+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Canada1984

Feb 10, 2012
Just an update to make on our file. We had an interview in London, ON on June 13th and received our AIP letter on June 28th

dawie.south.africa

Jun 14, 2012
under_way said:
hey all, i see the topic now is AIP and what you can do with it..

if anyone can tell me what exactly I am entitled to with my AIP I live in Ontario

Ohip, sin, credit card??

thanks for your response
Hi there!
Regarding a credit card... I was surprised when I went to the bank to open a normal savings account. The lady offered me a credit card too! I explained to her that I do not have permanent residence thus not having an income at the moment. She said its fine, they will help me to build up a credit rating by approving a $1000 credit card! So I'd say it is worth a try if you don't have one yet? Also, by getting one you have an extra piece of ID!

I also did my Ontario G-License, so that's also an extra ID. I was told when I arrived in Canada that you can't get a driver's license without permanent residence, so if anyone out there is still wondering...you can get an Ontario driver's license without PR and believe it or not...even a credit card!

Good luck to all, hope we see some more AIP's and 2nd stages!!!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
under_way said:
hey all, i see the topic now is AIP and what you can do with it..

if anyone can tell me what exactly I am entitled to with my AIP I live in Ontario

Ohip, sin, credit card??

thanks for your response
You are almost entitled to anything with AIP that a full PR is. The difference is with AIP you face some contingencies/temporary tiles until you are issued full PR status. they are the following all contingent to your PR status. with AIP, you can do:

-school (in resident fees)
-work as you can apply for open work permit
-credit card
-bank
-driver's license
-provincial health care
-SIN

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
qw123 said:
You are almost entitled to anything with AIP that a full PR is. The difference is with AIP you face some contingencies/temporary tiles until you are issued full PR status. they are the following all contingent to your PR status. with AIP, you can do:

-credit card
-bank
-driver's license
-provincial health care
-SIN
Does that apply also to Quebec as I had asked SAAQ and they told me AIP was NOT a valid status for getting a permit transfert and I needed to wait my wife gets PR ?

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
Hello,

Does anyone from end of August hear from CIC yet?

I am bit worried I havent heard anything and my ECas shows no update.. it just shows the date they recieved my apllication.

If I am the person being sponsored will it be updated on my Ecas or only on my Husband's Ecas because he is the one who sponsored me.

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
AVS said:
Hello,

I am bit worried I havent heard anything and my ECas shows no update.. it just shows the date they recieved my apllication.

If I am the person being sponsored will it be updated on my Ecas or only on my Husband's Ecas because he is the one who sponsored me.

Hi, CIC received my application on August 29, 2011 as well. Haven't heard anything from them yet. Hopefully this wee or next week, right? Let's keep our fingers crossed! :) I'll update u if something comes up with mine. Please let me know as well, if u don't mind. :)

Good luck to us!

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
Wicket08 said:
Hi, CIC received my application on August 29, 2011 as well. Haven't heard anything from them yet. Hopefully this wee or next week, right? Let's keep our fingers crossed! :) I'll update u if something comes up with mine. Please let me know as well, if u don't mind. :)

Good luck to us!
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes will keep you updated if I hear anything.. I was Thinking it would be end of this week but doesnt look like it :(

I know GOOD LUCK TO US :)

z.yahya

Mar 29, 2012
AVS said:
Hello,

You should keep checking both yours and your husbands. I just got my AIP a few days ago.

On my ecas it just said they started processing my file, but when I checked my husbands it said they had mailed out a letter to both of us.

So definitely keep checking both!

My date was AUGUST 23rd. So you should definitely be close! Any day! :)

ericc

Sep 21, 2011
dawie.south.africa said:
Hi there!
Regarding a credit card... I was surprised when I went to the bank to open a normal savings account. The lady offered me a credit card too! I explained to her that I do not have permanent residence thus not having an income at the moment. She said its fine, they will help me to build up a credit rating by approving a $1000 credit card! So I'd say it is worth a try if you don't have one yet? Also, by getting one you have an extra piece of ID!

I also did my Ontario G-License, so that's also an extra ID. I was told when I arrived in Canada that you can't get a driver's license without permanent residence, so if anyone out there is still wondering...you can get an Ontario driver's license without PR and believe it or not...even a credit card!

Good luck to all, hope we see some more AIP's and 2nd stages!!!
Sounds good. Which bank did you go to?

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
z.yahya said:
You should keep checking both yours and your husbands. I just got my AIP a few days ago.

On my ecas it just said they started processing my file, but when I checked my husbands it said they had mailed out a letter to both of us.

So definitely keep checking both!

My date was AUGUST 23rd. So you should definitely be close! Any day! :)
Hey,

Thanks for the motivation:).. The problem is my husbands ECAS stopped working all of sudden a month back, We are not able to log on to his ECAS I dont know what is the problem:(.

And my Ecas just shows the date they received my application.

under_way

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 22, 2011
AOR Received.
may 23
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
sep 12 2012
thank you

qw123 said:

-credit card
-bank
-driver's license
-provincial health care
-SIN

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
qw123 said:

-credit card
-bank
-driver's license
-provincial health care
-SIN
Just correcting you... You cannot go to school with resident fees, at least here in Edmonton I asked and they said I have to wait until I'm a landed immigrant, AIP won't work (I have AIP btw)
You can apply for work permit but you get a temporary SIN, it's not the one you will have for the rest of your life.

Bank, credit card and drivers license you can apply before your AIP as long as you have a legal status, I know because I did!

Health care in ALberta you can apply anytime as long as you have a visa valid for over a year... After AIP you can in any province I believe...

Just making things more clear!

AnARcHo

Jul 17, 2012
cililoca said:
Just correcting you... You cannot go to school with resident fees, at least here in Edmonton I asked and they said I have to wait until I'm a landed immigrant, AIP won't work (I have AIP btw)
You can apply for work permit but you get a temporary SIN, it's not the one you will have for the rest of your life.

Bank, credit card and drivers license you can apply before your AIP as long as you have a legal status, I know because I did!

Health care in ALberta you can apply anytime as long as you have a visa valid for over a year... After AIP you can in any province I believe...

Just making things more clear!
Hey Cililoca, I'm brazilian too! But I can't send personal messages yet. Can you send me your contact trough pm? Would be nice to get some advises with a fellow "tupiniquim" ! lol

Thank you!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Canada1984 said:
Just an update to make on our file. We had an interview in London, ON on June 13th and received our AIP letter on June 28th
Hi! Couls you please share us your interview experience! Thanks!