mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys I have a huge question for you... As most of you know I was lucky enough to get AIP a few weeks ago and after celebrating and everything, we want to send the work permit app, which I guess will take 50 to 60 days right? so Actually two questions, we are planning on applying for the OWP online, which in theory may be faster than actually mailing the app, but you never know with cic... what do you guys think is faster? online or regular mail?

And the second question is, about the fee... so for the OWP there is a 150 cad fee right? but it says there that if we have being out of status for the past 90 days we have to pay additional 200 cad... soooooo... when we sent the app we were pretty ignorant about the whole process and we never extended my stay as an american citizen, so I enter canada in sep 2010 and since march 2011 I would be out of status right? but now that I have the AIP... would I still have to par the 200 for being out of status or I am now considered in implied status...????

Thanks in advance folks... and enjoy your Halloween :D !!!!!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
@Mexicanito: You should restore your status, before sending any other applications, or you might risk losing everything. AiP is no status, it merely says that the sponsor is approved and you meet basic requirements to continue to request PR.

After that, you can't really use the online procedure, as far as I know. That's for regular work permits, not the OWP that comes with AiP. On-line, your application will be processed by the work permit department and you'll be requesting a work permit like any regular temporary worker. Since you're filing for PR, you get the benefit of not having to meet certain requirements that do count for regular people that demand a work permit. That's why you need to send a hard copy to the PR department and not go directly through the temporary workers' department.

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jurjen said:
@ Mexicanito: You should restore your status, before sending any other applications, or you might risk losing everything. AiP is no status, it merely says that the sponsor is approved and you meet basic requirements to continue to request PR.

After that, you can't really use the online procedure, as far as I know. That's for regular work permits, not the OWP that comes with AiP. On-line, your application will be processed by the work permit department and you'll be requesting a work permit like any regular temporary worker. Since you're filing for PR, you get the benefit of not having to meet certain requirements that do count for regular people that demand a work permit. That's why you need to send a hard copy to the PR department and not go directly through the temporary workers' department.
Oh that sounds scary... :-X I hope is not too bad... can I still apply for an OWP??? I do not think I can extend my stay since they give you only 90 days to do so... hehehe I may have to sneak through the border, go eat some mexican food in the states and come back... I do not think I can get out of the country and re enter to extend my stay huh? Oh God... why is so complicated???? hehehe

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
abisehiyo said:
Hi Babyhangon, the last chart update can be seen at page 501. I know how your wife feels.I am also nervous and so anxious. Trying hard to eat especially because im expecting for our first angel. I hope all of us would have a happy ending after all this very very long wait. Im so looking forwrd to have a normal life again and get a provincial healthcard for my delivery early next year.
Thanks a lot, abisehiyo. and congratulations to you for having a baby soon. we're planning to have a baby too after all these hassles done. looks like the news for us are just around the corner. I pray for all of us to have good news soon.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LuckyJinx said:
Hi S,

Thank you so much for the info., and i also would like to thank everyone that tried to answer a few questions about my case. Thank you!

S. do you by any chance know how do i request the FOSS and how long does it take for me to get it?

Hi again,

FOSS (Field Operations Support System) notes. From the following link http:// immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

"How to order your immigration file notes

There are two ways to obtain FOSS or CAIPS GCMS notes.

1. If you are physically in Canada, you can obtain them for free under the Privacy Act.
2. If you are overseas, someone else (a Citizen, Permanent Resident, or someone physically present in Canada) will have to obtain them for you under the Access to Information Act. This can be a relative, friend or sponsor, or a commercial service. For this there is a $5 fee (more if you use a commercial service), and you will have to provide consent. Forms for this are available on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

Payment can be made by credit card. (2011)
Forms may be emailed to atip-aiprp@cic.gc.ca (2011)

Forms

* Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form. (IMM 5563) The form has been updated 04/2011 to include references to GCMS. www. cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp

Completing the Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form

* Choose "Receive copies of the records"
* For applications being processed overseas, choose "CAIPS (information abroad)".
* For applications being processed in Canada, choose "FOSS (information in Canada)". (Normally, it is not recommended to order "IN CANADA FILE (FOSS included)" since this requires that the paper file is taken out of storage and may affect processing times. The FOSS notes alone are usually sufficient.)
* The "Requester's reference no." can be left blank - that is used by representatives who are ordering FOSS notes for clients, who may have their own reference number for the file in question.

Where to send the request

For the address or fax number to send your request to, see Addresses for Personal Information Requests on the CIC website (mailing addresses only) or alternatively InfoSource (mailing addresses and fax numbers).

Requests for FOSS notes for in Canada applications can be sent either to CPC Vegreville, or to the nearest local CIC office, since FOSS is computerised and all CIC offices have access to the system.

See above for e-mail address if you choose to use that method.

More information

For more information about access to information and privacy, you can contact the Client Service Unit at 613-946-0953 or 1-800-667-6703 or visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Web site at www. cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp"

It may take anything between 4 to 8 weeks for you to receive them. Once again, ONLY SELECT "FOSS (information in Canada)".

S. :)

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Babyhangon said:
Thanks a lot, abisehiyo. and congratulations to you for having a baby soon. we're planning to have a baby too after all these hassles done. looks like the news for us are just around the corner. I pray for all of us to have good news soon.

Thanks Babyhangon. I did not hear any updates on my application,ecas is the same. I might call tomorrow or just wait until the end of the week.Just soooo nervous! Goodluck again december applicants!!

Happy Halloween guys!

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
abisehiyo said:
Thanks Babyhangon. I did not hear any updates on my application,ecas is the same. I might call tomorrow or just wait until the end of the week.Just soooo nervous! Goodluck again december applicants!!

Happy Halloween guys!
your signature graph is cute. both my wife and i like cycling and are huge fans of mother nature. the long wait of inland apps has been killing us. but we didn't want to have a single day apart so she chose to stay in Canada with me. by that she sacrificed reunion with her parents.

happy Halloween. let's keep smiling and an open heart for fun.

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Babyhangon said:
your signature graph is cute. both my wife and i like cycling and are huge fans of mother nature. the long wait of inland apps has been killing us. but we didn't want to have a single day apart so she chose to stay in Canada with me. by that she sacrificed reunion with her parents.

happy Halloween. let's keep smiling and an open heart for fun.
Thank you, lets keep our spirits high!! Positive thoughts :)

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
abisehiyo said:
Hi Babyhangon, the last chart update can be seen at page 501. I know how your wife feels.I am also nervous and so anxious. Trying hard to eat especially because im expecting for our first angel. I hope all of us would have a happy ending after all this very very long wait. Im so looking forwrd to have a normal life again and get a provincial healthcard for my delivery early next year.
Hey Abisehiyo,

How is your experience for having a baby while inland in process? How much you have paid so far for doctors?

Do you know that OHIP will take addition 3 months to arrive after AIP approval? I hope your pregnancy is within that time range.

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
missha said:
Hey Abisehiyo,

How is your experience for having a baby while inland in process? How much you have paid so far for doctors?

Do you know that OHIP will take addition 3 months to arrive after AIP approval? I hope your pregnancy is within that time range.
Hi missha, being pregnant kept me busy since I am not able to work, it made the waiting process quicker since I am focused with the belly.
We are in Alberta and had provincial healthcard coverage which just expired, so so far we didn't pay for anything yet. We just need to provide a new permit/visa to CAA/AMA (they renew healthcards there if you are a member) which we are just waiting. But we are still hoping to have good good feedback from our application so we don't have to pay like 10k for my delivery.

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
I phoned CIC today....secretly hoping for good news even If I am realistic......however I found out the RCMP clearance was requested early september....somebody knows how long it takes for CIC to received the confirmation from RCMP ?? I am secretly hoping we'll get AIP and DM at the same time....thanks !

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
Jurjen said:
Looks like they want to do an extra interview. Maybe it's something on the sponsor's part that went wrong, maybe it's someting on the applicant's part. Hard to predict... Don't worry too much, it'll be a small delay and at least Vegreville didn't approve you immediately.
I don't know where Borrowdale got his information from, but I'm sure it won't take years. Maybe for now a 2 month delay. It happens... Better then starting all over again. ;)

@ Borrowdale: why do you immediately start accusing lawyers? Did you see their application? No! Then you can't make such presumptions!

I used the form "Application to extend your stay, change conditions as a worker". The main page for the package is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
This is what CIC originally recommended me by phone.

@ MarkAnna & Angtao: I wouldn't go straight to the MP. They're not waiting for every immigrant to knock at their door if there's a tiny bump in the road. Some applications just take longer, because of security checks. MarkAnna might want to start with requesting FOSS notes, before resourcing to bigger tools.

@ Themount: the 9 months is really a maximum. Some people get second stage on the same day as first stage. Most people have to wait maximum a month or so. Rare cases take longer.

@ jurjen, use yo brains, then grab yo shut eye lids open, read what that ecass update is saying and read what the lawyer said!! does that make sense to anyone that knows how this application works? all that lawyer cares about is making money, thats it, weather if that person gets denied or not, they r laughing all the way to the bank. its their responsibility at the end of the day to provide proper and accurate info, their application cannot have errors and its not like c.i.c will forgive them if that lawyer messed up that application, cic wil do what they r supposed to do, and this case, its not good coz they r gonna wait for even two yrs! local cic have backlogs, each office prioritices these applications differently, and the backlogs r there. pple that actually land wait about 45 days to get their landing papers, but these applications in doubt r transfered to local cic offices and not only do u wait 2 yrs or even more, u need to vigorously prove yo relationship is genuine, so evidence other than that provided in the beginning should be provided otherwise chances of getting denied r really high. for example in toronto, its taking a good 2-3 yrs. its not like u r gona wait a few months. ask anybody on this forum infact. now that lawyer is saying "jus a small interview" ya right. there r serious doubts here, they could get refused all together after waiting for two yrs when they finally get "that small interview" use yo brains, dont follow blindly, even proffessionals make mistakes and u could have the answer they dont at that very moment.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
borrowdale said:
@ jurjen, use yo brains, then grab yo shut eye lids open, read what that ecass update is saying and read what the lawyer said!! does that make sense to anyone that knows how this application works? all that lawyer cares about is making money, thats it, weather if that person gets denied or not, they r laughing all the way to the bank. its their responsibility at the end of the day to provide proper and accurate info, their application cannot have errors and its not like c.i.c will forgive them if that lawyer messed up that application, cic wil do what they r supposed to do, and this case, its not good coz they r gonna wait for even two yrs! local cic have backlogs, each office prioritices these applications differently, and the backlogs r there. pple that actually land wait about 45 days to get their landing papers, but these applications in doubt r transfered to local cic offices and not only do u wait 2 yrs or even more, u need to vigorously prove yo relationship is genuine, so evidence other than that provided in the beginning should be provided otherwise chances of getting denied r really high. for example in toronto, its taking a good 2-3 yrs. its not like u r gona wait a few months. ask anybody on this forum infact. now that lawyer is saying "jus a small interview" ya right. there r serious doubts here, they could get refused all together after waiting for two yrs when they finally get "that small interview" use yo brains, dont follow blindly, even proffessionals make mistakes and u could have the answer they dont at that very moment.
I agree. Took us two years to get the interview and we were requested a lot of extra information before and after the interview.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
sa_ja said:
I phoned CIC today....secretly hoping for good news even If I am realistic......however I found out the RCMP clearance was requested early september....somebody knows how long it takes for CIC to received the confirmation from RCMP ?? I am secretly hoping we'll get AIP and DM at the same time....thanks !
Why one needs RCMP?