5 months living in Turks and Caicos working at a resort and it is preventing me from completing my immigration file...it shouldn't be this difficult. At this rate my partner and I are just going to move back to the US! The worst part...I can't even speak to anyone about it...when I call the CIC help line they can't offer anything, I am so fed up with this process.

Excuse my language but it BULL*censored word*!

OOOOuuuffff... just go... and I am not saying it in a bad way... I am also an American Citizen and I am soooo frustrated with this process I wish I could just go back... my wife loves Canada so here we are... we lived a few years in the States but she convinced me to move... I got AIP already but if foy any reason we are denied I just feel we would be better off in the States... I know that for many people coming to Canada is like a dream come true but it just takes such a loooooong time... I hope they improve the Immigration system, which for us, it can't do much, but for future applicants... there should be a difference between Canadian citizen Sponsors and Canadian Residents sponsors... in the States as a Citizen it takes you less than 6 months to get your wife/husband's Green Card... for a resident the process is longer, but it is one of the perks of being a citizen... not here... someone becomes resident and can start clamming people and jamming the system with lots of applicants... The weather is bad, the food is bad, the prices are higher... I miss the States...

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys,
how long does cic takes to attached requested information......i send in my police certificate , copy of passport and they received it on the august 19,2011 and the call agent says she cannot see it been attached.....am wondering how long its takes to attached to file.....i know its take 3 or 4 months but its taking longer than expected......hope they act fast for the second stage approval.....still patiently waiting.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
tozo, right now they are opening additional documents received after July 25. That is what CIC told me last week. I sent additional documents and they were received on Oct.3. They have not been added yet. Vegreville is weird because I read that someone that sent there documents in Sept have already been added. maybe you should start an inland thread as to when you sent your documents and when they were attached. LOL

midcityjohn, you should join us in the Inland 2011 thread as well. You are the 3rd or 4th person now that applied in July that have AIP. It is still a mystery to me what is going on.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Midcityjohn said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum. My application was received July 21, 2011. Processing started Oct 5th. Approved in principle letter Oct 11th. They received my OWP request Oct 26th. Nov 23 they received my medical.

My question is if I applied for a study permit would i be considered an international student still being I'm AIP? BIG difference in tuition rates.

Hi Midcityjohn,

Your timeline is simply amazing, just as it is for three other July applicants in the 2011 thread which you are certainly welcome to join. Based on the info you provided, it is safe to say that your OWP will be issued in virtue of the AIP. As far as tuition is concerned, whether you may be considered or not for domestic tuition has very little to do with your work permit. It solely depends on the tuition policies that specifically pertain to your college or university, as there is no generalized criteria nationwide about it. While AIP may suffice for some schools to let you pay domestic fees, others, like the university I am currently attending, will require you to be a full-fledged permanent resident. In case that you haven't done so yet, you may want to contact the admissions office at your school to find out how they normally proceed in this cases! (hope AIP is enough for you!)

Congrats on your AIP and good luck!! :)

S.

Midcityjohn

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Serendipity. I applied to the local university here but international tuition was around 14k. So I guess I will just have to wait until I get PR for domestic tuition rate of around 5k. After reading some of the posts, I feel lucky to be this far in the application process. I wonder if the province where an applicant resides has anything to do with the speed of the application, as I live in SK. By far the hardest part has been the boredom of waiting.

Midcityjohn

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@mexicanito, I'm from the US as well. I defiantly don't see Canada as being "better" to live opposed to the US either. People ask me which is better a lot. I say if your poor then Canada is better. If you have money then US is better. Canada takes care of their poor better than the US. The food in Canada is god awful too. If your a Mexican citizen, I believe you can just apply for a work permit at anytime in Canada through NAFTA.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Midcityjohn said:
The food in Canada is god awful too.
That's just the poutine, there's plenty of good stuff here. ;)

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Midcityjohn said:
@ mexicanito, I'm from the US as well. I defiantly don't see Canada as being "better" to live opposed to the US either. People ask me which is better a lot. I say if your poor then Canada is better. If you have money then US is better. Canada takes care of their poor better than the US. The food in Canada is god awful too. If your a Mexican citizen, I believe you can just apply for a work permit at anytime in Canada through NAFTA.
I am not a mexican citizen... it would be nice to have a three citizenships... is that posible ??? I guess I could be... the rule is if you have 1 or 2 mexican parents by default you can claim mexican citizenship... both my parents are mexican so it would be piece of cake but I never applied for it... So far I like the US much better, but oh well... here I am...

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mexicanito said:
OOOOuuuffff... just go... and I am not saying it in a bad way... I am also an American Citizen and I am soooo frustrated with this process I wish I could just go back... my wife loves Canada so here we are... we lived a few years in the States but she convinced me to move... I got AIP already but if foy any reason we are denied I just feel we would be better off in the States... I know that for many people coming to Canada is like a dream come true but it just takes such a loooooong time... I hope they improve the Immigration system, which for us, it can't do much, but for future applicants... there should be a difference between Canadian citizen Sponsors and Canadian Residents sponsors... in the States as a Citizen it takes you less than 6 months to get your wife/husband's Green Card... for a resident the process is longer, but it is one of the perks of being a citizen... not here... someone becomes resident and can start clamming people and jamming the system with lots of applicants... The weather is bad, the food is bad, the prices are higher... I miss the States...

Buddy,

I hear you about missing the US, specially New York City - I was living and working in Manhattan before moving to Toronto. However, I have to tell you that I strongly disagree with anyone stating that the US is better than Canada or vice versa. Generalizing about it will inevitably lead you to make inaccurate statements about either country, which is unfair and misleading. Of course, it is understood that you are entitled to your own opinion and that what you describe is based on your very own personal experience, which should be respected.

As far as I am concerned, what in essence allows you to have a "better life" in North America has little to do with your place of residence, having tons of money, being of a certain race, religion, etc. None of that matters! What truly matters is how committed you are to make out of your own experience a great one, and how much effort you are willing to put into it to make it happen. If you have what it takes to accomplish what you really want - and I believe we all do whether we embrace it or not, - happiness and overall success will follow you wherever you go in this part of the planet, and in many others for that matter. Life is better when you make it better, and those of us who have the privilege of living in either the US or Canada - or both, - have been blessed with all the necessary material advantages and freedoms to achieve a prosperous life. That's why I love Canada and everything it has to offer, which has never diminished my love and devotion for the US or my home country in South America - I am double immigrant!! :)

Just a friendly thought!

:)

S.

LuckyJinx

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1st 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 27 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 17 2011/ Re-Done Oct. 10 2012
Interview........
Jan. 31 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Work permit issued Jan. 31 2012
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2013.....Finally!!!!!
hello all,
Its been a while since I logged on here but I've been busy with work and all. Anyways, just wanted to update you on my app. Since it got transferred from vegerville to my local cic office (Vancouver) then it got transferred to the backlog reduction office and today got transferred to the admissions office (whatever that means) but just so you know Vancouver cic office has a 2 month delay on processing apps.

Good luck to all!