18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
cdarroch said:
Well, we've received two letters: I've been approved as sponsor, and she's been granted AIP! They asked for a new police certificate, and we sent an OWP app - I guess now we just have to wait... *knock on wood*

for the chart: AIP granted November 8, 2010
Congratulations Cdarroch!!! The chat should be looking good by now! :)

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Jurjen said:
Totally different subject: Yulye wrote that it's possible to use my old Client-ID to log in. Unfortunately the system says it doesn't recognize my ID. Could that be, because my PR file hasn't been made yet (the e-Cas is not for regular work permits)? I just can't help thinking something went wrong in the mail. I never had the idea to send it with confirmation of reception (it was sent regular mail)... :(
I used my Client ID as they use the same one wether it be for work permit or PR. What date did you send it in? Allow a week for it to get there and then 2-3 months for them to start processing your application. If it has been longer than that or is about 2 months then I would call and speak to someone. :)

tifanjo

Nov 21, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2010
Med's Done....
16-11-2010
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this has already been covered here but there's just too much stuff to read through ....

I'm getting my application together to send either Monday or Tuesday, and I want to apply for an open work permit at the same time. Is this form IMM1249E ???

And I can send it at the same time as my PR application, just in the same package? Any info on this from someone who's done it, like how long it takes to get the work permit, how long it is valid for, etc.? Thank you!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hello tifanjo and welcome to the thread! :) Hopefully we can help you some.

Well here is the link to the forms you need to complete and yes it is the IMM 1249 form.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp
You will mark C for "initial work permit". Be sure to include the document checklist, receipt for fees, sign it, date it and include all the the documents it ask for on the checklist. If you don't have a representative then you do not need to include that form and also if you are not in a common law relationship, you do not need to include the statutory declaration form. However as stated be sure to include the document checklist and documents on the checklist with it.

You can write on top of the forms "Do Not Process Until Approval In Principle". It will keep your status valid until a decision is made on AIP. Since AIP is currently taking about 9 months to get after they receive your application, this is how long it will take to receive the work permit. You will not receive it before then or until they approve you for AIP which like I said is 9 months from the day they receive your application. Also, get tracking on your application with a courier service because they will not mail you anything letting you know they received your application. You will not be able to know whether they received your app until they begin processing it which usually isn't until 2 and half months to 3 months after they receive your application.

And yes, include the OWP with the PR application in the same envelope. Be sure to mail and make sure it is received before your current status expires. If you do so, your status will remain valid for the duration of the time and you will not have to continue extending your stay. When they approve you for AIP (meaning they deemed your relationship genuine and your sponsor is an eligible sponsor) after 9 months you will receive a couple of letters and with the letter will be your OWP. The OWP from what I hear are normally valid for 1 year. This will give you plenty of valid status until they finalize your PR app which can be upto another 9 months after receiving AIP and OWP. They will contact you when it is finished.

Please let us know if anything is confusing or if you have anymore questions. We will do our best to help you. Also good luck on your application!

tifanjo

Nov 21, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2010
Med's Done....
16-11-2010
"Hero member", indeed! Thank you Love_Young, that is all really detailed and specific info - very helpful!

It is a common law partner sponsorship, so we will have to include a statutory declaration as well. I was thinking I'd do one for the PR app in any case, even though it's not required, particularly because we haven't had a commitment ceremony.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Aww way too kind. I wouldn't call myself a hero by no means but glad you think so. Just trying to help people the best I can within my abilities.

Well having the statutory declaration is a good thing to have on hand anyway. We used it last year to apply as common law to CRA. Worked well and then we used it to help get me an extension. Seemed to work well then as well. If nothing else, you could frame one and keep up as almost a certificate since you aren't married. Just a thought.

Please make yourself at home at this forum and this thread. Nice to meet new members. Anytime you want to talk, we are open or at least I am. Good luck again. :)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
kiwikris said:
I used my Client ID as they use the same one wether it be for work permit or PR. What date did you send it in? Allow a week for it to get there and then 2-3 months for them to start processing your application. If it has been longer than that or is about 2 months then I would call and speak to someone. :)
That's the thing. The might have received it last week September/first week October, so it's possible the envelope is still unopened. I'll keep trying and hoping!

kiwikris said:
I checked online and there are offices in Qeubec but I think that is only when the process in Alberta is done, so it would have to be an office in a province other than QC. These are the offices in QC though
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach/adresses-quebec.html#integration
Immigration Québec has nothing to do with CIC, so that will not work... :(

New thing (again ;-)): I read some stories here that under Implied the SIN/NAS would only be good for 8 weeks. Just got of the phone with Services Canada and it should be good for the whole implied status. Only with the new work permit you can get a new one/extend the temporary one. Can I now assume she spoke the truth?

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Well today i stepped out of the house abit like for 15 mins and when i came back i found a notice on my door that i have a parcel. doesnt say from where but its got my maiden name on it and the only people who would send me a parcel with my maiden name is a gvt office. Im thinking.. could it be my FOSS notes?? Ive sat here and thought and thought and raked my brain and thats the only people i could think of that could send me something under my maiden name as nobody even knows it!. all my credit cards are under my marriage name and only my passport, police certs etc would be under my maiden name..
For anyone who has received FOSS notes did the send it by xpresspost?... any thoughts??

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Jurjen said:
New thing (again ;-)): I read some stories here that under Implied the SIN/NAS would only be good for 8 weeks. Just got of the phone with Services Canada and it should be good for the whole implied status. Only with the new work permit you can get a new one/extend the temporary one. Can I now assume she spoke the truth?
I can verify that when you get your OWP and you were already on a work permit (implied status if permit expired) then they just re-new your same number (starts with a 9) and there is no charge. I was literally there for 5-10 min. I went up to the counter and the guy helped me then and there, just had one form where I had to fill in my address and parents names and they give tyou a receipt and mail you out a new card adn you are good to go. Your SIN is valid the whole time you are on implied status as you can keep working so hence SIN is still valid. When you get PR though you have to change your SIN number though :)

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
BB-I have not had FOSS notes but it sure sounds like it may be them! :)

IncognitO10

Nov 22, 2010
Hey I am kinda new here, I have a question. I am sponsoring my wife. She applied for PR here in Canada so i guess its considered as an inbound application.Lots of people are telling me that she has to leave the country as soon as we get sponsorship approval is that true. She always been under legal status here in Canada ( been extending visitor visa) so whats the deal?

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
kiwikris said:
BB-I have not had FOSS notes but it sure sounds like it may be them! :)
FOSS notes doesn't come through XPRESSPOST.... Government sent stuff through regular mail.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
IncognitO10 said:
Hey I am kinda new here, I have a question. I am sponsoring my wife. She applied for PR here in Canada so i guess its considered as an inbound application.Lots of people are telling me that she has to leave the country as soon as we get sponsorship approval is that true. She always been under legal status here in Canada ( been extending visitor visa) so whats the deal?
I think you are getting incorrect info. It is definitely the opposite. It is advised that you NOT leave the country while an inland application is in progress. As you are already doing, just try to make sure she maintains her legal status.

Nine3001

Mar 25, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
copy and pasted from the INLANDERS thread...

I'm SO stoaked!! My husband finally got AIP and they sent his OWP on the November 19th!!!!!

We sent out application February 25th, which was received by Vergeville on March 1st, and started to be in progress May 18th... ECAS hasn't been updated since Oct 20th when we sent in requested additional information so my husband just thought to call today to see if they had any information... and he got this awesome news!! I'm so relieved that we finally reached this point.

I thought I'd let you all know so you guys can judge the processing times a bit more accurately than what it says on the website.

Good luck everyone!

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....