Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
laugher said:
Hi,
I don't know if anyone ever has the same problem as me.
I got AIP in June 7
Schedule for interview in Aug 9
I problem is my wife had an emergency and she went back to her country already. Would it be possible for me to come alone on that day? Is there anything I can do or prepare?
Thanks!
[/quote

they say in the letter that your spouse must attend nothing you can do to change it she has to attend with you m husband was on vacation and he had to come back our lawyer sa if the ask he or she has to attend

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
We received your application for permanent residence on October 11, 2011.

We started processing your application on January 6, 2012.

We transferred your application to the CIC Etobicoke office on January 10, 2012. The CIC Etobicoke office may contact you.

i had an interview on the 13th of june 2012

on the 14th of june 2012 i got aip

16th of june 2012 letter for police clearance from my country

requested info received on the 28 of june admin if it not to much trouble can you post my time line please

have since sent it in they also asked for 490 for landing fee is it normal that my secound stage takes this long or should i be worried please help me i have since faxed it in to my cic officer he had given me his personal fax number

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Hi everyone:)

Just wanna share, on 12th of July I got a letter of my DM dated July 9,2012.

Today, I got a letter again from CIC Edmonton that on 26 of July I am scheduled for my landing date/interview & I have to pay the RPRF & 2 pcs PR card Photo.

21 days from DM to landing date... ^__^

z.yahya

Mar 29, 2012
Can someone help me please, just need some info and this forum has always been so awesome.

SO, I applied Aug 23 2011, and today in the mail I got two letters.

One said that my spouse is eligible to sponsor me

the other letter was for me, it stated that I have met the requirements for PR and can apply for an open work permit, or student permit ( I never sent OWP application, I know I should have :() but that they still have to wait for medical, background , etc..

So I have AIP

Now I have a few questions

1) I am in Alberta, with AIP am I allowed to get health care coverage? There use to be something on Alberta health's website about being allowed to get a health card if you have AIP but I can't find that info anymore, it was just there a few months ago.

If I can, how do I do it, what should I take to them? Anyone in Alberta have any experience with this?

2) Should I apply for an OWP, since it takes time to process is it worth it or does it make sense to just wait for DM and the PR card.

Really confused, would love your help.

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
anna0828 said:
Gusto ko lang naman sana eh malaman kung gaano pa katagal bago maissue visa ng daughter pati na rin yung akin para makapagplano na ng mga dapat gawin. Mahal din ng pamasahe eh. Tapos may baby din ako dito hindi ko man maplano bday at binyag niya kasi hindi ko alam kung kelan ko din makukuha other daughter ko sa pinas.
my daughter got her visa 9 weeks after my landing interview..she got it today..

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
z.yahya said:
Can someone help me please, just need some info and this forum has always been so awesome.

SO, I applied Aug 23 2011, and today in the mail I got two letters.

One said that my spouse is eligible to sponsor me

the other letter was for me, it stated that I have met the requirements for PR and can apply for an open work permit, or student permit ( I never sent OWP application, I know I should have :() but that they still have to wait for medical, background , etc..

So I have AIP

1) I am in Alberta, with AIP am I allowed to get health care coverage? There use to be something on Alberta health's website about being allowed to get a health card if you have AIP but I can't find that info anymore, it was just there a few months ago.

If I can, how do I do it, what should I take to them? Anyone in Alberta have any experience with this?

2) Should I apply for an OWP, since it takes time to process is it worth it or does it make sense to just wait for DM and the PR card.

Go on ahead and get a OWP. Background checks can take a few weeks to 8-9 months.

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
waiting mode^__* said:
Hi everyone...

Yesterday, I've got mail from CIC Veg. saying that they are pleased to advise that the processing of my PR application sponsored by a spouse is completed. & that will just have to wait CIC edmonton to contact me for landing date, call centre agent say that i should received a letter not later than Aug. 20.

Here is my timeline...

April 2011, they received my application
May 2011, start processing
March 2012, AIP letter & asking me to do med. & send them police clearance from back home, OWP, letter saying Hubby eligibility to sponsor.
April 1, 2012, I sent my police cert.
April 21, 2012, done with Medical Exam
May 7, 2012 Ecas updated that they received the requested info.

July 9, 2012 my Ecas updated to DM with medical results received.

Almost 3 months after medical exam before I got my DM.

Hopefully, everyone that are waiting for second stage will get there DM soon:)
aww thank you so much i was asked for police clearance but my mR is ok ans already received i was worrying about stage 2 but after seeing this am more relaxed

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
vincystress said:
aww thank you so much i was asked for police clearance but my mR is ok ans already received i was worrying about stage 2 but after seeing this am more relaxed
Yeah, there is nothing to worry about... When I phoned CIC before to ask why I don't get my 2nd stage decision yet even my medical results in already in there system. I found out that they don't open your file until the bring forward date. Once they open your file they have to verify the police cert. ( background check/ criminal record) you sent.

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012

It was in common question asked AHCIP website before but i think they took it off. Try to go at the registry office or might as well at AHCIP office in edmonton with the AIP letter & a proof of residence in Alberta i.e. bank statement with your name & address or bills. Or give them a call first & inquire if you are living outside Edmonton.

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
waiting mode^__* said:

It was in common question asked AHCIP website before but i think they took it off. Try to go at the registry office or might as well at AHCIP office in edmonton with the AIP letter & a proof of residence in Alberta i.e. bank statement with your name & address or bills. Or give them a call first & inquire if you are living outside Edmonton.
You should be able to apply, but there is a 3 month waiting period. I recommend calling AHCIP...they should be able to tell you what to bring and to where. When I applied in Quebec, I had to bring a copy of my passport, lease, AIP letter, original Canadian entry document (serves as a second form of ID, since foreign drivers licenses, birth certificates, etc. aren't accepted), and a photograph for the card, in addition to a Quebec-specific immigration document. Alberta's requirements look similar, though they may not be identical. It's worth double checking that you have all the required documents so that you don't have to make a second trip to the office.

Can someone direct me to where I can view the processing times for open work permits? I don't know which section they'd be in...

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Azsereth said:
You should be able to apply, but there is a 3 month waiting period. I recommend calling AHCIP...they should be able to tell you what to bring and to where. When I applied in Quebec, I had to bring a copy of my passport, lease, AIP letter, original Canadian entry document (serves as a second form of ID, since foreign drivers licenses, birth certificates, etc. aren't accepted), and a photograph for the card, in addition to a Quebec-specific immigration document. Alberta's requirements look similar, though they may not be identical. It's worth double checking that you have all the required documents so that you don't have to make a second trip to the office.

Can someone direct me to where I can view the processing times for open work permits? I don't know which section they'd be in...

Hi If you have any valid document (like visitors or so) valid for at least 1 year \9 some ppl say a bit less than 1 year is ok) you are able to get alberta health card even if you dont have AIP.

under_way

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 22, 2011
AOR Received.
may 23
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
sep 12 2012
hey all, i see the topic now is AIP and what you can do with it..

if anyone can tell me what exactly I am entitled to with my AIP I live in Ontario

Ohip, sin, credit card??

thanks for your response

under_way

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 22, 2011
AOR Received.
may 23
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
sep 12 2012
has anyone within ontario got any news after AIP???
would love to know