+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
WELL I GOT MY E-CAS UPDATE!!!

We received your application for permanent residence on July 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on September 22, 2010.

We received the requested information on January 13, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

So I didn't get approved for both stages. I am unsure as to why it took so long to make a decision but maybe they wanted to approve me for both but realized it was going to take too long. So maybe PR won't be too long to follow. I think after 2-3 months I will consider ordering FOSS again if I still don't have PR interview date just to see what they are waiting on and if there is anything I can send to help push it along. Shouldn't take too long to finish it up I don't think but I could be wrong. I know though it won't take long to set up an actual landing interview at my local CIC office though just because no one hardly immigrates here. They aren't very busy. So that is my update. Sorry it isn't the most ultimate news like getting approved for both (which would have explained better the long delay) but I am still very very very happy to see this. I am making a screencap and when I get landed I will make a screencap, print it out, and frame it. Lol.

Anyway, does anyone know how long it took for them to get AIP to "decision made"? I would just like to see some approximates. ;D
But doesn't a Decision Made mean that you've been approved for both 1 and 2nd stages?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
CrazyLucy said:
I still have yet to be able to log into my E-cas. Maybe it's because I'm filing for Quebec as well?
That is interesting. Hopefully other Quebecer's have an input to offer you.
Also, about your relationship proof, we didn't apply common-law but had considered it.
I think your evidence is very strong. I still have a list of my table of contents of what I included which I could PM to you just to give you some other ideas of things to include. Have you considered proof from CRA or filing taxes with each other on there? Did you mail the statutory declaration of common-law union? And maybe if you haven't already consider putting your name as a next of kin for your partner's hospital records then get a copy of it and mail it in. I never had the chance to send in the last bit I mentioned but wish I had. I think it is good proof for others to consider because to me, I wouldn't ever put someone as my next of kin to contact in an emergency first before anyone else if I didn't trust them or love them with my whole being.

TeresaLynn said:
I had to call CIC today because i realized after mailing the police certificate I forgot to put the client #!! So i called CIC and she stated as long as his name and date of birth is on the document it should not be a problem. I asked her how long it takes for the mail to be opened in Vegreville and she told me 1 month. Everything is sent for my spouse now the waiting begins for PR. He started applying for jobs in the past couple of weeks, I hoping he finds something soon :) :)
Glad to hear that it shouldn't be any issue with them receiving it and I am so glad they are opening correspondence sooner now. Hopefully he can get PR soon after. Good luck to him getting a job soon. :)

P.S. Did you get my PM?

Mona_Barca said:
LY -
Congratulations again and this time on the update of your eCase. Hopefully you will hear back soon about your landing interview.
BTW, what information they did request from you before? Did you see this line when you were checking your ecase before?
Thank you Mona_Barca. I really do hope it won't take long to have my file completely finalized because I would love to land soon.
And they didn't request information. That is just the standardized message they display in e-Cas when they receive documents from you. January 13 is when they finally attached my FBI clearance that I mailed in later. Yes, it was listed on there ever since my e-Cas was activated in March.

Inlandappl said:
It's still unsure if there will be a strike. i googled this news and there are controversial opinions. i guess we will not know before the 25 th of may
Well I hope it doesn't happen but it is nice that they are at least making people aware that it could happen.
Let's hope it doesn't though. I would really like to get that mail very soon. ;)

canadiancitizen said:
YEEHAW..Love Is In The Air everywhere I look around
Love is in the air every sight and every sound
Love Young is in the air!!!!!
..LAL LAL ALALALAAAALLAALALAL lets dance and sing... congratulations LY!!!!
Hehe thank you very much canadiancitizen. :p

lilly_inland said:
But doesn't a Decision Made mean that you've been approved for both 1 and 2nd stages?
No, usually it says they have made a decision and that they mailed you a letter about the decision of your application.
Besides before clicking to find that information, it doesn't say "Decision Made" but still says "In Process".

zzbf327

Apr 20, 2011
Hi LY, my timeline as belows,

We received your application for permanent residence on June 21, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 27, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on April 19, 2011 to XX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Landing interview is arranged on Jun.1st 2011 in Scarborough.

boasorte said:
Congrats zzbf327! Can you share your complete timeline with us?
:)

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Just want to say "Have a great long weekend everyone!"

Enjoy the nice warm weather and extended time to be with our families. I'm taking a break from the internet until Tuesday and going to enjoy nature this week hiking a bit!

LoveYoung & Mona make sure you drink some booze for me over the weekend as I can't right now!

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Yes I did get you PM, did you go on FB yet?

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
CrazyLucy said:
I still have yet to be able to log into my E-cas. Maybe it's because I'm filing for Quebec as well?
Crazy Lucy,
I don't think that applying in Quebec makes a difference in being able to login Ecas.....
Our papers were received DEC 24, started processing Feb 14th, and we were able to log in at that time....

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
TeresaLynn said:
Yes I did get you PM, did you go on FB yet?
Oh okay I wasn't sure. Yeah I have been all day. I refresh the page but nothing shows up.
I will try logging out and logging back in.

lovely20 said:
Just want to say "Have a great long weekend everyone!"

Enjoy the nice warm weather and extended time to be with our families. I'm taking a break from the internet until Tuesday and going to enjoy nature this week hiking a bit!

LoveYoung & Mona make sure you drink some booze for me over the weekend as I can't right now!
Have a nice long weekend lovely20! I hope you enjoy it and can relax more. And I would drink but me and hubby aren't much of drinkers. Perhaps soda? Lol. Anyway, have fun. Let us know how you are on Tuesday!

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
sa_ja said:
Crazy Lucy,
I don't think that applying in Quebec makes a difference in being able to login Ecas.....
Our papers were received DEC 24, started processing Feb 14th, and we were able to log in at that time....
Yeah, Thanks to Inlandappl, I was able to log into E-Cas today after a long time. I was typing in my full name and not just my last! Haha, how silly of me.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
CrazyLucy said:
Yeah, Thanks to Inlandappl, I was able to log into E-Cas today after a long time. I was typing in my full name and not just my last! Haha, how silly of me.
I was happy to help!!! ;D ;D ;D. It's not silly, it happens

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Guys, I have a question.

We did not send a work permit application with our spousal sponsorship application. Should we send that now? How does it work? Do you get it faster when they give you AIP. What is the process?

I want to be able to get the work permit as quick as possible.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
You should send it now in my opinion. You applied in March it you have lots of time before your approved for AIP. It cost $150, anf the application is the "change conditions of your stay form". They want to know why you are applying for one, just state you are applying for spousal sponsorship within Canada and are requesting and open work permit.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
I agree with TL but I would like to mention the importance of attaching a cover letter when send extra documents.
You want to mention the following so they can add it with ease: when you sent the app, when they received it, what the applicant's name is, what the sponsor's name is, both your countries of birth and date of births, and client ID number.

Then write across the OWP (on every page is what I did to be safe) the following sentence. (DO NOT PROCESS BEFORE FIRST STAGE APPROVAL). And in the corner of each page put a client id number and any other identification information they can link to your file. Make sure you include everything on the document checklist for it and a receipt for $150. Mention on the cover letter that you weren't aware until after submitting the application that you could send an OWP application in with your inland application and that you would like it attached to your file to be processed after First Stage Approval.

Good luck! And let us know how it goes.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Love_Young said:
I agree with TL but I would like to mention the importance of attaching a cover letter when send extra documents.
You want to mention the following so they can add it with ease: when you sent the app, when they received it, what the applicant's name is, what the sponsor's name is, both your countries of birth and date of births, and client ID number.

Then write across the OWP (on every page is what I did to be safe) the following sentence. (DO NOT PROCESS BEFORE FIRST STAGE APPROVAL). And in the corner of each page put a client id number and any other identification information they can link to your file. Make sure you include everything on the document checklist for it and a receipt for $150. Mention on the cover letter that you weren't aware until after submitting the application that you could send an OWP application in with your inland application and that you would like it attached to your file to be processed after First Stage Approval.

Good luck! And let us know how it goes.
It is funny how this whole info about work permit gets so confusing sometimes. when i applied in the first place i didn't know that i could send the application for the OWP together with my inland application..(by the way i haven't found a single line in the CIC website that talks about it)......so i didn't do it....then i found this forum and there were some people that told me on this forum that you could send it later putting the phrase "do not process until AIP" ...some other people on this forum said it was not possible to send it at a later date before AIP....so i called the call centre...and what did the lady tell me on the phone? "NO SIR YOU CANNOT SEND AN OWP APPLICATION BEFORE AIP. If you didn't enclose it in your original application then you have to wait for AIP to apply".....confusing and senseless bureucracy......
anyway, i was approved for 1 st and 2 nd stage together but i don't have a work permit, so i will wait for my landing interview. don't feel like spending 150 dollars now, do more papers and wait for a month anyway.....Cheers!!! ;D ;D ;D

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
sa_ja said:
Crazy Lucy,
I applied in Quebec and after 8 months i was able to log in in ecas like everybody else but it is true that the CIC website says in the FAQ section that" if you applied in Quebec you will never be able to log in in ecas because immigration quebec is the entity responsible for the processing of your application"...GO figure.....

tita

Jun 8, 2010
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 july 2010
Med's Done....
july 2010
Just to keep with the good news! I Got AIP and work permit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (is coming in the mail, i dont know when will arrive but is coming!)
here is my time line im inland from quebec

app filed 31 july 2010
letter to continue with micc 18 mars
csq received 15 april
decision made 19 may
now i need to get my polices certificates which i already know is gonna be a pain, but i will have to do it :) im so happy i can finally look for a job!

my prayers for those that are waiting too, God is good!!