Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
cililoca said:
Just correcting you... You cannot go to school with resident fees, at least here in Edmonton I asked and they said I have to wait until I'm a landed immigrant, AIP won't work (I have AIP btw)
You can apply for work permit but you get a temporary SIN, it's not the one you will have for the rest of your life.

Bank, credit card and drivers license you can apply before your AIP as long as you have a legal status, I know because I did!

Health care in ALberta you can apply anytime as long as you have a visa valid for over a year... After AIP you can in any province I believe...

Just making things more clear!
Thanks Cililoca! You provided all the answers to my questions on qw123 post.

viana

Feb 14, 2011
waiting too long??

Anyways someone help me this is my situation.in july 2011 i was supposed to get landed but cuz i did not get a letter from immig telling me i would have a landed that same july and when i called cic they said i v a long way to go so if i want to get married and add my hubby to be its all fine i shld do it now rather than wait. so i got married and i added my hubby's app on my app as sponsorship(5yrs together b4 marriage).then wen i sent in everything i recieve a call from immig agent telling me iv a landed interview on july 20th??i told him i didnt know and i got married en decided to add my hubby to my app and already sent it in!he said then u cant be landed anymore!!!!1 :eek:
i then asked ok how long now will it take?he said 3 months or 6 months most.my hubby was automatically given an AIP cuz i had Aip already.so in dec-2011 he was asked for medicals and police check which he did and cic receved in early march ecase updated as thank u recieved. cic said by may or june all will be done but NADA i keep calling and they say they r still on bground check??from dec to july now?and worse my medicals expired this mar-2012 SO CONFUSED :'( :'( :'( .Everytime i call each cic says something diff.i dont know anymore what to do any advice on what to do at this point??please help my hair is falling out :'( :'( :'(

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
cililoca said:
Just correcting you... You cannot go to school with resident fees, at least here in Edmonton I asked and they said I have to wait until I'm a landed immigrant, AIP won't work (I have AIP btw)
What I've been reading suggests that at least a couple provinces grant resident tuition after AIP. Ontario and Quebec do for sure, In Ontario, the definition of a permanent resident includes people granted AIP. I think BC and Alberta require confirmation of being a landed permanent resident before granting the exemption. Not sure about the others.

In Quebec the resident tuition also applies to CEGEPs...for both CEGEP and university, you need AIP and a CSQ.

wlas52381

Sep 29, 2011
Hey everyone..congrats to all who got aips and decision made recently!!!! My situation is a bit complicated and i thought it would be better to post it on here and get some advice from the forum veterans!! Our application was received by vaudeville on October 12 2011.. two months later I was called to 6900 airport road at the cbsa office where I applied for pre removal risk assessment on Dec 13 2011..fast forward to April 27th 2012 I received a letter from cic stating ' in order to continue processing your inland application I have to send them my original fingerprints"" I sent them may 12 2012..then after a month on June 28 2012 I was called back in by cbsa informing me of a negative para decision..they also made me fill out a passport application form for my home country and advised me that I will be deported as soon as my new passport was made!! The officer also said that in case I received my aip befor passport renewal they will allow the stay until PR is finalised...Now ten days ago my ecas updated to ""medical results have been received"" ...curious to know if that's any good news??? It's a race against time for us..any advice is appreciated..love to all..cheers!!!

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
wlas52381 said:
Hey everyone..congrats to all who got aips and decision made recently!!!! My situation is a bit complicated and i thought it would be better to post it on here and get some advice from the forum veterans!! Our application was received by vaudeville on October 12 2011.. two months later I was called to 6900 airport road at the cbsa office where I applied for pre removal risk assessment on Dec 13 2011..fast forward to April 27th 2012 I received a letter from cic stating ' in order to continue processing your inland application I have to send them my original fingerprints"" I sent them may 12 2012..then after a month on June 28 2012 I was called back in by cbsa informing me of a negative para decision..they also made me fill out a passport application form for my home country and advised me that I will be deported as soon as my new passport was made!! The officer also said that in case I received my aip befor passport renewal they will allow the stay until PR is finalised...Now ten days ago my ecas updated to ""medical results have been received"" ...curious to know if that's any good news??? It's a race against time for us..any advice is appreciated..love to all..cheers!!!
i was in the same boat as yyou every thing you are dealing with i dealed with the only thing is i thank the cbsa for pushing it the requested that i get and interview and i pass it and got aip the next day after if they do not push your case and they want you to leave there are a number of things your spouse and do to fight it take it to federal court or high court what ever they call it
thats what i did

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
wlas52381 said:
I initially thought the ecas update was a sign of them speeding it up for me..I could be wrong though! Fingers crossed!!
i did my finger print before i got aip also and my file was sent to local office and alof a sudden i got a letter for am interview and i only had one week to get ready for the interview so i chould tell mine was being pushed by cbsa for cic to speed up the process i have a feeling its the same thing they are doing to you

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Hello August applicants!
Did Anyone that get AIP ,OWP AND DM(and meds received) got any news for the second stage?
It has been almost a month from my AIP and I haven't heard anything back from them.
Anyone in my status?
Have a great evening!

PRQC

Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2013
avigtr said:
Hello August applicants!
Did Anyone that get AIP ,OWP AND DM(and meds received) got any news for the second stage?
It has been almost a month from my AIP and I haven't heard anything back from them.
Anyone in my status?
Have a great evening!
Hi avigtr!

I am in the same situation since a while. I am waiting for more than 150 days for DM since AIP :eek:; we are still waiting for security check to be done by Vegreville; all the rest is fine.

I would suggest to get your FOSS note; it may takes a month to get it after application. The FOSS note may inform you when is your next Bring Forward (BF) date and any extra info on your PR application.

Hopefully you will get the DM soon.

PRQC

Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2013
Hi everyone,

We are waiting more than 157 days since AIP for DM. As per FOSS note, medical and criminal check (including RCMP) is done & passed.

Anybody may help us to clarify what is the security check and who performed it?
Any possible way to process this step faster?

Thank you.

AOR: February 23, 2011
In Process: March 25, 2011
MICC: July 28, 2011 CSQ: August 17, 2011
AIP: February 12, 2012

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
PRQC said:
Hi avigtr!

I am in the same situation since a while. I am waiting for more than 150 days for DM since AIP :eek:; we are still waiting for security check to be done by Vegreville; all the rest is fine.

I would suggest to get your FOSS note; it may takes a month to get it after application. The FOSS note may inform you when is your next Bring Forward (BF) date and any extra info on your PR application.

How to do the FOSS?

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Thanks for the response!

Is it really necessary after all we done to wait for another form/note?
What is the benefit of the FOSS note?
Let me understand,
You got AIP and DM on the sponsor eCAS and medicals are done...
Did you send the police certificate before you got the AIP or after?

PRQC said:
Hi avigtr!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
wlas52381 said:
Hi! Im sorry to hear about your situation! I just want to know what is ur violation? Did cbsa ask you to report monthly and for how long? Ive. Een reporting since july 2011 and on january during my reportting time one of the c sa officer did an interview and gave me a paper stating her dicision of removal order and she i have to wait till they send a paper which i have no idea what am i waiting for since then im reporting monthly my next is 1st tuesday of august.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
vinlander said:
Does that apply also to Quebec as I had asked SAAQ and they told me AIP was NOT a valid status for getting a permit transfert and I needed to wait my wife gets PR ?
Well not sure if you dont already have a legal status. my wife is student+AIP so she did get SAAQ

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
qw123 said:
Well not sure if you dont already have a legal status. my wife is student+AIP so she did get SAAQ
Well she entered Canada as a visitor from a visa exempt country and we are beyond the 6 months but applied for PR and Open Work permit thus we are in Implied Status, unfortunately that status doesn't mean anything to SAAQ. I will try again to call when we will receive officially AIP and the Open Work Permit but someone else here told me that only PR would be acceptable....sigh !!