25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
tita said:
Just to keep with the good news! I Got AIP and work permit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (is coming in the mail, i dont know when will arrive but is coming!)
here is my time line im inland from quebec

app filed 31 july 2010
letter to continue with micc 18 mars
csq received 15 april
decision made 19 may
now i need to get my polices certificates which i already know is gonna be a pain, but i will have to do it :) im so happy i can finally look for a job!

ThIs is awesome !! CONGRATS !! Time to celebrate :)
Makes me really happy as we are dec 24th so the faster is gets the better it is for us !! Cant wait to get CSQ so then we'll know we are about one month away fro
AIP .... The wait is so long !!!!!!
my prayers for those that are waiting too, God is good!!

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Love_Young said:
Well I think that is probably more of a recommendation than a rule. Usually if you already have valid status you won't have a problem extending it anyway so it isn't really needed to send in an OWP during the process anyway. I think the reason it isn't recommended is because it can get lost and also because they may actually refuse it so it can confuse IO's. It really is just better to send it with the initial submission or after though. Also, it is true that you can't really find where it talks about sending in an OWP with the application. Which you think they would. Well I guess that is why the advice on here so important though. To find out things you wouldn't have found on your own.
Yes Love_Young , I think good service or knowledge and efficiency comes from experience only. I have never believed in knowledge coming only from books or studies. Knowledge comes from when you experience things on your own. see how people learn languages for example....when i was in school as a kid i had good marks at english and my family sent me to britain to practice in the summer. i arrived there and....i couldn't understand a word... i felt so stupid..... but then, every year, my family, would send me there during summer and now I can speak english and understand it very well. and the same happened to me with spanish(i lived in argentina for 8 years) .Experience and full immersion in things is the best source. and this forum is 100 % made out of people's experiences, you definitely learn more things here than from checking out the CIC website....

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Thank you everyone again for all the congrats! Wow! I appreciate it! I can't wait for everyone else to get wonderful news too.
And ditta: I am glad you shared that bit of information with us. I know I am not that informative with that situation as I sent mine from the beginning. But I did study this process for almost a year to make sure I got it right too though. All in all it is better to send it from the beginning or wait for the AIP approval letter to request one but some people get approved for both stages or get PR soon after so even then it might just be more worth it to wait for PR. Just depends on your situation. Inlandappl: That was an amazing story and thank you for sharing it. All you say is very true and deep.

By the way how is everyone today? I tell you, I sleep so much better knowing I have AIP now. It is a blessing. Today marks 1 week to hubby and I's 1 year wedding anniversary so we got some planning to do on what we are doing. Do you all have any plans for the weekend or week coming up? Hope you all have a wonderful day. :)

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I bet it takes a lot off your shoulders. I cant wait until mine comes!

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Thank you everyone again for all the congrats! Wow! I appreciate it! I can't wait for everyone else to get wonderful news too.
And ditta: I am glad you shared that bit of information with us. I know I am not that informative with that situation as I sent mine from the beginning. But I did study this process for almost a year to make sure I got it right too though. All in all it is better to send it from the beginning or wait for the AIP approval letter to request one but some people get approved for both stages or get PR soon after so even then it might just be more worth it to wait for PR. Just depends on your situation. Inlandappl: That was an amazing story and thank you for sharing it. All you say is very true and deep.

By the way how is everyone today? I tell you, I sleep so much better knowing I have AIP now. It is a blessing. Today marks 1 week to hubby and I's 1 year wedding anniversary so we got some planning to do on what we are doing. Do you all have any plans for the weekend or week coming up? Hope you all have a wonderful day. :)
Hi LY. just curious if anyone here applied to change married name while in process. I mean I plan to apply next week for new PP with married name and notify cic later.In my consulate in BC, first we have to register ROM (registration of married] requires lot of documentation and notarization from country of origin and current country you reside, after long wait, I got the ROM required to apply for new PP in married name. Your thoughts? Anyone?

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LY, oops...I forgot to ask..., when I received my FOSS, there are some comments not true I would like to dispute. Should I call CIC or respond to the return address they sent. Thanks...

jeymi

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
Good day to all!

This forum is very encouraging that I decided to join. This is my first post. Here is our time line:

Sent Application: Dec 3, 2010
Received by CPC-V: Dec 6, 2010
Started Processing: Jan 21, 2011

Hoping that inland application would be much faster than the current timeline.

Goodluck to all of us!

Thank You.

sophie100

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2010
Doc's Request.
January 12th 2011
AOR Received.
19th April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2010
LANDED..........
Landing - 9th June 2011
Love_Young said:
WELL I GOT MY E-CAS UPDATE!!!

We received your application for permanent residence on July 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on September 22, 2010.

We received the requested information on January 13, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

So I didn't get approved for both stages. I am unsure as to why it took so long to make a decision but maybe they wanted to approve me for both but realized it was going to take too long. So maybe PR won't be too long to follow. I think after 2-3 months I will consider ordering FOSS again if I still don't have PR interview date just to see what they are waiting on and if there is anything I can send to help push it along. Shouldn't take too long to finish it up I don't think but I could be wrong. I know though it won't take long to set up an actual landing interview at my local CIC office though just because no one hardly immigrates here. They aren't very busy. So that is my update. Sorry it isn't the most ultimate news like getting approved for both (which would have explained better the long delay) but I am still very very very happy to see this. I am making a screencap and when I get landed I will make a screencap, print it out, and frame it. Lol.

Anyway, does anyone know how long it took for them to get AIP to "decision made"? I would just like to see some approximates. ;D
Mine didn't change to Decision Made till I received my interview date in the post! I wouldn't go by what it says on E-Cas, I'd just wait and see what you receive in the post over the next 2 weeks.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
CrazyLucy: Yes it does take a lot off your shoulders. I can't wait until you get it either.

sarahLDC: Yes, it is okay to change your name during the middle of the process as long as you provide a copy of your passport with the new name. Now, if you are close to finding out an answer then it would be better to just wait until after PR to change it. It isn't recommended to change it during the process as it may cause complications and confusion. And that is why it is better to do it before submitting the application or after PR is given. I am waiting until after getting PR to change mine. And you should have gotten a letter with your FOSS notes saying that if there is anything incorrect on them to submit that form back to them and they expect proof of what is incorrect as well. Good luck!

jeymi: Thank you for posting your information. I will include you in the chart next update. And actually the current timeline is very fast right now. They will be on August applicants by this week I would say so keep your head up. Not too much longer until you get a decision made.

sophie100: Oh really?! Well then I guess I can still hope to get second stage approved very soon then. Thanks for keeping my spirits up. I can't wait to get the mail and I hope I get it this week. Please Canada Post don't go on strike. We need your services. ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Used the automated phone service on CIC's hotline tonight to check my work permit status out of curiosity.
It was so nice to hear: "Your application for a work permit was approved and a document was sent on May 18, 2011".
Eek...I just can't wait for it to get here. Been getting organized at home and planning things that I need to get started on soon.
Hopefully it will make the transition easier. Can't wait to hold those letters and new shiny work permit in my hands though. Yay! :p

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys
just want to join you.
this is my first to post
I show my timeline, hopefully it will help
We received your application for permanent residence on April 12, 2010.

We started processing your application on June 24, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on March 24, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted. (issued on Apr,6th,2011. received on Apr,18th,2001) -----I am in vancouver right now!

Now I still waiting for my final decision from CIC
:'(

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Love_Young said:
Used the automated phone service on CIC's hotline tonight to check my work permit status out of curiosity.
It was so nice to hear: "Your application for a work permit was approved and a document was sent on May 18, 2011".
Eek...I just can't wait for it to get here. Been getting organized at home and planning things that I need to get started on soon.
Hopefully it will make the transition easier. Can't wait to hold those letters and new shiny work permit in my hands though. Yay! :p
Hello LY!!!! Finally the longggggggggg daysssssssssssss and sleepless nights are OVER!!!! Congratulations!!! :D :D :D I'm happy for you that you can be able to get back on normal life again... There's always a time for everything ... GOODLUCK!

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats LY, although I was expecting to see approvals for your both stages together. I wish you good luck on becoming a PR soon.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
OMG GUYS.....DECISION MADE!!!! WOOHOO!!!

e-Cas just updated this morning! Funny thing is, I wasn't going to check my email today but I saw I had 2 messages I was thinking "Please let it be decision made." But then I thought that would be too good to be true. Sure enough though I had an e-Cas tracker update. I did think it could be a glitch but was hopeful so I went to check e-Cas and sure enough "DECISION MADE". Woohoo! I am so excited like you wouldn't believe. Been dancing all around since then. I think my suspensions were true. That they wanted to approve both stages but they just were afraid it wouldn't be done in time. Funny thing is, a decision was made two days after they approved for AIP and work permit. I wouldn't be amazed now if I don't get scheduled for an interview in the next couple of weeks or days. Our local office is not busy at all. OMG, I can't believe this is going to be over soon. Yay! Thank you everyone again for all the support and congrats! You will never know how much all of it has meant to both me and hubby. I am looking forward to everyone getting their good news soon! Also, I called my mom about the news (obviously) and she said as a joke they must have just wanted to make sure the world didn't end before giving me the news. Haha, I thought that was hilarious.

Anyway here what my e-Cas says:

"We received your application for permanent residence on July 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on September 22, 2010.

We received the requested information on January 13, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you a letter on May 20, 2011 to ###########, ########, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, ### ### about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.
"

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
Huge Congrats to you LY - I can only imagine the relief and weight that is now lifted off you and your hubby's shoulders - Enjoy the rest of the long weekend and I hope the interview is soon and no delays with Canada post!!!