+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jennifer0827 said:
Hello! Everyone. ;D

I have been lurking this thread for a long time..I love this forum that all inlanders can update their news and cheer each other up!
I sent out my inland application on OCT 3 last year (received by CIC on OCT 5).

But the thing is, my dear big sister told me that she will get married around this Sep. I really hope I can attend.
Anyone has the re-entry experience while inland application is being processed?

Any information and advice will be appreciated!
Thank you for everyone who welcomes me, I felt so warm in my heart! :D

And, Yes! TeresaLynn. I entered Canada with my multiple visa last year, and currently I have visa extension until Feb,2012.
I know that the rules keep saying you may be denied enter Canada again once you leave Canada while inland application is being processing. But I really don't want to regret for missing my sister's wedding.

I just want to know have anyone had this experience re-entry again? Please share with me!

I plan to bring all documents, ex. credit card statements, extension visa, my sister's wedding invitation, even AIP letter and Working permit (Once I receive them! HOPE!) And my husband will go with me.

Also, may I ask...If I do get my working permit after AIP. Can I use it re-enter Canada??

Thank you all! Have a good Sunday! :-*

PS. Love_Young, thank you for updating the chart, AGAIN! That's really sweet. Mine was received on Oct 5, started processing on Nov 23. Thank you!

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Call CIC and clarify with them, that would be your best bet.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
NO, you cannot re enter Canada on a work permit, it will say so on it .

it's a 50/50 chance you have to take , if you are leaving for a wedding and then coming back in that would give you another 6 months extension all being well you get through customs AND you are from a visa exempt Country.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Jennifer0827 said:
Hello! Everyone. ;D

I have been lurking this thread for a long time..I love this forum that all inlanders can update their news and cheer each other up!
I sent out my inland application on OCT 3 last year (received by CIC on OCT 5).

But the thing is, my dear big sister told me that she will get married around this Sep. I really hope I can attend.
Anyone has the re-entry experience while inland application is being processed?

Any information and advice will be appreciated!
i missed my brother's wedding cause of this :mad:

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asta said:
i missed my brother's wedding cause of this :mad:
Asta..This is a definitely hard decision to make.
I feel that I am in a dilemma situation. :-\

Teresa and eyeoftheocean, thank you for your help! I really appreciate that.
Wish you all hear the good news soon! :D

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Jennifer0827 said:
Thank you for everyone who welcomes me, I felt so warm in my heart! :D

And, Yes! TeresaLynn. I entered Canada with my multiple visa last year, and currently I have visa extension until Feb,2012.
I know that the rules keep saying you may be denied enter Canada again once you leave Canada while inland application is being processing. But I really don't want to regret for missing my sister's wedding.

I just want to know have anyone had this experience re-entry again? Please share with me!

I plan to bring all documents, ex. credit card statements, extension visa, my sister's wedding invitation, even AIP letter and Working permit (Once I receive them! HOPE!) And my husband will go with me.

Also, may I ask...If I do get my working permit after AIP. Can I use it re-enter Canada??

Thank you all! Have a good Sunday! :-*

PS. Love_Young, thank you for updating the chart, AGAIN! That's really sweet. Mine was received on Oct 5, started processing on Nov 23. Thank you!
I have traveled in and out of Canada 3 times since I started this process. Although I currently am a student here and hold an off-campus work permit (not just visitor status) and I am from the States. When I have crossed at both land entries and the airport it has been super super easy.

They ask where I went, I explain i went back to the states (both times it was for personal reasons, my dad is sick) and then they ask why I am coming to Canada. I say that I study here and live with my partner and that is it. I have always traveled with my copy of the application for PR in addition to supporting documentation that shows that I am currently enrolled in classes but they have never asked for anything else.

The last time I crossed the border it was actually with my boyfriend and it was super easy and never once has the application come up.

It is really challenging living in Montreal and having many friends who live in Burlington, Vermont, in the US which is only 2.5 hours from here....but I resist the urge to cross the border too often, because you never know if you'll get that Immigration Officer. I think one of the things that makes it easy for me to go back and forth is the fact that I am American and I am currently enrolled in classes here....good luck making the decision.

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Teriskier said:
I have traveled in and out of Canada 3 times since I started this process. Although I currently am a student here and hold an off-campus work permit (not just visitor status) and I am from the States. When I have crossed at both land entries and the airport it has been super super easy.

They ask where I went, I explain i went back to the states (both times it was for personal reasons, my dad is sick) and then they ask why I am coming to Canada. I say that I study here and live with my partner and that is it. I have always traveled with my copy of the application for PR in addition to supporting documentation that shows that I am currently enrolled in classes but they have never asked for anything else.

The last time I crossed the border it was actually with my boyfriend and it was super easy and never once has the application come up.

It is really challenging living in Montreal and having many friends who live in Burlington, Vermont, in the US which is only 2.5 hours from here....but I resist the urge to cross the border too often, because you never know if you'll get that Immigration Officer. I think one of the things that makes it easy for me to go back and forth is the fact that I am American and I am currently enrolled in classes here....good luck making the decision.

Teriskier, thank you so much for sharing your experience. :D

I have been searching many forums for this question these days. And I did saw many thread show that quite a few inlanders re-enter Canada again without any trouble. One lawyer even said that if you have AIP letter, visa and other documents to prove it, it's OK for going back to your own country for some important reasons (But don't stay too long...)

Therefore, I decide to try it!
Very appreciate for all answers. HUG!!!

Wishing you lots of good luck! :)

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Teriskier, thank you so much for sharing your experience. :D

I have been searching many forums for this question these days. And I did saw many thread show that quite a few inlanders re-enter Canada again without any trouble. One lawyer even said that if you have AIP letter, visa and other documents to prove it, it's OK for going back to your own country for some important reasons (But don't stay too long...)

Therefore, I decide to try it!
Very appreciate for all answers. HUG!!!

Wishing you lots of good luck! :)
No Problem...Good Luck!

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
eyeoftheocean said:
NO, you cannot re enter Canada on a work permit, it will say so on it .

it's a 50/50 chance you have to take , if you are leaving for a wedding and then coming back in that would give you another 6 months extension all being well you get through customs AND you are from a visa exempt Country.
Hi eyeoftheocean

I'm a little bit confused about your answer when you said no because I was holding study& on campus work permit before and I've re-entered Canada once or twice every year since 2007. The custom only asked me that where I was studying and where I came from. I only told them I went home visiting family and came back for next semester and I've never had any problem. I quite believe that there should not be any problems as long as you have a "good reason" to enter Canada.

Also, the custom will not give you another 6 months extension on study/on campus work permit because the expired date on these permit is decided by CIC, not the custom; and the date they gave you is according on the letter from school. These permits are just like your visa if you come from a visa exempt country. My hometown was not a visa exempt country before 2011, therefore I also had a student visa at that time and the expired date was just the same as my study/work permit.

It's just my personal experience, if there is any mistakes, please feel free to let me know, thanks.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
To Love Young

Thanks so much for explaining the word for me and please don't feel sorry about it because I'll feel more sorry ;D
Please stay in happy :)

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
AmandaHsu said:
Hi eyeoftheocean

I'm a little bit confused about your answer when you said no because I was holding study& on campus work permit before and I've re-entered Canada once or twice every year since 2007. The custom only asked me that where I was studying and where I came from. I only told them I went home visiting family and came back for next semester and I've never had any problem. I quite believe that there should not be any problems as long as you have a "good reason" to enter Canada.

Also, the custom will not give you another 6 months extension on study/on campus work permit because the expired date on these permit is decided by CIC, not the custom; and the date they gave you is according on the letter from school. These permits are just like your visa if you come from a visa exempt country. My hometown was not a visa exempt country before 2011, therefore I also had a student visa at that time and the expired date was just the same as my study/work permit.

It's just my personal experience, if there is any mistakes, please feel free to let me know, thanks.

Study permits are different from Extension to stay visas or open work permits, it states on both , 'THIS DOES NOT GIVE YOU RE ENTRY TO CANADA'

So like I say and others will back me up its a 50/50 chance you have to take. I dont know much about Study visas . whether it says or not re entry to Canada, only you know this.

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Hi,

I just wanna add myself to the group. Good luck everyone! ;)

Cheers

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
komar said:
hello everyone,

we have been asked for a second medical in our AIP letter, as the first was expired. any idea how long before you hear from them once you get your mrdical done? the DMP says they send the report within two weeks of the test.
hi komar. Could you please tell me when you did your medical? And did you send it with your application? thx

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
eyeoftheocean said:
Study permits are different from Extension to stay visas or open work permits, it states on both , 'THIS DOES NOT GIVE YOU RE ENTRY TO CANADA'

So like I say and others will back me up its a 50/50 chance you have to take. I dont know much about Study visas . whether it says or not re entry to Canada, only you know this.
Study permits are also say "does not authorize re-entry." It is true, because the permit alone cannot get you into Canada especially if you're from a non visa exempt country. If you are from one of these countries, then you will need a TRV to go with your permit for re-entry. The permits authorize you to stay etc but to travel and come back... you need a TRV.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
AmandaHsu said:
Hi eyeoftheocean

You had your your visa to go along with your study and work permits. Like I said in my above post, the study/work permits alone will not get you in. You had your student visa too. The 6 mths ext you're talking about would not apply to you since you had study/work permits. That is for persons looking on visitor records etc.