Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
arjun29 said:
yes that's exactly what i said.............but she said no that does not give you the rite to stay here....i dunno what to do....but i thought there is the new law from the minister that you can stay till its filled and processed.....i really dnt knw whats going on nd nobody has an answer for me????

"Maintaining legal status

Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. All other eligibility requirements continue to apply.

Important information. Applicants who wish to be able to continue to work and study in Canada must submit an application for extension before the work or study permit expires."

I took this from the CIC website. You do not need a visa to stay in Canada if your sponsorship INSIDE is in process, however, having a visitors visa will make your life easier as many people that work in other government sectors don't know about this. If you do not have a visa you can stay here, no problem, but you won't have any medical (in BC I don't have medical anyways) or if you want to take your drivers license they may not let you. I had a working visa but after sponsorship started I tried to renew it and was denied. It varies from case to case.

If you want to take the safe route and get your visa (I did) by all means it won't harm you in any way. I personally prefer to have that piece of paper that say I'm allowed to stay.

I hope that helps.

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cililoca said:
"Maintaining legal status

Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. All other eligibility requirements continue to apply.

Important information. Applicants who wish to be able to continue to work and study in Canada must submit an application for extension before the work or study permit expires."

I took this from the CIC website. You do not need a visa to stay in Canada if your sponsorship INSIDE is in process, however, having a visitors visa will make your life easier as many people that work in other government sectors don't know about this. If you do not have a visa you can stay here, no problem, but you won't have any medical (in BC I don't have medical anyways) or if you want to take your drivers license they may not let you. I had a working visa but after sponsorship started I tried to renew it and was denied. It varies from case to case.

If you want to take the safe route and get your visa (I did) by all means it won't harm you in any way. I personally prefer to have that piece of paper that say I'm allowed to stay.

I hope that helps.
I was also confused with how the "implied status" worked for ppl who applied inland under spouse/common-law sponsorship. But what I did, I applied for a visitor's visa before the expiry of my work permit. I also applied for a student's visa and restoration status (since I didn't receive the visitor's visa on time and I want to attend a bridging program), which they grant me after 5 months (along with the AIP) And lastly the open working permit, then the confirmation of my PR.

I think it's very important to maintain your legal status while your PR application is on process so CIC immigration will not think that the sponsorship is your last resort in staying here. And that is just my opinion.

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
no guys i have not been working or studying in canada.i had a owp before cause of my school when i filed an owp again with my spousal sponsorship i have not got a decision on that as yet.........cause they transferred my file to local office without aip...so m not working at at all....but where is the law which says i can still remain in canada thats what i want..........thats wht i have to show her tommorow because thats what she said to bring any proof to support that..........

guys pls help its really an emergency...........

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
finebaby said:
big congrats perk, bestplace and qw123....... am so happy for you all. Bestplace u already have two stages...just wait for your letters.
July people, we are already here...d waiting is almost over.I am so nervous but i blv that God who has seen us this far, will surely see us to the end of it...and we all shall make exploits and succeed in the land of canada...so let us keep on keeping on!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone :)
Just waiting for the letter. I dunno how to see different btw AIP or both stage approved.

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
Hi I am new to this site, I am in the process of completing all the forms and documents with my spouse. I am on a temporary work permit expiring September 2012, but I made plans not to work with my current employer. What is the best thing to do with our inland application, should we apply for an open work permit, or a visit visa or just apply the sponsorship alone? Please advise as I am confused with the feedbacks on this forum.

Kidney Bean

Apr 24, 2012
arjun29 said:
no guys i have not been working or studying in canada.i had a owp before cause of my school when i filed an owp again with my spousal sponsorship i have not got a decision on that as yet.........cause they transferred my file to local office without aip...so m not working at at all....but where is the law which says i can still remain in canada thats what i want..........thats wht i have to show her tommorow because thats what she said to bring any proof to support that..........

guys pls help its really an emergency...........
arjun29,
I will make a photo copy of this cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
and explain to her that you are allowed to stay in the country legally while your application is being processed.
Also, just in case you want to extend / apply for a visa, here is the link cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp
In my case, my lawer advised me to get a visitor visa even though I have an implied status, that would prevent confusion like this happen.
Hope that helps and best of luck!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
perk said:
Just checked Ecas it says a desision has been made! Nothing else but that is a start...
Congrats to you and all who recieved their approval....... Smell August time!!!!!!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
mariela11 said:
I'm going crazyyyyy
I'm from the same date as Perk, but my Ecas isnt showing any change and I called CIC and they said I need to wait some more time...
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :( :( :mad:

this is soooo difficult
[/quote

Bare with them, soon you'll get it..... Chaaaayoooo!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
darwinwap said:
Hi I am new to this site, I am in the process of completing all the forms and documents with my spouse. I am on a temporary work permit expiring September 2012, but I made plans not to work with my current employer. What is the best thing to do with our inland application, should we apply for an open work permit, or a visit visa or just apply the sponsorship alone? Please advise as I am confused with the feedbacks on this forum.
Well, if you do not care working or making money. that`s fine. You can do the following:

-apply inland sponsorship with OWP app at same time and send it out. do everything like background and so on...except medical..do your medical 3-4 months after you sent out your application.

-then wait until your temporary status is due to expire like within 60 days before expiration, apply for visitor record. and keep renewing that visitor record as long as or as many times as it takes until the process is over.

just remember you must no leave the country.
you must not work with no auth

This is your best bet

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After reading the few posts about extending the status as a visitor and not assuming that implied status will be good enough, I logged in to check my wife's application status and found a fantastic surprise!!!!

We received your application for permanent residence on July 12, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 25, 2011.

We returned your application with a letter on July 26, 2011. You may re-apply or resubmit your application when the information requested is provided. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on May 30, 2012 to XXXXXXXXXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please

Thank god!! :D

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
I don't want to confuse anyone but If I recall what the agent told me back in january when I was asking if I should worry about the visitor status of my wife ending march 1st :
"Since you also applied for OWP with your PR demand before her visitor 6 months expiration happened, she will be considered in implied status as long as no date limit was written or stamped in her passport."
It seems it is the OWP demand send at the same time as the PR demand and not the PR application itself that gives the imply status.
To keep a legal status for the sponsored person seems necessary while a sponsor can sponsor a person even if that person has no legal status...To have the right to stay in Canada is different than the right to be sponsored.
Easy to be confused but seems like 2 different things...

weerth

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
21-05-2013
Hi guys,

So, I finally got my Work Permit on the email this morning. YAY!

Is it strange that I didn´t get any other letter? Just the OWP?

My e-CAS says:

We received your application for permanent residence on July 8, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 22, 2011.

What does it mean?

Thanks everybody!

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
weerth said:
Hi guys,

So, I finally got my Work Permit on the email this morning. YAY!

Is it strange that I didn´t get any other letter? Just the OWP?

My e-CAS says:

We received your application for permanent residence on July 8, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 22, 2011.

What does it mean?

Thanks everybody!
It means congratulations on AIP!

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
Hi everyone!

I've been following you good folks for about a month now - I sponsored my wife, from Mexico, in August 2011. Can you add our info to the chart please?

Application received: August 5th, 2011
In process: September 27th, 2011

Thanks!