mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So we just received two letters today and this is what we are now able to see on ECAS.....
Sponsorship Application Status: We received your application to sponsor --------------------- on November 18, 2010.

We started processing your application on October 14, 2011.

We sent you a letter on October 14, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

And........
Permanent Residence Application Status: We received ------------------------s application for permanent residence on November 18, 2010.

We started processing ---------------------'s application on December 31, 2010.

A decision has been made and -------------------- will be contacted.

Does this mean that it is just AIP or does that mean that we got both stages?

OMAR10

Sep 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2010
We received your application for permanent residence on November 18, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 5, 2011.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on October 17, 2011. The local CIC office may contact you.

...................SO i should wait for the letter plus prepare for the interview ???

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
@Omar10: I've never seen that before in any eCas status. If I need to guess, you'll get an extra interview at your nearest local office. Just await the letter for extra details.

mexicanito said:
So we just received two letters today and this is what we are now able to see on ECAS.....

[eCas]

Congrats! Those are both stages approved! :D

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
which country passport ure holding?

OMAR10 said:

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on October 17, 2011. The local CIC office may contact you.

...................SO i should wait for the letter plus prepare for the interview ???

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
Jurjen - I assume that immigration meant that you absolutely need your PR card in order to travel if you are using commercial means such as plane, bus or boat.

It appears from the CIC website that if you are travelling by personal vehicle (example, from the USA to Canada), you can enter with your record of landing papers, passport etc even if you have not yet received your permanent residence card. They would prefer the card, but my understanding is that by personal car, they will allow a Canadian PR back in as long as they have the supporting documents.

Charla

Applying for a travel document (permanent resident abroad) (IMM 5529)

Overview

This application is for permanent residents who are outside Canada and who do not have a valid permanent resident card to return to Canada. Travel documents are issued to permanent residents abroad to provide proof to a transportation company that the holder is entitled to re-enter Canada as a permanent resident.

Note to holders of a:

Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292)
Returning Resident Permit
These documents are not valid for travel back to Canada. You require a permanent resident card or a travel document to re-enter Canada by train, plane, boat or bus.

Who should not apply for a travel document?

Canadian citizens or registered Indians under the Indian Act
Permanent residents with a valid permanent resident card
Permanent residents in Canada

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
It doesn't say anything about cars, but since bus is mentioned, I would assume car is the same thing: you will need either the PR card or the special visa.

moony

Oct 10, 2011
mexicanito said:
Sponsorship Application Status: We received your application to sponsor --------------------- on November 18, 2010.

We started processing your application on October 14, 2011.

We sent you a letter on October 14, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

And........
Permanent Residence Application Status: We received ------------------------s application for permanent residence on November 18, 2010.

We started processing ---------------------'s application on December 31, 2010.

A decision has been made and -------------------- will be contacted.

I have been in the same situation. And for me it was just AIP. Because from April 2011 I'm still waiting for some news...

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
It doesn't say anything about cars, but since bus is mentioned, I would assume car is the same thing: you will need either the PR card or the special visa.

I believe the difference is between commercial vs personal mode of travel.

A bus is commercial, as is a plane, boat or train whereas a vehicle, as long as it is your personal vehicle, is not linked to commercial requirements. I would assume that his is because security for a personal vehicle has been met via additional documentation in the forms of insurance, drivers license, purchase of sale, title etc...whereas in a commercial situation, the security would rest on the company. Not sure but that is my guess.

I'm still checking today, but so far my information is pretty clear that when driving back from the USA, although a card is preferable, the record of landing and supporting documents will suffice. That makes sense considering many people are moving goods back etc as soon as they can after landing and given the length of time it could take for some PR cards to arrive.

Will let you know more as I find out -

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMAR10 said:

Hi there,

Given that, and according to your e-CAS, there is nothing stating that a decision has been made, this new update basically means that your First Stage of Approval is still in process, and that the upcoming interview at your local CIC office will help them make a decision on your AIP.

Also, this clearly shows that the IO that looked at your file considered that your case needs a further and more detailed review, something that you should take into account when preparing for the interview. This would be, no doubt, a good moment to request your FOSS notes ( and only the FOSS notes) so you can see what motivated the transfer. Unfortunately, this will also add more processing time to your First Stage of Approval, and overall case, something that varies from office to office.

Good luck

S

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMAR10 said:

OMAR10,

Well its seems your file have been transferred to the local offices which means the IO was not really satified about your application therefore the IO want the local office review your case before the AIP so just wait for the local office letter and prepare for the interview....hopefully you will make it. you can also order your foss note to know whats exactly is the issue with your application....good luck to you

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Charlamag said:
I believe the difference is between commercial vs personal mode of travel.

A bus is commercial, as is a plane, boat or train whereas a vehicle, as long as it is your personal vehicle, is not linked to commercial requirements. I would assume that his is because security for a personal vehicle has been met via additional documentation in the forms of insurance, drivers license, purchase of sale, title etc...whereas in a commercial situation, the security would rest on the company. Not sure but that is my guess.

I'm still checking today, but so far my information is pretty clear that when driving back from the USA, although a card is preferable, the record of landing and supporting documents will suffice. That makes sense considering many people are moving goods back etc as soon as they can after landing and given the length of time it could take for some PR cards to arrive.

Will let you know more as I find out -
Just answer me this: why would Immigration would make a difference for entry based on your means of transport?

OMAR10

Sep 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2010
Thank You !!! very much for the input guys

Serendipity
Tozo
Jurjen.

mucho gracias = shukria

I better order FOSS notes now...

@Misha ...Pakistan

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
CIC says it is not mandatory but preferred to have your PR card when travelling across the US/Canada border into Canada, however, you must have your record landing, passport and any other documents that might support your residency. It is mandatory to have a PR card if you are arriving in Canada by train, plane, bus or boat aka commercial.

On the Greyhound bus data for example, it reinforces the fact that you must carry a PR card - again it is classified 'commercial' and not personal.

The permanent resident card (PR card) is mandatory for permanent residents wishing to re-enter Canada aboard any commercial carrier (airplane, boat, train or bus). A permanent resident is someone who has been allowed to enter Canada as an immigrant but who has not become a Canadian citizen.

The PR card replaces the paper IMM 1000 Record of Landing document and is the official proof-of-status document for permanent residents. The fraud-resistant card provides cardholders with secure, convenient proof of their permanent resident status when re-entering Canada. Because it is highly resistant to tampering and illegal duplication, and offers transportation officials a more effective means of identifying people with permanent resident status in Canada, the PR card will help combat illegal entry into Canada.

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
I would not travel by air etc without a PR card but on a Canadian visa site, as well as some other sites providing information for new arrivals, the information seems to be consistent - by personal car (stress personal, owned vehicle) okay but by commercial (all other transport) must have a card.

Spouse is landing next week!

Can I use my Record of Landing or my Confirmation of Permanent Residence to enter Canada in my own car? (InMyLanguage)

Yes, you can use a Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) to show you are a permanent resident of Canada and to re-enter Canada in your own car. If you use either of these documents, you may be asked by Canada customs to also show your passport.
While a PR Card is needed to re-enter Canada by airplane, boat, train or bus, the CIC and the CBSA recommend that you also use your PR Card to enter Canada in your own car.