Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
mariela11 said:
Hi Guys,
Today I landed in Etobicoke! It was very fast and I got my SIN too. After that I went to Islington and Bloor to Service Ontario to do my OHIP, you need all the documents plus an extra document to support your identity (any bill in your name)
Now I just have to wait for all my cards! hahaha
SOOOO HAPPY :D
Congrats :) how long did the interview take?

TheProfessorsWife

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012
Med's Done....
June 8,2011
Hi Everyone,
It has been a while since I've posted, but I've been keeping up on the thread. Congratulations to everyone who's received good news!
I just wanted to go a head and let you all know that I checked my status online today and for the first time I had acknowledgement of my application!

"We received your application for permanent residence on October 4, 2011."

Yay!!! Does this mean I'm on the road for review?!?

:D :D :D :D :D

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TheProfessorsWife said:
Hi Everyone,
It has been a while since I've posted, but I've been keeping up on the thread. Congratulations to everyone who's received good news!
I just wanted to go a head and let you all know that I checked my status online today and for the first time I had acknowledgement of my application!

"We received your application for permanent residence on October 4, 2011."

Yay!!! Does this mean I'm on the road for review?!?

:D :D :D :D :D
hopefully :D , but ours was like that for 9 months

TCZQUEEN

Jun 1, 2012
Hey guys Congrats for those who are getting the responses and goo luck to those who are waiting.

Today i got the mail with Open work permit & AIP ( I applied Work permit at same time for PR )

Now just hoping to get the 2nd stage approval done as quickly as possible .

Application received- July 26 2011

AIP & WP - 13th June 2012

2nd stage - ???????

Has Any body from late or Mid July got there 2nd stage approval ?

TheProfessorsWife

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012
Med's Done....
June 8,2011
sluma said:
hopefully :D , but ours was like that for 9 months
Thanks Sluma! I hope it isn't like that for 9 months!! Either way, I'm happy to see that there is actually acknowledgement of the application!

I've got a few questions. Does the Open Work Permit usually come when they begin processing the application or is it sent when stage 1 is approved? ....I'm itching to start working!! \
Also, can I apply for insurance once I get the letter in the mail from Vegreville saying they have my application or do I have to wait until the first stage of approval for that too?

Best of luck!!
8)

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
TheProfessorsWife said:
Thanks Sluma! I hope it isn't like that for 9 months!! Either way, I'm happy to see that there is actually acknowledgement of the application!

I've got a few questions. Does the Open Work Permit usually come when they begin processing the application or is it sent when stage 1 is approved? ....I'm itching to start working!! \
Also, can I apply for insurance once I get the letter in the mail from Vegreville saying they have my application or do I have to wait until the first stage of approval for that too?

Best of luck!!
8)
The open work permit will send you together with the 1st stage approval.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
mariela11 said:
Hi Guys,
Today I landed in Etobicoke! It was very fast and I got my SIN too. After that I went to Islington and Bloor to Service Ontario to do my OHIP, you need all the documents plus an extra document to support your identity (any bill in your name)
Now I just have to wait for all my cards! hahaha
SOOOO HAPPY :D
So happy to hear that! Congrats! So how did it go? What question they ask u?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What it means is that ur awesome! Keep smiling!!!

TheProfessorsWife

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012
Med's Done....
June 8,2011

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got an email today stating they have received our application :) and my client Id #

kamiro

Apr 25, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TCZQUEEN said:
Hey guys Congrats for those who are getting the responses and goo luck to those who are waiting.

Today i got the mail with Open work permit & AIP ( I applied Work permit at same time for PR )

Now just hoping to get the 2nd stage approval done as quickly as possible .

Application received- July 26 2011

AIP & WP - 13th June 2012

2nd stage - ???????

Has Any body from late or Mid July got there 2nd stage approval ?
Our application was received July 15, 2011. We just landed today! The landing "interview" was about an hour-ish. They go through a boring lecture on basics of travelling with a PR Card (and how you have to get a travel document from a consulate without). In BC they had representatives from Mosaic offering services to new comers (but you have to ask about the services which I didn't really find helpful). By the way, there is a golden year of 1 year from the date of PR that you are eligible for many new comer programs like English classes (or French classes) thats not dependant on if you're in a French or English part of the country. Really cool for those that are arriving without an official language as well as those that are and wish to learn a second one.

TheProfessorsWife said:

Best of luck!!
8)
I believe the OWP is sent out about the same time as the AIP. Our OWP was issued the same day as our AIP, but we received the OWP one day before in the mail.

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
xxpazaway said:
So happy to hear that! Congrats! So how did it go? What question they ask u?
^

during landing interview,they will ask you to sit in the seat number that they gave in the letter because your landing confirmation of permanent residence was there in the seat for you..then they will ask you to check every details,then they will check the picture one by one,watched some video regarding you as a permanent residence then the officer will ask you if you commit criminal offense here or outside Canada,then if dependants on list are correct or if you have other dependant that you didnt report there,thats it then you will sign it in front of the officer..

dawie.south.africa

Jun 14, 2012
Deutschbug said:
Dawie,

We're in a similar situation, we have a 9.5 month old and submitted our application 3 month after her birth!

What do you guys think, are we going to dip into August next with the AIPs and DMs?
Hi there,

Feels a bit better knowing you guys are in the same boat as us! When did CIC receive your appl? Any other updates on your ecas? All the best for you and your family! Hopefully one of these days we can write AIP!!!

dawie.south.africa

Jun 14, 2012
Markm said:
grats on finishing the process! Just a heads up for those who are still waiting (in BC especially) - you don't need to wait for AIP to get your MSP (provincial health plan) card. You can apply as long as you have an application in process - this will give you access to all of the walk-in clinics and hospital, and is a huge help mentally and financially- my wife got sick last year before we had the MSP, and it cost almost $800 to take her to the hospital!

Can anyone confirm this for other provinces as well?
Hi Mark,

That is awesome news for guys in BC! Do you know if it is the same for Ontario? Will sure be a huge relief if that is the case.

Good luck to all still waiting!!! And congrats to all who got their AIP and landed!