+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
hello everyone, I just gave birth to my son 16 days ago. my inland application is in process. should I let them (immigration) know that I already had my little one?

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like no update today either...

nilyam - I think I read somewhere else that you just need to send in a copy of the birth certificate and have them add it to your file.

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
Dear inlanders,

Just wondering how long would it take for me to hear from CIC in the case that there is something wrong with the forms I submitted and they need to get my application package back to me to fill the correct forms?

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
SMA.DE said:
Just wondering how long would it take for me to hear from CIC in the case that there is something wrong with the forms I submitted and they need to get my application package back to me to fill the correct forms?
SMA.DE: I guess it depends on which part of your application process they're working on that requires updates or clarification on missing / unclear information from you. I received a letter from them in mid October asking for updates about my (Applicant) information (i.e. employment history, address and perform any military service?: from July 2011 to present). I received the letter a week after they mailed it. Hope this help. :)

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
tinch said:
Hi there again..
still desperately hoping for a change on e-cas. Application received on July 26.
Just one thing I don't get at all: Why would the application processing times link help me to find out if it is being processed.. if they haven't even started? They might mean once it's in process.

I will try to talk to someone there. Sorry, this is not a really useful post, just a frustrated one..
tinch: I couldn't check whether my file is IN PROCESS using my (Applicant) info either. But, I asked my sponsor to get his client id from CIC, and check it for me through e-cas. Honestly, my marginal happiness for knowing my file is in process is not that high as the rule for this application is 10-11 months waiting period. Perhaps knowing it will give you some comfort. Good Luck! 8)

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
nilyam said:
hello everyone, I just gave birth to my son 16 days ago. my inland application is in process. should I let them (immigration) know that I already had my little one?

Congratulations nilyam !

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Last update: November 16, 2011 (working on applications received on December 5, 2010)

tinch

Nov 9, 2011
ilovecanada4ever said:
tinch: I couldn't check whether my file is IN PROCESS using my (Applicant) info either. But, I asked my sponsor to get his client id from CIC, and check it for me through e-cas. Honestly, my marginal happiness for knowing my file is in process is not that high as the rule for this application is 10-11 months waiting period. Perhaps knowing it will give you some comfort. Good Luck! 8)
Thanks for that information! I will try that. And yes, 10-11 months..outrageous.. Let's hope it'll speed up!

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice little jump today to Dec 5, 2010...but I had no idea CIC received applications on Sundays :p

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
I kind a figure the reason that two 2011 applicants got their AIP early and way ahead of other 2011 applicants.. People applying for PR in the province of Quebec have a different processing treatment.. Quebec has different processing times and even the some of the forms to fill up is different. Maybe am wrong or maybe true.. I'll check the PR application guide again..

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

Winter is here! This waiting game is driving me nuts ;D! We submitted our application September 26th... No news since then, except a confirmation from canada post website using expresspost tracking#! No e-cas, none on automated phone service yet and called CIC twice since then, agents have the same answer, wait another 2months before you can log in or even find out if they received it! My husband's is going crazy... but he's trying to be patient. Anyone here wants to share what to do while waiting, read some post about going to English class, he speaks pretty decent English but more lessons probably won't hurt. He was thinking of volunteering? Can he do that? We know the wait is going to be painful but we'd rather be together and wait than be apart again! It's NOT fun at all that's why we did Inland Application. I work crazy hours but always nice to come home and cuddle with my hubby! Anyone here applied around the same time? Any updates? Goodluck to all of us and keep posting updates coz it definitely inspires us!

Cheers!

Kochanie

Schillachi

Oct 30, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011
Strange too (ilovecanadaforever)

Yesterday I received a letter from CIC.... they wanted an update on if I am in any organisation or performed any military services from the day i filed application to present

Update on address from time I filed application till present

Never the less I sent information in less than 24hr since I received letter, but I wonder whats up?????????????

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi kochanie! Welcome to the forum. Would you mind if I add you to our tracking sheet? (found at the bottom of my signature).

If so, was September 26 the day Canada post confirmed delivery of your application?

During the waiting time I've been lucky enough to work. I've already been in Canada 6 years on working visas, so it hasn't been too different for me. As for volunteering, I'm not 100% sure. I don't think he can do anything that would give him an employment advantage, such as volunteer office work etc., but I'm not sure about anything else. I volunteer at a wildlife centre every Saturday morning, but they need you to be covered by medical insurance. But if he is covered, then I can't see why he can't do something like that or with the SPCA walking dogs or cuddling cats?!?

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Schillachi said:
Strange too (ilovecanadaforever)

Yesterday I received a letter from CIC.... they wanted an update on if I am in any organisation or performed any military services from the day i filed application to present

Update on address from time I filed application till present

Never the less I sent information in less than 24hr since I received letter, but I wonder whats up?????????????
When completing your application, for all those details, what did you write in the "To" date? Did you type in a date or did you just write "Present" in after it was printed?

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Angus said:
Hi kochanie! Welcome to the forum. Would you mind if I add you to our tracking sheet? (found at the bottom of my signature).

If so, was September 26 the day Canada post confirmed delivery of your application?

During the waiting time I've been lucky enough to work. I've already been in Canada 6 years on working visas, so it hasn't been too different for me. As for volunteering, I'm not 100% sure. I don't think he can do anything that would give him an employment advantage, such as volunteer office work etc., but I'm not sure about anything else. I volunteer at a wildlife centre every Saturday morning, but they need you to be covered by medical insurance. But if he is covered, then I can't see why he can't do something like that or with the SPCA walking dogs or cuddling cats?!?
Sure Angus! Please add us! And thanks for your response:) We mailed the application September 26 and Canada post confirmation says was received/signed September 28. We want to know if the application is in the hand of CIC for sure that's we called twice but apparently have to wait at least 2-3months! To give you a brief background of his status: He had a work permit for 2years, went back to home country before WP expires last year and came back here this year to visit , he's on a visitor's status when we applied. He's from a visa exempt country but to be sure we applied for visitor's extension. He has private health insurance now since his provincial health expired and can't renew until he gets a status. He's quite bored which I understand. We'll look into volunteering job.

Thanks again!