+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

MrMass

Nov 26, 2011
Canadagirl85
You haven't offended anyone, it's just that people get easily offended for no reason.
Everyone that has written something that talks about the bad side of having to wait or something that may upset them, has always said "we congratulate the people that received their AIP but clearly we're frustrated at the situation" (something along those lines).

We only wish it was us that was part of those lucky few, and clearly we're only annoyed at our personal situations. Clearly the fact that in some cases we're at the 11month stage, it gets a bit much. It's just a hard pill to swallow but I'm extremely happy for those few.

This doesn't mean we can't question what's happening around us, we do live in a country where there civil liberties such as "freedom of speech". I'm not out here to offend but simply talk.

Hopefully we all get answers soon. ;)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
3 people got AIP. That is great. But, who knows how long stage 2 is going to take for them? Maybe they are trying a different method by giving AIP so people can work while waiting. It is torturous for people to sit around and wait and not bringing in any cash. Life is already hard these days.

Who knows!

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This waiting is very annoying, i just got a job offer but i can not take it as am not allowed to work under implied status!very sad! ???
Hope things will get better and we should definitely find out why some people got their AIP so quickly!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let me start by saying that I 100% agree that I have no idea what is going on at CIC right now. Yes they are all over they place, yes they have no idea what they are saying and yes, I even agree that it is completely unfair that some July people have already been granted AIP.

But lately every time I come online I feel as if I am being persecuted for the one time in my life that I have had a stroke of good luck. I don't know why it has happened, but it has. No, I don't know anyone at CIC and who knows, maybe I have to wait 2 years to get full PR, but there it is. I really do feel for everyone else, but I don't feel like I should have to justify myself to everyone here for something that wasn't my fault.

I am bowing out of the forum! I wish good luck to you all and god speed!

Angtao, I'm so sorry, I would of happily updated the list till the last person had landed, but I don't feel welcome here anymore. If anyone has gmail and would like to take over the list, let me know and I will sign it over to you. Otherwise, Angtao, it's your baby again!

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
dawnng said:
Hi,

I'm completely new to this thread. I have some questions and hope someone would be able to advise me.

I'm from Singapore and at present visiting my husband who is a Canadian. We were married by law in Singapore in Feb 2011 and we will be going through a customary wedding ceremony in Feb 2012. My husband would like to sponsor me as a PR in Canada (it doesn't make sense for us to be living seperately or me flying in and out once every 6 months).

I have read in other threads that the wait for applications going through the Singapore VO is extremely loooooooooooong and therefore we would like to consider applying for the sponsorship for PR when we are back in Canada in Mar or Apr 2012. Which means, our application would be an Inland Application.

Our concern, if we apply while I continue to stay here from Apr onwards - which means I would only have 6 months to wait for the result of the application, what should I do when my validity of stay here as a visitor expires and there is still no news on our application (understand that Inland Application can take ages too!). Do I apply to extend my stay as a visitor or they will allow me to continue staying till I have news of the application? I have already extended once this year, so do they allow me to extend again when we are back in Apr?

Some say that Outland Application is faster but I noticed that the processing time for Singapore is 22 months! If we apply outland, can I still visit my husband and stay in Canada and if I have news or result of my application fly back to Singapore? Not sure how or which way is the best option for us.

Can someone advice?
Hi dawnng,

Welcome to Inland 2011 thread.

I would suggest you applying inland if you have an option. 22 months is a long process and be apart from your husband and be back and forth from Singapore to Canada might be financially hard as well. Provided if you have a visitor visa of 2 years or more.

One you apply immigration along with your OWP application, then you are automatically turned into implied status from visitor. Or you can apply for extension of the visa as well which is not that hard to get. Having the extension of the visa can give you the advantage to apply for drivers lincense in Canada and in case if you have to show your legal status on paper, you could do that.

Yes they would easily let you extend the visa despite the fact you had already gotten one earlier.

If you have more questions, let us know, we are here to support each others :)

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Angus said:
Let me start by saying that I 100% agree that I have no idea what is going on at CIC right now. Yes they are all over they place, yes they have no idea what they are saying and yes, I even agree that it is completely unfair that some July people have already been granted AIP.

But lately every time I come online I feel as if I am being persecuted for the one time in my life that I have had a stroke of good luck. I don't know why it has happened, but it has. No, I don't know anyone at CIC and who knows, maybe I have to wait 2 years to get full PR, but there it is. I really do feel for everyone else, but I don't feel like I should have to justify myself to everyone here for something that wasn't my fault.

Angtao, I'm so sorry, I would of happily updated the list till the last person had landed, but I don't feel welcome here anymore. If anyone has gmail and would like to take over the list, let me know and I will sign it over to you. Otherwise, Angtao, it's your baby again!
Yes Angus, I will take over the list. Since I started this forum and I kind of feel the responsibility as well.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Angus said:

Angus,

Please don't think like that. No one has issues with July peeps or they have started looking down them. Like I mentioned a couple of times, if you are in a queue and all the the sudden the last few people at the back are being called first, people who are already in the queue would definitely question and some would get pissed (but not at you).

We all do welcome you to this forum :) If this is the only reason of not doing the list, then I don't like to take over or recommend anyone to take over as well as you have been doing a good job with the list. :)

Midcityjohn

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the issue is that people in this forum are calling CIC making reference to July apps found in this forum. I'm with Angus, elements in this forum have violated trust. I defiantly wont share anymore of my intel here. New comers be warned and take notice your info is NOT safe here.

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Hi There i got update in my process today:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 10, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 23, 2011.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on December 9, 2011. The local CIC office may contact you.

I think this is not a "good news"!! What's that means?
Thank's!

MrMass

Nov 26, 2011
Midcityjohn said:
I think the issue is that people in this forum are calling CIC making reference to July apps found in this forum. I'm with Angus, elements in this forum have violated trust. I defiantly wont share anymore of my intel here. New comers be warned and take notice your info is NOT safe here.
Sorry but you're worried about people calling CIC with a reference to date of applications (there's no names here), and you're worried about your privacy. You're on a forum where there's the most traffic about Canadian immigration and you think there's no one from CIC looking at these types of discussions? Or a moderator that could be linked to the CIC? They can see your IP. They have better things to do!

Angus I think you're looking at it as if you're the victim here but really we're all extremely happy for you, like I've said we all just wish to be in your shoes. I'm not questioning you as a person, just would like to be able to discuss the process.

I think tho that we are allowed to question how it takes place,from an immigration stand point, No?

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Cangaceiro said:
Hi There i got update in my process today:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 10, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 23, 2011.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on December 9, 2011. The local CIC office may contact you.

I think this is not a "good news"!! What's that means?
Thank's!
I think it means they wanna interview you and/or your spouse for further clarification re: your relationship etc.

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
Midcityjohn said:
Just my observation.... I am not saying you are not welcome here... People here are doing fine, no negativity, having friendly discussions, helping, sharing experiences, trusting each other until you came along...

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Midcityjohn said:
No one is pushing people to share info here. If you or anyone is not interested in sharing info, then it is fine. We have no control others but us.

People did share info about July AIP and if someone questioned to CIC, then it is not a problem. They are not calling CIC to file a complain about specific person or put a halt in their application. They just want to know "Why" which is a normal reaction to me.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Greetings,

I am new here.
I am canadian born citizen and my wife is german and we went with the inland spouse sponsoring program.
I know we should not expect any first stage done before 11 or even 12 month as we are in Quebec and need the csq.
However I have a question:
Will we receive a confirmation through mail or online that our file has been physically received and officially now in the queue?
We did sent the file through registered mail and have the confirmation it was delivered, but I was wondering if we have to expect any confirmation from CIC

thank you

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
vinlander said:
Greetings,

I am new here.
I am canadian born citizen and my wife is german and we went with the inland spouse sponsoring program.
I know we should not expect any first stage done before 11 or even 12 month as we are in Quebec and need the csq.
However I have a question:
Will we receive a confirmation through mail or online that our file has been physically received and officially now in the queue?
We did sent the file through registered mail and have the confirmation it was delivered, but I was wondering if we have to expect any confirmation from CIC

thank you

Hey! My process is almost the same as you! I am canadian born citizen and my wife is German!:D From our experence when we sent in our app we didnt get any notification from CIC that they received it. We only received a notification from UPS that our package was delivered and we got the name of the person who signed for it. What company did you ship your application with?

L