App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Ok it is teec on the other inlanders chat that is 95 pages long that has the PR landing letter/interview :)

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ditta said:
I know Mimi, I`m not taking it for granted...definitely there is a big difference between 2008 and now, well if I have to wait the AIP and then apply for the OWP then I will wait patiently...anyway I have a 5 month old son, I work at night, so good thing in bad I can sleep more than 4-5 hours. ;)
um sorry the baby is very young , did you try calling them ask why is it taking so long for the LMO?and um reading my foss notes they came in today from vegreville

R

robrod

Thank you guys and gals for your congratulations on my landing, it is nice to read them!.
No celebration party as my wife goes back to work tomorrow and we were kinda tired in the evening after all the dust was settled... We got up early today (myself at 6 am), I couldn't sleep long last nite myself because of the anticipation. Our celebration was having a wonderful lunch at the Boulevard Cafe here in Toronto which is a peruvian restaurant. Then we went to the Ontario Art Gallery for a members-only exhibit about the Maharajas... we did like it very much.
And then back at home I had to take a nap which felt real good and now can finally wrap it up for this amazing day...

It feels real nice, BB. It's a feeling of having conquered and accomplished something important in your life. We elected to live in this country where my wife was born and have and raise our family here as well. So, being given the opportunity to do so just fulfills your expectations. It happened so fast once we arrived there. They started right on time at 8:15 am and I was the last one in line to pay the landing fee. So that was the biggest wait of the whole landing experience. The lady who took care of my paperwork saw us with our baby and made us come to the front so that we could be in our way as it's difficult having a 1 year old baby with you at this kind of event. She was very polite and professional with a nice personality. Then after signing the COPR document, came the best part as reps from the Social Insurance Office were there to exchange our SIN cards for a permanent number. Since I applied for an OWP, I was given a number that starts with a 9 (which means it's a temporary number) and when you become a PR it must be exchanged for a permanent number that does not start with a 9.
After that, when we left, the feeling started sinking in slowly and even more delightfully...

You will love your landing appointments too, trust me on that!.
Any questions you may have, my postings are here or you can ask me...
Rob.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Rob, have a great night as PR! :)

Mimi what do your foss notes say? I`m interested what you can see in them. Don`t be sorry about my baby, he is an awsome kid, the best thing I made in life, sleep deprivation won`t last forever. :)
I will ask my employer to call them and try to find out something, they called 2 weeks ago but got no real answer other than it is process and there is no timelimit.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ditta said:
Rob, have a great night as PR! :)

Mimi what do your foss notes say? I`m interested what you can see in them. Don`t be sorry about my baby, he is an awsome kid, the best thing I made in life, sleep deprivation won`t last forever. :)
I will ask my employer to call them and try to find out something, they called 2 weeks ago but got no real answer other than it is process and there is no timelimit.
In my foss notes they say they are waiting for criminality and security check everthing is done so only CSIS AND RCMP are delaying my case n my BFD date early february 2011 so u can imagine the long wait

bood82

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010
kiwikris said:
Welcome to inlanders Bood82, on a previous post which I can't seem to find but was posted today someone said their application was received on 9 Feb this year and the just received their letter for PR landing interview! So it could be happening anyday now for any of us.

Fingers crossed everyone! :)

yeah read that thread too, maybe there is still hope for xmas in germany :D, i won t cancel the flights yet.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bood82 said:
yeah read that thread too, maybe there is still hope for xmas in germany :D, i won t cancel the flights yet.
Of course there is hope!
Hoping you get that thing(PR) before Christmas ! :)

bood82

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010
thanks boasorte, yeah i haven t been in germany for the last 4 years, so my family was really sad to hear about me not comming over because of the wait for the PR.

Tuggie

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6, 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Hi BB,

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have a regular work permit. It did not require a LMO. I don't know all the details about why it didn't. I am an accountant from the USA. Although I had to take a HUGE pay cut to work in Canada, it was worth it to be able to live and work in this awesome country and to not be separated from my husband while we wait for my PR to be approved.

There are certain work categories that do not require an LMO. I just don't know what they are. Apparently, accounting is one of them.

Tuggie

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Hi Kris,

Thanks for sharing this with me (and the rest of us).
I'm getting very sick of agents giving wrong information on the phone. It's the second agents out of three I've spoken wit in the past few months. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask their agent ID numbers (I only have one of an agent who actually did not make mistakes). It proves to me that they're pretty unreliable.
In this case I'll definately file for the Young Workers permit, but I'll keep it on the side until I need to travel.

I'm also getting sick of the limited options there are for decent working immigrants in process. It's almost like we're not even being given a chance for in the meanwhile.
kiwikris said:
Hi Jurjen,
I was also on WHP before I received my OWP.
I have this from CIC when we went to the office to try and see what could be done about getting health coverage while being on implied status because it expires and they need the letter confirming sponsorship and your new OWP(for Ontario as least). Your SIN also expires so not sure if you can change jobs and also the only "proof" you would have is the receipt from when you mailed in your application. I know of some people who had casual jobs and once on impiled status were unable to get a job since they didn't have one.

this is from the CIC operation manual- dated Sep 08 2010

"24 Impiled Status (Replaces OB092-Jan 15 2009)

A temporary resident must apply to extend their period or authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a tempory resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have implied status as a temporary resident during that period.

If a temporary resident appiles for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, R186(u) and R189( the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply ONLY AS LONG AS THE PERSON REMAINS IN CANADA.
A temporary resident with implied status who has left Canada may:
-be allowed to re-enter Canada as a temporary resident, pending a decision on the renewal of theri application to study or work in Canada, provided they are TRV exempt as per R190 or on a mulitple-entry visa. They may NOT resume work or study in Canda until their application for renewal has been granted. For those not able to resume work, they must satisfy the BSO that they have suffcient means of support. (Note that this applies to foreign nationals who are TVR exempt as per R190(3)(f) and to those on multiple-entry visas.
-be allowed to apply for a new work or study permit at the port of entry provided they have the right to do so under the requlations."

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tuggie said:
Hi BB,

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have a regular work permit. It did not require a LMO. I don't know all the details about why it didn't. I am an accountant from the USA. Although I had to take a HUGE pay cut to work in Canada, it was worth it to be able to live and work in this awesome country and to not be separated from my husband while we wait for my PR to be approved.

There are certain work categories that do not require an LMO. I just don't know what they are. Apparently, accounting is one of them.

Tuggie
i think since ur from USA u got it as a NAFTA member if ur skilled you can get WP.also those who dnt need LMO are managerial position

perrinsa

Oct 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
27-06-2011
Does anyone know if you can travel outside of Canada once you have your OWP, or does one have to wait until the PR is issued with inland applications and implied status?

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
perrinsa said:
Does anyone know if you can travel outside of Canada once you have your OWP, or does one have to wait until the PR is issued with inland applications and implied status?
OWP doesnt give u any new rights what comes to travelling. only when u get PR card u are safe to travel. its on ur own risk now.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
I`m really curious to see when you get your OWP, Asta. It would give me a clue how long do they take...Hope it`s not like 3 months. :)

bood82

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010
perrinsa said:
would be nice if that would work, but iam still waiting for PR for traveling for xmas, iam almost stocking the mail man ;)