File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
jesse_love said:
Hello everybody,
That has been a really long time since my last visit. My PR application has been frozen for 12 months. so depressed, so sad!!!
Today I just checked ECAS and I saw:
We have received requested information on ...... Thank you for your information
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

I called CIC and the agent said "no, you have not had a decision, your app is still in process". And he said "according to your file, your medical exam has expired, and the pending document now is a medical exam"

That is confusing! What you guys think?
Hi Jessie

Sorry to hear about that, I'm curious that have you got your AIP yet?
Because I didn't see it from your timeline.
If you haven't got AIP then I would guess the decision made is about your AIP.

jesse_love

Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI AmandaHsu,
No, I have not had AIP yet. I hope it is AIP because my application has been frozen for too long, almost two years already.

Aurora9151

Feb 15, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
08-Sept-2012
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
12-June-2013
POLICAP said:
Please how long does it take to receive FOSS by email? If additional document is requested, how long does it take CIC to update this in their system.

Thanks
I ordered it from Ottawa by mail and got it after about 1 and half month.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
jesse_love said:
HI AmandaHsu,
No, I have not had AIP yet. I hope it is AIP because my application has been frozen for too long, almost two years already.
Oh yes, I just read your previous posts, I believe you've been having hard time.
Have you order FOSS? Although sometimes you might not get whole info but at least it shows a little what the VO is doing with your app.
Such as, background check..and also you can see if your medical is expired or not, I mean, sometimes the VO might extend your medical expired date.

Moreover, I'd like to suggest you to see MP or a lawyer since your first stage has been taking "too long". I don't know anything about your background, so I can't really give you any opinion here. Hope you get your AIP soon; then at least you can get a job or go schooling.

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Just want to drop off a few questions here and see if someone can help me out.
I noticed a lot of you are already AIP, on second stage, landed already, or even with the PR status.

Did most or all of you submit the application together with the police clearance from both your home country and from Canada? Or did you submit those afterwards when they requested after you get AIP? Or would they even request those police clearance prior to giving you AIP status?

For the medical examination, did you guys perform one before submiting the application or after you submit the application?
My wife is currently pregnant, so she cannot perform any xrays for the medical exam. Could we do the medical later after our baby is born (expected in May)? Has there been cases where someone got AIP before even doing a medical exam? Or medical exam is a must before the first stage approval? Will they ask me for the medical during second stage?

Now, I know the medical has a 1-year validity, and you might have to re-do if they request it. How about the police clearance from Canada and your home country (in our case, it is China)? Will those police clearance letter valid for only 1 year? I am just afraid if it takes them too long, those will get expired before they even go over the police clearance.

Thank to all of you for looking into my questions and giving me your experienced answers. :)

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
walter8299 said:
Just want to drop off a few questions here and see if someone can help me out.
I noticed a lot of you are already AIP, on second stage, landed already, or even with the PR status.

Did most or all of you submit the application together with the police clearance from both your home country and from Canada? Or did you submit those afterwards when they requested after you get AIP? Or would they even request those police clearance prior to giving you AIP status?

For the medical examination, did you guys perform one before submiting the application or after you submit the application?
My wife is currently pregnant, so she cannot perform any xrays for the medical exam. Could we do the medical later after our baby is born (expected in May)? Has there been cases where someone got AIP before even doing a medical exam? Or medical exam is a must before the first stage approval? Will they ask me for the medical during second stage?

Now, I know the medical has a 1-year validity, and you might have to re-do if they request it. How about the police clearance from Canada and your home country (in our case, it is China)? Will those police clearance letter valid for only 1 year? I am just afraid if it takes them too long, those will get expired before they even go over the police clearance.

Thank to all of you for looking into my questions and giving me your experienced answers. :)
Hi

I provided the medical exam and criminal records with my app together at the very beginning. I only provided the criminal records from my hometown and NZ where I had stayed more than 6 months but Canada's since the instruction does mention that "the applicant doesn't have to get criminal record from Canada unless CIC asks you to do it. I got my FOSS around Jan 2012 which shows CIC has asked my criminal record from RCMP by themselves and it's passed. So, I don't think you have to get it from RCMP by yourself. Also, I don't think it will be a problem for getting AIP since I've been reading so many posts regarding to sending criminal records in after AIP.

For your wife, as I know, some people are pregnant during or before the processing and what they did was going to do the medical exam after giving the birth and it will not affect AIP. CIC will request your medical exam/criminal record or anything they want by sending you a letter (it might just on your AIP letter if you're approved) if you didn't send it in before.

I got my criminal records almost 3 months before I sent my app and thanks God that CIC didn't say anything about it. (On the instruction, mentions "the issued date on your criminal record should not be longer than 3 months when you send it, that's why I was nervous.) Until now, CIC didn't ask me to "renew" it and I haven't heard anyone talking about "renew criminal record"; I'm wondering if it's because we're inland applicants so there is no need to renew the record outside Canada.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hello 2010 peeps.

Has anyone received a landing letter yet from the Scarborough office since DM and how long did it take to get the landing letter?

Kissez

Feb 27, 2012
angtao said:
Hello 2010 peeps.

Has anyone received a landing letter yet from the Scarborough office since DM and how long did it take to get the landing letter?
nol haven't received one as yet when did you get your dm letter

zahava

Mar 7, 2012
Application sent Aug 8, 2010 still waiting for an interview. Not allowed to work or study. It is frustrating. All this time is wasted. I could have been going to school or earning a living. I feel the system is not fair. Many times I ask myself is it worth it to stay… I was told by my mp. The interview might be any time before Nov,2012. Just wait is his answer.

jesse_love

Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zahava said:
Application sent Aug 8, 2010 still waiting for an interview. Not allowed to work or study. It is frustrating. All this time is wasted. I could have been going to school or earning a living. I feel the system is not fair. Many times I ask myself is it worth it to stay... I was told by my mp. The interview might be any time before Nov,2012. Just wait is his answer.
I understand exactly how you feel now, but believe me, don't just sit tight and wait; Try to go out, get involve to the community, meet people, volunteer, etc. You will feel better.
I have been waiting for two years. I know it is hard, but keep up your hope. Things will work out soon! Cheer!!

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Jesse_love, I've noticed that you too have gotten AIP and had to re-do your medicals. I'm in the same boat.

jesse_love

Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CrazyLucy said:
Jesse_love, I've noticed that you too have gotten AIP and had to re-do your medicals. I'm in the same boat.

OH! That's good to have somebody to share the sympathy in this hard time. Thank you!
Actually, I did not receive the letter of AIP yet, so I am not sure the "decision made" on ECAS is about it or not. Hopefully it is.

I have a few questions here, CrazyLucy and all members. Do I need a job offer to apply for OWP?

Another question is about the police certificate from home country. I sent it at the same time as medical which is March, 2011. They say my medical has expired and I need to re-do. I worry about the police certificate. How long does a police certificate stay valid? If the CIC may ask for it later, it may add me another year! I really do not want it.

Kissez

Feb 27, 2012
Maybe am wrong but reading these forms I realize that some people are just lucky some people sent their application after me and already had their landing interview and waiting for their prc, while I have gotten further than others I think some people are just lucky, instead of hurting my head over immigration I have accepted that am not a lucky one sighhhhhhh :'(

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
jesse_love said:

OH! That's good to have somebody to share the sympathy in this hard time. Thank you!
Actually, I did not receive the letter of AIP yet, so I am not sure the "decision made" on ECAS is about it or not. Hopefully it is.

I have a few questions here, CrazyLucy and all members. Do I need a job offer to apply for OWP?

Another question is about the police certificate from home country. I sent it at the same time as medical which is March, 2011. They say my medical has expired and I need to re-do. I worry about the police certificate. How long does a police certificate stay valid? If the CIC may ask for it later, it may add me another year! I really do not want it.
Once you have AIP, you can apply for an Open Work Permit, no job offer needed. Your letter will tell you further details on how to apply. You can do it on-line now and it only apparently takes two weeks!

I am not 100% sure on expired police certificates, but I would say that as long as you haven't been back to live in that country (which you can't inland anyway), then it would be silly of CIC to make you get another one. Of course I'm not 100% sure, but I do only hear stories of having to re-do expired medicals - someone correct me if I'm wrong!