+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
whiteapple said:
question....

when they send you a letter that says you've been approved in principle (AIP), do they include the work permit as well? or i have to wait again for a while..? i submitted my application for work permit at the same time and i was informed that i have also been approved in principle..

thanks!
yes they do.u will get work permit at the same time. have u got ur letter by the way ?

Canada07

Jun 28, 2011
Van
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2011
jhjeppe said:
Does anybody know how long you have to live with your spouse after you get PR? Is there some kind of timeframe?
After getting your PR approved and landing there is no minimum time to live together

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
whiteapple said:
question....

when they send you a letter that says you've been approved in principle (AIP), do they include the work permit as well? or i have to wait again for a while..? i submitted my application for work permit at the same time and i was informed that i have also been approved in principle..

thanks!
They will arrive around the same time but they are mailed in separate envelopes. Like when I got AIP they all happened to be there at the same time (wasn't able to check the mail sooner) but all three were in separate envelopes. One for sponsor approval, one for applicant approval, and the other with my work permit.

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hi there!

Just want to share some information - as my e-Cas shows In Process since Nov 18 I decided to call immigration and managed to reach them and talk to them this morning. They confirmed that everything is ok with my file and that I'll get AIP in the beginning of August ;D it feels so good at least to know that they have all the docs ;D I've been calling all day yesterday and was only able to reach them today from my 3rd attempt.

Good luck to those who are calling.

Happy Friday everyone! 8)

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Latvian said:
Hi there!

Just want to share some information - as my e-Cas shows In Process since Nov 18 I decided to call immigration and managed to reach them and talk to them this morning. They confirmed that everything is ok with my file and that I'll get AIP in the beginning of August ;D it feels so good at least to know that they have all the docs ;D I've been calling all day yesterday and was only able to reach them today from my 3rd attempt.

Good luck to those who are calling.

Happy Friday everyone! 8)
We called them on Monday and they said me the same. That they have to process my application before the middle of August.
Their answers are based on the current processing time. They have been trained so good to answer this way!!!

By the way, 1 month to wait is not so much. Hope to get results soon!!!

Latvian, i think you will get AIP during next 7-10 days :) Good luck!

eagle

Feb 8, 2010
Hello People
It has been a while since my last post and I have some major updates.

I LANDED YESTERDAY -> JULY 7TH 2011
Super excited about my newly secured PR status :)

The IO advised that I will be receiving my PR card in 2 months , which puts me in a difficult situation.
I am scheduled to travel to UK for work on August 26th, IO indicated that I can secure a PR TRAVEL DOCUMENT (TD), i had never heard of such a thing.
I read up on the details for TD and it confused me a little, i wanted to know the following

1. i live in ottawa, can i mail my application for TD to buffalo (usa) ??
2. what exactly do i have to submit for residency obligation part? I am travelling for work - for about 6 days only, will a supporting letter from work suffice??
3. Any other comments? suggestions?

I hope every is doing well and enjoying this wonderful summer.

Please assist me people and THANK YOU

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Thanks fleurette!

I hope you're right :) 7-10 days sounds better than a month... anyway it's not that far, I can't believe it has been over 9 months of waiting already... time flies!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Hey Latvian,

I suppose you should at least a decision on the first stage in the next few days. Your timer is now on 280 days and the last 5 people got a decision after 277-280 days. Just try calling them again next week.

Also Katie_van should call for updates, (s)he's on 284 days now!

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Jurjen said:
Hey Latvian,

I suppose you should at least a decision on the first stage in the next few days. Your timer is now on 280 days and the last 5 people got a decision after 277-280 days. Just try calling them again next week.

Also Katie_van should call for updates, (s)he's on 284 days now!
OMG, i can get a decision around July 20th!!!!
Jurjen, thanks for the awesome statistics!

For inlanders: to calculate the numbers of application processing days, use this Excel function:

=DATEDIF(C1,C2,"D"),

where C1 - Application Received Date;
C2 - Current Date;
"D" shows the result of calculation in days.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Yes, that is very well possible. Let's hope Vergreville can keep up this pace!

katie_van

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't heard anything from CIC yet, so I called CIC in the morning. I've got the same answer as others; They are well trained. ;-)
The real timeline is faster than what cic website says, but let me wait until next week and see how it goes.

Latvian, fleurette, and Jurjen, we are almost there. Let's hope for the best!
I will let you know as soon as my e-cas is updated :)

Good luck to you all, stay strong!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hi LY, Can we get a chart update when you can. No rush, it is just nice to see all the approvals.

AE0626

Aug 16, 2010
HI Everyone!

Just wanted to add to this thread. My PR application was received October 10 and the process started November 14 2010. I submitted 3 applications when I sent my package, my PR application, extension of my visitors visa and a work permit (i read through one of the threads that submitting the work permit application at the same time will make the wait time for it faster as you can only apply for a WP after your AIP has been given (anyone is free to correct me :)) anyway, I received my visa extension on January 2011 and my status was updated in ecas on May 2011.

No news yet. Based on timelines posted on the immigrations site, i am hopefully due an answer on August. But since I havent heard form them since. Can I assume everything is fine? I havent received any word that my husband has been approved for sponsorship nor if they need additional information or proof from us? Is this normal? If all goes well, my approval may come on August, but i wanted to make sure everything is all right? any thoughts?

By the way, I truly feel so happy for those of you who have received good news! It must feel really awesome! :)

Best of luck to the rest and thanks in advance to anyone who can anwere my query!