Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
MrMass said:
Sorry but you're worried about people calling CIC with a reference to date of applications (there's no names here), and you're worried about your privacy. You're on a forum where there's the most traffic about Canadian immigration and you think there's no one from CIC looking at these types of discussions? Or a moderator that could be linked to the CIC? They can see your IP. They have better things to do!

Angus I think you're looking at it as if you're the victim here but really we're all extremely happy for you, like I've said we all just wish to be in your shoes. I'm not questioning you as a person, just would like to be able to discuss the process.

I think tho that we are allowed to question how it takes place,from an immigration stand point, No?

MrMass I love your posts I always seem to agree with them. So again I agree:D:-D..... after reading a lot of these posts latly i'm a bit shocked.... No one is upset that anyone got AIP early(July peeps) we are just curious as to why. Secondly there were many apps sent in July i strongly doubt CIC would know we are refering to the 3 we know about here... even if they did it would not affect your application in anyway.... No stress guys we are all in this together and need to stay strong and support each other...

Its the holiday season we should all be positive:D

L

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Canadagirl85 said:
Hey! My process is almost the same as you! I am canadian born citizen and my wife is German!:D From our experence when we sent in our app we didnt get any notification from CIC that they received it. We only received a notification from UPS that our package was delivered and we got the name of the person who signed for it. What company did you ship your application with?

L
Hey my wife just smiled reading your post and suddenly we feel less alone in our situation :)
We went with Canada Post registered mail and we got a delivery proof and signature of the person who got it at Vegreville.

cheers

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
vinlander said:
Hey my wife just smiled reading your post and suddenly we feel less alone in our situation :)
We went with Canada Post registered mail and we got a delivery proof and signature of the person who got it at Vegreville.

cheers
Aww ya that is awesome to hear! Your no alone thats for sure:) Wooo:D Awsome :) Glad they received it! If you post when your application was received someone from this thread will add you to our list! :D.

L

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Schillachi said:
Maybe too with the July applicants is../ they just implemented this new bar-code systems, so they tested them right away (beta testing, to see if the system could work)

As for calling CIC, I really don't think that will help any, I can testify that I know 2 people that has permanent residence in far less than the timeline predicted by CIC call center or website. I think of course call agents know of fast approving situations but maybe are bound by job to only state info on website, beside its being recorded and monitored so they don't want to loose their job. Correction I know 3 PR holders in less the timeline stated, here is a little proof it happens but a call agent will never admit it, PR in less than 1 month.

http://www.coastreporter.net/article/20110701/SECHELT0101/307019972/-1/sechelt/sechelt-doctor-gets-back-to-work
I totally agree with you, and Im happy to hear t hese good news, my friend also got AIP and OWP in October and he applied in April 2011... and I have never doubt about it or think that he will be lying to us... he already have found a job and Im so happy for him... My husband received his QSC certificate and pretty soon he should received decision made and OWP... and trust me 2012 is going to be fast for all of us...

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Angus said:
Let me start by saying that I 100% agree that I have no idea what is going on at CIC right now. Yes they are all over they place, yes they have no idea what they are saying and yes, I even agree that it is completely unfair that some July people have already been granted AIP.

But lately every time I come online I feel as if I am being persecuted for the one time in my life that I have had a stroke of good luck. I don't know why it has happened, but it has. No, I don't know anyone at CIC and who knows, maybe I have to wait 2 years to get full PR, but there it is. I really do feel for everyone else, but I don't feel like I should have to justify myself to everyone here for something that wasn't my fault.

I am bowing out of the forum! I wish good luck to you all and god speed!

Angtao, I'm so sorry, I would of happily updated the list till the last person had landed, but I don't feel welcome here anymore. If anyone has gmail and would like to take over the list, let me know and I will sign it over to you. Otherwise, Angtao, it's your baby again!
Angus... you are SO WELCOME HERE.. please dont get upset... We are all in the same boat... this is it... is time for the 2011 INLANDERS... and that include you as well ok ;-)

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
canadiancitizen said:
Angus... you are SO WELCOME HERE.. please dont get upset... We are all in the same boat... this is it... is time for the 2011 INLANDERS... and that include you as well ok ;-)
Yes CanadianCitizen. Its time for 2011. Btw, have you guys found out about FOSS notes?

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
Canadagirl85 said:
Hey! My process is almost the same as you! I am canadian born citizen and my wife is German!:D
=
I'm in the same boat with you and vinlander, yay! I'm actually the German wife of a Canadian born citizen. I hate the waiting. I wish there was a local self-help group or something I could join. It's only been a week, and I'm going crazy already. I just feel so stressed out about the whole process.

MrMass

Nov 26, 2011
Deutschbug said:
I'm in the same boat with you and vinlander, yay! I'm actually the German wife of a Canadian born citizen. I hate the waiting. I wish there was a local self-help group or something I could join. It's only been a week, and I'm going crazy already. I just feel so stressed out about the whole process.
It's extremely stressful but unfortunately this is the system and you have to remind yourself every day that you're not alone. You have to do stuff to keep your mind off the application. I've been in the process now for 11 months and I'm hoping that it will be over soon.

Pick up a hobbie and do something relaxing but you can't focus on it, especially at the early stages or by the end of it you'll want someone's head on a plater.

The one piece of important advise I have to give is, always remember the end result, love your husband as much as you can and don't let the process take anything away from you two. Your happiness shouldn't be affected by paper work. Going throught something like this should only make your relationship stronger.

Trust me I know it's hard to stay positive in these kinds of situation but you have to rely on your significant other for support.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Our second applicant of 2011, Cangaceiro , file got transferred to local office. Should he order foss notes or what?

Junglist82

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
Hey everyone. I called CIC this morning and they told me that my app got approved. They have sent out my approval letter with my OWP. I was so shocked that they sent out my OWP cuz I forgot to attach it to my pr application. I sent it weeks after. So she said that I should receive my letter this week or next week latest.

I pray that everyone gets approved soon. Just remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
Junglist82 said:
Hey everyone. I called CIC this morning and they told me that my app got approved. They have sent out my approval letter with my OWP. I was so shocked that they sent out my OWP cuz I forgot to attach it to my pr application. I sent it weeks after. So she said that I should receive my letter this week or next week latest.

I pray that everyone gets approved soon. Just remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
What a great Christmas gift, congratulations!

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Junglist82 said:

IM so happy for you... congratulations to you and family...Merry Christmas!!!!

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
MrMass said:
It's extremely stressful but unfortunately this is the system and you have to remind yourself every day that you're not alone. You have to do stuff to keep your mind off the application. I've been in the process now for 11 months and I'm hoping that it will be over soon.

Pick up a hobbie and do something relaxing but you can't focus on it, especially at the early stages or by the end of it you'll want someone's head on a plater.

The one piece of important advise I have to give is, always remember the end result, love your husband as much as you can and don't let the process take anything away from you two. Your happiness shouldn't be affected by paper work. Going throught something like this should only make your relationship stronger.

Trust me I know it's hard to stay positive in these kinds of situation but you have to rely on your significant other for support.
Thank goodness I have several time consuming hobbies (knitting, quilting) and a young baby, so I'm planning on just focusing on that during the waiting period. I'm just not a very patient person, and I tend to worry about things. I'm still working for a few months anyway, so that's good. What worries me most is the waste of money to sustain ourselves if I'm out of work for a prolonged period of time. I hate even just thinking about that. I've had my own income for all my adult life- I'm just not used to sitting around doing nothin' that brings in money simply because I'm not ALLOWED to. That's really pissing me off most, because to me, it also feels like a punishment for the Canadian sponsor and the involved children- I will be the parasite of my own family! At least we're all in the same boat and can cheer each other up.

My biggest fear right now is that the application gets forwarded to a local office for whatever reason and that it then takes forever and a day to be processed. Now that would suck balls. We'll probably make to for a year or so, but I REALLY wouldn't want to be in the waiting game for any longer than that.

Luckily, my husband is the exact opposite of me, but it does put a strain on our relationship, because I'm very ambitious and always making plans and have to have everything organized to the T, while he is more the "what's done is done" type of person, and has no issues to just sit around and wait. Lol, I wish it was the other way around, me sponsoring him!

nat_varcor

Dec 12, 2011
supporting each other

Hello 2011 applicants

It has been 9 months since I sent my application, the waiting has been long but now getting so close to the timelines I am getting anxious.

has someone in the forum had a baby or pregnant during application? anyone knows if that can slow down the prossesing time?

Happy holidays!!!

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Congrats to Junglist82, the first 2011 applicant went through the process with regular time line.

Angus, you're the most supportive peep in this thread. Please stay around and join with us.
I love your new excel file and I know how responsible you are by the work. Glad to have you around.

Berber_amazigh said:
This waiting is very annoying, i just got a job offer but i can not take it as am not allowed to work under implied status!very sad! ???
Hope things will get better and we should definitely find out why some people got their AIP so quickly!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
If you have a job offer, try to ask if the company can give you LMO. You may apply for a work permit and take the job during waiting time.
Who knows, LMO is extremely hard to get, but in 100 times we try, we may get luck once. I'm trying it every day.

dawnng said:
Hi,

I'm completely new to this thread. I have some questions and hope someone would be able to advise me.

I'm from Singapore and at present visiting my husband who is a Canadian. We were married by law in Singapore in Feb 2011 and we will be going through a customary wedding ceremony in Feb 2012. My husband would like to sponsor me as a PR in Canada (it doesn't make sense for us to be living seperately or me flying in and out once every 6 months).

I have read in other threads that the wait for applications going through the Singapore VO is extremely loooooooooooong and therefore we would like to consider applying for the sponsorship for PR when we are back in Canada in Mar or Apr 2012. Which means, our application would be an Inland Application.

Our concern, if we apply while I continue to stay here from Apr onwards - which means I would only have 6 months to wait for the result of the application, what should I do when my validity of stay here as a visitor expires and there is still no news on our application (understand that Inland Application can take ages too!). Do I apply to extend my stay as a visitor or they will allow me to continue staying till I have news of the application? I have already extended once this year, so do they allow me to extend again when we are back in Apr?

Some say that Outland Application is faster but I noticed that the processing time for Singapore is 22 months! If we apply outland, can I still visit my husband and stay in Canada and if I have news or result of my application fly back to Singapore? Not sure how or which way is the best option for us.

Can someone advice?
I know people are advising that you shouldn't apply for a visitor visa if you are in a sponsoring process outside of Canada. CIC may concern if you really want to go back to your country after visiting or you just simply stay in Canada to wait for your immigration process. It's just an advice since I'm never it that situation, I can't tell how trust worthy it is though.

Even you're accepted to have "implied" status during waiting time of inland sponsoring, you still should extend your legal status as long as you can do that. A legal status is important sometimes, at least it makes us feel safer ourselves.

vinlander said:
Greetings,

I am new here.
I am canadian born citizen and my wife is german and we went with the inland spouse sponsoring program.
I know we should not expect any first stage done before 11 or even 12 month as we are in Quebec and need the csq.
However I have a question:
Will we receive a confirmation through mail or online that our file has been physically received and officially now in the queue?
We did sent the file through registered mail and have the confirmation it was delivered, but I was wondering if we have to expect any confirmation from CIC

thank you
I think the only way you know if they start opening your app. (before AIP) is logging to eCas. However, some people in 2010 thread said that they couldn't even log into eCas after 9 months. So, if you still cannot log into eCas after waiting that long, you may call CIC to make it clear.
We didn't receive any confirmation from CIC that the file physically arrived CIC office except the signature showed under shipping couriers.

Cangaceiro, your file got transferred to local office without the decision made. That means you will wait for the interview. And mostly they will expect to verify your relationship (as I learned from thread 2010). You should gather all evidence and get ready for it. You may order Foss notes but it will take time though. If you start ordering Foss notes now, you may have it before the interview. They said Foss note is very hard to read and understand, but who knows if you can get some hints from it.

Everyone, how are you preparing for Xmas holiday? Any tree is up yet? It's nice to c ur Xmas trees here. Fell free to share the holiday atmosphere everyone.