Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
isnt it weird that they stopped for february applicants?
I believe they must be working on something else; such as a new reform or immigration law for sponsorships. they are working really "hard" to make the immigration system more profitable. not that I blame them but please just make it faster as well. lol ..

well patience is a virtue ,, cheers to all .

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
opekkha80 said:
I am new to this forum. Where is this front page? Thanks.
CLICK here : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-sponsership-joine-here-t91654.0.html

and

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
Fingers crossed for tomorrows jump!

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
opekkha80 said:
I am new to this forum. Where is this front page? Thanks.
Oh, didnt notice that. thats the link for front page.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/

Good luck!

heyhey1

Jan 13, 2012
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 7, 2011
AOR Received.
March 16, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: Feb 11th, 2012
Any word yet Wery,or Dorina??? Im getting antsy..LOL ;D

Dorina

Apr 5, 2011
Montreal,Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/31/2011
Interview........
March 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 21, 2012 :)
heyhey1 said:
Any word yet Wery,or Dorina??? Im getting antsy..LOL ;D

No news yet. And just checked CIC and it's still January 21st applications being worked on. Let's hope for good news next week or so.
Good luck to everyone and patience :).

Light rays

Feb 3, 2012
Hi, is it possible that there is no jump today?
I mean has this ever happened before (date of last update goes back to feb 1)

Foofy

Dec 16, 2011
Light rays said:
Hi, is it possible that there is no jump today?
I mean has this ever happened before (date of last update goes back to feb 1)
yes it has happened, they probably will update tomorrow (but possible no jump or 1 day)

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
There's not update today, maybe tomorrow... I hope.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missha said:
Guys,

I feel the pain of all of those who are waiting. I cant believe its almost a year for some people. This sucks. Seriously, its way too much of us to stay at home and do nothing esp. most of us are working professionals and stuck here due to this immigration so-called "first stage approval".

I second you, US immigration system is so much faster and better as compare to Canadians. Canada should learn something from his sister country "US".
Missha, although I sympathize with you, I disagree in that the US immigration system is faster and better than the one here in Canada. That may be partially true in certain instances, but it is not true in all cases and most certainly not overall.

We in the US - I am a US citizen - "enjoy" a questionable immigration system whose much needed overhaul has failed to pass in Congress for many consecutively years, most notably during the failed attempts of 2006 and 2007. The old system that still prevails favors family reunification over other classes, making the largest portion of new immigrants, 65% to be more precise, the dominant entrant population in the country. This was a policy that made sense in the 80s during the Reagan era, but that in modern days, 30 years later, is faulty and inconvenient specially when considering the current economic crisis.

Canada, however, has no problem in tackling the issue with decisiveness and several times in a row if needed, as it happened in 2010 with Bill C-11, and will most likely repeat in the months to come according to Ministry Kenney. By the way, have you ever asked yourself why there is no Citizenship and Immigration Minister in the US? That`s right buddy, because immigration is NOT a federal priority there as it is here in Canada. About that, there is not only a clear Federal interest in bringing qualified newcomers, but there is also a similar and much more flexible formula at the Provincial level.

Furthermore, the Canadian system is undoubtedly better in that it encourages and facilitates the arrival of qualified immigrants, which makes up the largest percentage of new PRs in the country. By doing this the gov. not only guarantees that newcomers are productive and contributing members of society, but also, and quite intelligently, helps reduce the steadily increasing decline of qualified labor because of the continuous retirement of baby-boomers.

Additionally, multiculturalism an immigration are social phenomenons widely accepted by Canadian society as positive to the economy and the social make up of the country, whereas in the US it is the absolute opposite. In Canada this has to do to a large extent with the many government-guided policies and regulations of a system that welcomes new immigrants, which does not happen in the US.

In terms of processing times, in the US family based sponsorships may take anything from 4 to 18 months, depending on the processing center where the petition is filed. For instance, Vermont today is working on I-485s received on July 2011, while Missouri is a total mystery and cases can take a long time to get finalized, not much different than Vegreville.

Immigration-wise the US has lots to learn from Canada, which does not mean that there are not many, many things Canadians could learn from Americans in a number of areas!!! That said, as an American citizen and Canadian resident - and very soon to become Canadian citizen - I am very much aware of the differences and advantages of living in either country, and have to admit that I am grateful with Canada for what it offers to newcomers like yourself and my wife, whom I successfully sponsored to become a Canadian resident.

Cheers

S. :)

P.S.: I still believe that there is no better city in the world than New York City, and plan to move back there sometime in the next 5 to 8 years. In the meantime, God bless Canada as much as the US, I say!! :)

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Serendipity said:
Missha, although I sympathize with you, I disagree in that the US immigration system is faster and better than the one here in Canada.

Cheers

S. :)

P.S.: I still believe that there is no better city in the world than New York City, and plan to move back there sometime in the next 5 to 8 years. In the meantime, God bless Canada as much as the US, I say!! :)
Excellent written explanation... you taught me a few things I didnt know about US immigration... I love NYC also, and I do believe that is one of the most fascinating cities in the world (better than Paris, and Madrid or Rome), but you cannot forget Montréal, small but intensely charming with its French and cuisine!

heyhey1

Jan 13, 2012
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 7, 2011
AOR Received.
March 16, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: Feb 11th, 2012
canadiancitizen said:
Excellent written explanation... you taught me a few things I didnt know about US immigration... I love NYC also, and I do believe that is one of the most fascinating cities in the world (better than Paris, and Madrid or Rome), but you cannot forget Montréal, small but intensely charming with its French and cuisine!
NY the greatest city??? :eek: TOO MANY WEIRDOS AND OVER CROWDED I Take it you never been to South Bend, Indiana, a far better place. ;D LOL (just being funny)