22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Inlanders friends,
Especially CEC, Theresa_Lynn, GiGi (All June 2010 applicants)

This waiting for second stage is so long while November 2010 people are getting both stage approval. Any idea? I got my A.I.P & O.W.P on 6th April 2011, still waiting for second stage......

My timeline is

We received your application for permanent residence on June 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on August 8, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
luckyjynx, its kind of a big deal. your lawyer wasnt honest with u entirely i dont think coz there r doubts about the genuiness of yo application thats why its been transfered and it can take as long as two yrs too. now on the cic website, click onto publications, then click operational manual and bulletins, then go to inland processing, then go to spouse and common law partner in canada. its a very detailed manual that is used by cic officers to determine eligibility of this class for permanent residency. take yo time to study it carefully yoself, its got charts too and u will see exactly how cic arrives at their decisions and info they require and what not.

Bluesky2010

Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2010
Hey guys,

Now that we can apply for an Open work permit, I can figure out which form to use. The CIC website is a bit confusing. Does anybody know? He doesn't have a work permit right now. we're applying inland (obviously) and just got AIP. Anybody know?

Thanks!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Markanna,if I were u I would go to your mp and ask them to look into it for you. A client of mine told me that she went to her mp before the time was up and asked for there help. The key to getting them to help you is to go in there and be very friendly and try to win them over. Maybe go in there with some Tim hortons coffees or maybe put on some tears and try to get them to help you. They have the contacts right at there fingertips and it will take them 5 min out of there day to send an email. Don't give up either. Go in there with a very friendly attitude and try to win them over. They help people even if there time is not up yet. It is worth a try in my opinion.

Sep 22, 2011
Hi tplink1357

I can't somehow reply to your message or maybe I just don't know how to. Anyway,
No, I haven't heard anything about the landing interview yet. I know it has been a long time already, however, all we can do is to wait. I am just hoping that the letter didn't get lost. Hope we will hear something soon very soon! ;)

themount

Oct 27, 2011
twchu said:
Hey themount,

We have the same dates...Hopefully we will hear from them soon... with AIP of cuz! :)

cheers
[/quINLAND APPLICATION : FAMILY CLASS-COMMONLAW-NOW MARRIED

Application received: 29th November 2010 With Medical, all complete,

Processing: 13th January 2011

Work Visa app. added earlier this year with engagement and wedding details

ote]

Still no change yet, 29th November applicant .....today lets hope, thanks for the encouragement

themount

Oct 27, 2011
Also im reading people are saying congrats on boths parts being approved? so we dont have to wait the additional 9 months like it says on the processing times page? We sent all medicals and back grounds checks from the beginning to then see it would take another 9 months? If we get the 'decision made' how long does the PR card take to come?

Thanks guys great site and congrats to thoses with decision made! Think im staying put sll day until i see the same! it has been over the 11 months now.......

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Inlanders friends,
Especially CEC, Theresa_Lynn, GiGi (All June 2010 applicants)

This waiting for second stage is so long while November 2010 people are getting both stage approval. Any idea? I got my A.I.P & O.W.P on 6th April 2011, still waiting for second stage......

My timeline is

We received your application for permanent residence on June 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on August 8, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.
I called CIC last Friday and I was told they are waiting on the RCMP and CISI background checks.

I told the agent it makes no sense coz we have been hearing the same story since April.

I asked if I can call RCMP and CSIS to know what's going on and the agent said he doesn't know if they will answer me.

I might call to see what's up.

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
themount said:
Also im reading people are saying congrats on boths parts being approved? so we dont have to wait the additional 9 months like it says on the processing times page? We sent all medicals and back grounds checks from the beginning to then see it would take another 9 months? If we get the 'decision made' how long does the PR card take to come?

Thanks guys great site and congrats to thoses with decision made! Think im staying put sll day until i see the same! it has been over the 11 months now.......
Hey themount,

It seems that my application is already approved for 2 stages and in the meantime i am waiting for my letters for confirmation (includin my owp). I know for sure ppl who got 2 stages approved ie LY received notice to land abt 2 weeks after decision was made.. 2nd stage approval differs with each individual and it can get as long as 9 months but not necessarily so... I believe PR card would be mailed to you about 2 months after landing if i am not wrong... The timeline upon 2 stages approved is shown below, correct me if i am wrong...

Me:

Office: Vegreville, AB
App. Received: Nov 29, 2010
Started Processing: Jan 13, 2011
AIP Approval: Oct 27, 2011
Decision Made: Oct 27, 2011
Landing Office: Scarborough (TO), ON
Landing Date: 2 weeks or more (depending on how busy yr local office is, i know mine is Scarborough- supposedly 3 months)
PR Card received: about 2 months after landing date

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
LuckyJinx said:
Anyone knows what this means?

We received your application for permanent residence on December 1, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 17, 2011.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on October 27, 2011. The local CIC office may contact you.

Not good for sure!
Looks like they want to do an extra interview. Maybe it's something on the sponsor's part that went wrong, maybe it's someting on the applicant's part. Hard to predict... Don't worry too much, it'll be a small delay and at least Vegreville didn't approve you immediately.
I don't know where Borrowdale got his information from, but I'm sure it won't take years. Maybe for now a 2 month delay. It happens... Better then starting all over again. ;)

@Borrowdale: why do you immediately start accusing lawyers? Did you see their application? No! Then you can't make such presumptions!

Bluesky2010 said:
Hey guys,

Now that we can apply for an Open work permit, I can figure out which form to use. The CIC website is a bit confusing. Does anybody know? He doesn't have a work permit right now. we're applying inland (obviously) and just got AIP. Anybody know?

Thanks!
I used the form "Application to extend your stay, change conditions as a worker". The main page for the package is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
This is what CIC originally recommended me by phone.

@MarkAnna & Angtao: I wouldn't go straight to the MP. They're not waiting for every immigrant to knock at their door if there's a tiny bump in the road. Some applications just take longer, because of security checks. MarkAnna might want to start with requesting FOSS notes, before resourcing to bigger tools.

@Themount: the 9 months is really a maximum. Some people get second stage on the same day as first stage. Most people have to wait maximum a month or so. Rare cases take longer.

themount

Oct 27, 2011
Great info thanks guys!

Im just trying to figure out if i did my medical inside a year, they may request a new one if it is?

How do you know you are the scarborough office, i guess im the same as we live in york region ontario. Hoping for the OWP though they didnt acknowledge receipt after we sent that later on.

Checking the ecas on the hr every hr....

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
themount said:
Great info thanks guys!

Im just trying to figure out if i did my medical inside a year, they may request a new one if it is?

How do you know you are the scarborough office, i guess im the same as we live in york region ontario. Hoping for the OWP though they didnt acknowledge receipt after we sent that later on.

Checking the ecas on the hr every hr....
Hey,

I am not quite sure about that...They may and they may not...really depends on the IO.
The CIC agent told me initially that my application was transferred to a local office at scarborough and i got really worried. However she did say everything was all good and it has been approved where my OWP was sent last week. My ecas was updated last weekend and i am glad my worries was unfounded when i got decision made! ;)

I am guessing the agent is telling me that the landing would be in scarborough and it would take approx 3 months for that to happen... I am still waiting for my letters and with them i will know for sure whats going on.... I think there are 3 offices in ON which are Scar, Miss and etobicoke if i am not wrong...I live closer to the east side where i am closer to Scar which makes sense altogether... U should try calling CIC now...ecas get updated 2-3 later upon decision made.. Go call them now...probably they have yr good news already..

Good luck!!

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LuckyJinx said:
Yeah, not sure if im going to wait that long or withdraw, but i did contact a lawyer and he said it could be just a general interview of some kind, but ill check with him tom. and take it from there. Thank you for the info. tho. Wasnt sure what it meant.

Anywho, ill keep you guys posted about it...Anyone here that had the same transfer to their local cic?

Dear LuckyJinx,

According to the Departmental Policy (5), subsection 5.36 contained in IP 8, the local CIC office with jurisdiction over your case may need to interview the applicant an or/the sponsor to asses "concerns raised by the CPC, including:

1. The need to confirm identity or relationship.
2. The authenticity of the relationship.
3. Possible misrepresentation, including misrepresentation in obtaining temporary resident status (not that this is NOT waived under the spousal policy)
4. Violation of the legislation or conditions of temporary residency, and
5. Inadmissibility for reasons of serious criminality or security.

The CIC should ask the applicant to bring all necessary documents to the interview. The officer should focus on the questions to reach a decision on a particular concern.

If a relationship of convenience is suspected, the officer should interview the applicant and the sponsor separately"

Based on the aforementioned information, you should, no doubt, get fully prepared for an exhaustive interview conducted by CIC. Also, and technically speaking, your application has not really been deemed as not genuine, as someone suggested before, given that such decision, or any final decision for that matter, can not be reached before every step of the process has taken place, which hasn't happened yet (due process is an unalienable right).

That said, the fact that CPC-V transferred your file to a local office is a clear indicative that there are some facts that need further clarification. The good news is that the interview is a great opportunity for you to prove the validity of your case, and it is only after such event that a decision can be reached by CIC.

As far as withdrawing your inland case to pursue the outland option, well, it may not be necessary or even a good idea at all. You see, how fast a local office can schedule an interview depends on many factors, and there is no telling when that may happen. Some offices are quicker than others and can schedule such interviews within just a few months from the moment the case was transferred, so there is no need to presume that it will inevitably take years. Your lawyer should be able to advice on it.

This a good time for you to order your FOSS notes, contact a lawyer - which you already did, - and to explore older forums where you can find people whose applications were also transferred, and that already finalized their cases. This particular forum, as helpful as it is, may be too young to provide you with guidance on this particular matter.

Best of lucks :)

S.

LuckyJinx

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1st 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 27 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 17 2011/ Re-Done Oct. 10 2012
Interview........
Jan. 31 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Work permit issued Jan. 31 2012
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2013.....Finally!!!!!
Serendipity said:
Dear LuckyJinx,

According to the Departmental Policy (5), subsection 5.36 contained in IP 8, the local CIC office with jurisdiction over your case may need to interview the applicant an or/the sponsor to asses "concerns raised by the CPC, including:

1. The need to confirm identity or relationship.
2. The authenticity of the relationship.
3. Possible misrepresentation, including misrepresentation in obtaining temporary resident status (not that this is NOT waived under the spousal policy)
4. Violation of the legislation or conditions of temporary residency, and
5. Inadmissibility for reasons of serious criminality or security.

The CIC should ask the applicant to bring all necessary documents to the interview. The officer should focus on the questions to reach a decision on a particular concern.

If a relationship of convenience is suspected, the officer should interview the applicant and the sponsor separately"

Based on the aforementioned information, you should, no doubt, get fully prepared for an exhaustive interview conducted by CIC. Also, and technically speaking, your application has not really been deemed as not genuine, as someone suggested before, given that such decision, or any final decision for that matter, can not be reached before every step of the process has taken place, which hasn't happened yet (due process is an unalienable right).

That said, the fact that CPC-V transferred your file to a local office is a clear indicative that there are some facts that need further clarification. The good news is that the interview is a great opportunity for you to prove the validity of your case, and it is only after such event that a decision can be reached by CIC.

As far as withdrawing your inland case to pursue the outland option, well, it may not be necessary or even a good idea at all. You see, how fast a local office can schedule an interview depends on many factors, and there is no telling when that may happen. Some offices are quicker than others and can schedule such interviews within just a few months from the moment the case was transferred, so there is no need to presume that it will inevitably take years. Your lawyer should be able to advice on it.

This a good time for you to order your FOSS notes, contact a lawyer - which you already did, - and to explore older forums where you can find people whose applications were also transferred, and that already finalized their cases. This particular forum, as helpful as it is, may be too young to provide you with guidance on this particular matter.

Best of lucks :)

S.
Hi S,

Thank you so much for the info., and i also would like to thank everyone that tried to answer a few questions about my case. Thank you!

S. do you by any chance know how do i request the FOSS and how long does it take for me to get it?