Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Zoekitkat said:
Feel kind of stupid, but I realized that I had a client number and that I could check my ecas. So after 355 days of waiting with no news I finally open my eyes and got curious. So here is the summary of my timeline:

Application send, January 28, 2011
Application received, January 31, 2011 (I am really sorry missha to make you update my timeline so many times)
Application in process, March 10, 2011.

Now here is what my ecas says:
We received your application for permanent residence on January 31, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 10, 2011.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

How long after the DM do you get the brown envelop?

Cheers.
I have seen people getting within a week or so. Some got in 3 days.. Congrats on getting your first stage approved :)

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
CheshireCats said:
My husband just had his done last week in Chatham Ontario, and it was 150.00 for the doctor, 60 for all the blood and xrays. In total approx 210.00. They say that all the docs you can find on the CIC website all charge the same as per a guideline... :)
Yeah, thats decent. Well, ure in 2012 also..they might have increased the price... :p

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
604gtir said:
So we have an interview on January 23rd, it says to bring any documents relating to marital status. Since we're common law, do I just bring the form we had notarized? What Kind of questions can we expect at the Interview?
Also we have to pay 490$ fee for the right of permanent residence.

Also I'm not familiar with the steps remaining to Permanent Residence.
After the interview, what happens? (we sent in an OWP app with the original application)

So excited, gotta go ask the boss for time off!
Which office are you landing in?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
taradil said:
So today was the day, last week i got a letter from Cic hamilton, informing me of my appointment for today at 9:30 .
in the morning, we stopped for a nice morning tim coffee.
when we arrived we took our number and we were called five minutes later to pay the RPRF , i had the certified cheque ready.
half an hour later, we were called to an office where we were greeted by a really nice lady , first thing she said was congratulations on your PR, my wife and I felt relieved when we heard that.
she asked for my passport, photos and my wife's Id.
She checked the picture measurements , and to my surprise they were the wrong size. what a bummer :(
then she asked me to check the confirmation of the permanent residence form, another bummer :( there was a mistake , i had to get another passport cause my old one expired ,so for the first date of entry to canada instead of putting Sept15,2005 they put the date the passport was issued Apr20,2010. she said it has to be fixed right away other ways that would affect my canadian pension plan and other stuff related to that ( i have been working in canada since my arrival date ( sept 2005).
after i heard those two problems , i was getting myself psychologically to hear here are your documents we will book you another appointment with the next months.
she said if you can get the pictures done , i will fix the mistake on the confirmation as soon as possible today, fortunatetly jackson square mall is next door, i rushed to get the new pictures taken at the same photography store. for free since it was their mistake .
that was done in 15 min, we rushed back ,waited unpatientley till we were called back to her office , the confirmation mistake was corrected.
was asked to check it again, signed and put my intials on it and it was all done.
i was told i ll get my PR card by mail in 7 to 8 week, outside in waiting area i was called to get my SIN number renewed, i got a new one with out the limitation of number 9.
time to celebrate , we went to a nice restaurant in town , had a nice lunch. and chatted about future plans.
i wish you guys good luck, and congratulations to all january application who got the positive answer from cic.
which office you landed?

Zoekitkat

Jan 9, 2012
missha said:
I have seen people getting within a week or so. Some got in 3 days.. Congrats on getting your first stage approved :)
Olala a week... :D that just made my heart jump!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Thank you so much missha for replying. You are so present and helpful on this forum it makes a real difference.

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
Hello everyone. \

Does anyone know how long it takes to have an interview after an application is transfered to a local office (Montreal) ?

Thank You.

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
I have a question about AOR. i didn't know what it meant until tday but does everybody receive this? I havent received any acknowledgment as yet. They received my application on march 17...that is what ecas shows.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Zoekitkat said:
Olala a week... :D that just made my heart jump!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Thank you so much missha for replying. You are so present and helpful on this forum it makes a real difference.
Thats so nice of u to say...my heart would jump to when i get to hear for mine. Hve u applied for owp with apolication?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Inlandme said:
I have a question about AOR. i didn't know what it meant until tday but does everybody receive this? I havent received any acknowledgment as yet. They received my application on march 17...that is what ecas shows.
There is no Aor for inland. The acknowledgement is either thru client id or when cic receive ur package in mail n signed.

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
Oh alright then i dont have to worry. Thanks missha!

604gtir

Nov 16, 2011
missha said:
Which office are you landing in?
Not sure what DM stands for but this is what our letter says

suite 200 877 expo blvd
vancouver, BC

you have been scheduled to appear for an interview an to receive your confirmation of permanent residence document on Jan 23, 2012 at XXXPM at the above location:

bring:
passport
current immigration status document (i'm assuming student visa, which she was last on before implied status)
interpreter if required
two photos
sponsor

original documents relating to marital status

taoqi

Jan 19, 2012
lyrical said:
Hello everyone. \

Does anyone know how long it takes to have an interview after an application is transfered to a local office (Montreal) ?

Thank You.
First, you will get first DM, after 1 month you will have an interview in local office (Montreal) , after 1 month you will get landing paper.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
604gtir said:
Not sure what DM stands for but this is what our letter says

suite 200 877 expo blvd
vancouver, BC

you have been scheduled to appear for an interview an to receive your confirmation of permanent residence document on Jan 23, 2012 at XXXPM at the above location:

bring:
passport
current immigration status document (i'm assuming student visa, which she was last on before implied status)
interpreter if required
two photos
sponsor

original documents relating to marital status
Dear God, that's today!!! You broke all records with this one!!! We are very happy for you :)

S. :)

604gtir

Nov 16, 2011
Serendipity said:
Dear God, that's today!!! You broke all records with this one!!! We are very happy for you :)

S. :)
yah pretty crazy, the letter was dated jan 19th too. lucky my work is flexible and i can take time off pretty much anytime.

i'll share how i put together my app package after we get back, i dont know if it influenced our decision.

newCanuck

Jun 24, 2011
Richmond, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ECAS UPDATED to DM!

We received your application for permanent residence on January 31, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 9, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on January 20, 2012