Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
avigtr said:
Are you from Vancouver too? I am just trying to understand what we have in common that will explain this delay
Ontario. I think it has to do with the medical extensions they gave people in June. A bunch of peoples medicals were expiring because of the long delays, so they extended them. In the process, it seems like that also pushed our processing out even further. My medical's been accepted, I sent all my paperwork together, but still nothing so I'm assuming no one has opened the file since the extension.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
My medicals were accepted too and were one day away from passing the the 12 months(expired June 22Nd got my AIP June 21ST)
It doesn't make sense to me that it is like that for July and early August applicants.
The process of extending the medicals should have save time for them but I guess in bureaucracy everything is possible.
I didn't have my medicals extended and I sent everything like you and still people that got AIP more than a month after us got DM.
Well,nothing to do but to wait I guess :D
StoneTable said:
Ontario. I think it has to do with the medical extensions they gave people in June. A bunch of peoples medicals were expiring because of the long delays, so they extended them. In the process, it seems like that also pushed our processing out even further. My medical's been accepted, I sent all my paperwork together, but still nothing so I'm assuming no one has opened the file since the extension.

iris.gu

Aug 10, 2012
Dear Oct applicants,

anyone who does not do the medicals got any letter from CIC to do it ?

I'm Oct 6, I didn't do medical exam when I sent application documents , so far, no update in my e-cas. :'(

peanutbrittle

Jan 25, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2012
iris.gu said:
Dear Oct applicants,

anyone who does not do the medicals got any letter from CIC to do it ?

I'm Oct 6, I didn't do medical exam when I sent application documents , so far, no update in my e-cas. :'(

My application was received October 31. I submitted my medical exam at the same time and I know it has expired for sure, but I haven't heard anything from CIC yet. I'm hoping they won't ask me to re-do it. I called CIC a few months back and the agent I spoke to advised me not to send in another med exam because it could just delay things. She said to only do it if they ask for it. I'm starting to worry that it wasn't good advice.

Is anyone else in the same situation? If so, did you get a request to have them redone? Also, when did you received the request? I'm so excited to hear something, but I'm fearful it will just be a request for a new med exam. :(

Congrats to everyone who has received AIP and DM recently! And good luck to everyone else waiting!! :)

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
peanutbrittle said:
My application was received October 31. I submitted my medical exam at the same time and I know it has expired for sure, but I haven't heard anything from CIC yet. I'm hoping they won't ask me to re-do it. I called CIC a few months back and the agent I spoke to advised me not to send in another med exam because it could just delay things. She said to only do it if they ask for it. I'm starting to worry that it wasn't good advice.

Is anyone else in the same situation? If so, did you get a request to have them redone? Also, when did you received the request? I'm so excited to hear something, but I'm fearful it will just be a request for a new med exam. :(

Congrats to everyone who has received AIP and DM recently! And good luck to everyone else waiting!! :)
I wouldn't worry about redoing the medical exam unless they specifically ask for it to be redone. I received my DM about 14 months after having my medical done, and they did not ask for a second one. I think it's the same for some of the others too.

peanutbrittle

Jan 25, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2012
Azsereth said:
I wouldn't worry about redoing the medical exam unless they specifically ask for it to be redone. I received my DM about 14 months after having my medical done, and they did not ask for a second one. I think it's the same for some of the others too.
Thanks Azsereth, that gives me hope! :D

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We finally received a letter from CIC last night after 11 months of waiting, telling us to apply for CSQ!

At least it's progress :-\

Aug 29, 2012
hatrang said:
Of course yours is normal, look at the updates dear, dondon86 is Oct 17. I'm right after him/her, Oct 19 and still waiting now.
Your time will come before long, hang in there.
I received this last nite.Does that mean my wife can apply for ohip and work permission???? TY

This refers to the Application to sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in
Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of XXXXXXXX and
family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent
Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
ingodwetrustforever said:
I received this last nite.Does that mean my wife can apply for ohip and work permission???? TY

This refers to the Application to sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in
family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent
Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly.
seems like CIC is really rocking for you guys...already end of October....cool

That's AIP, you can now apply for owp online without waiting for the AIP letter....goahead and do it. Yes also OHIP but u have to wait for AIP letter for that. you now have to wait for second stage which can take few days or months. Good luck

stefi

Jun 26, 2012
tinch said:
my almost complete timeline!!

App received: July 25, 2011
Processed: Sep 13, 2011 (I think..)
AIP: June 13, 2012
DM: Aug 23, 2012

Had my letter in the mail yesterday! It seems very unreal that it is almost done..
Now I am only waiting for the Etobicoke office to contact me!

Congrats to everyone else who received good news recently and good luck and lots of patience for those who are still waiting!!

Congrats tinch! i'm also waiting for etobicoke - pls keep us posted if you hear from them. thanks!

DM Aug 15, 2012

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
ingodwetrustforever said:

family (if applicable).
Congrats to your AIP. I still don't hear anything on my case yet. Maybe I'll wait until my sponsor check email, he's at work now. Fingers crossed!

tinch

Nov 9, 2011
Congrats tinch! i'm also waiting for etobicoke - pls keep us posted if you hear from them. thanks!

DM Aug 15, 2012
[/quote]

Done :)

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
hmmm.. it seems most people in Ontario and getting some progress with there applications. Never heard from anyone in Alberta. I`m still waiting.... :)