Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
angtao said:
Personally I used an immigration consultant and honestly, I could not have done it without him. It is not that easy to fill out the forms. There are so many little things you need to know and he gave me so many pointers on how we can make our application better. I was not going to sit here day after day and go through everything with a fimne tooth comb. Now with this being said, I PRAY that we don't get transferred. I cannot wait any longer.

Now, with more important business.

We have to get Angus back. Who is with me? Say I! If you want Angus back just add your name:

People who want Angus to come back chart:

angtao
How much the consultant charge, Antago?

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
MrMass said:
The lawyers usually charge around 3000$ to 6000$ CND.
For immigration consultant I paid 1600 can

Naz

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
I looked at the chart and wondered if these people got any update from eCas. They're all Sep and earlier applicants.
irishred
tinch
patrick91
AAL1984
nazam80
cari04
raabhim
kochanie

I'm Oct applicant so I really want to see the update from previous people to expect when I should see the new update.
If you are around, could you please update us, guys?

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
I'm with you, I think Angus did the excellent job on the chart.

angtao said:
People who want Angus to come back chart:

angtao
hatrang

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
hatrang said:
I looked at the chart and wondered if these people got any update from eCas. They're all Sep and earlier applicants.
irishred
tinch
patrick91
AAL1984
nazam80
cari04
raabhim
kochanie

I'm Oct applicant so I really want to see the update from previous people to expect when I should see the new update.
Hi I got my visitor extension however for my pr I can see on ecas that they have received application n that's it

Nazam80

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
I see that many had their medical done prior to their file sent?
They state in the documentation that we will get the instruction from CIC in time; don't we need a customer ID number anyway?

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
hatrang said:
irishred
tinch
patrick91
AAL1984
nazam80
cari04
raabhim
kochanie

No change for me. E-cas still says in process :(
Havent heard anything either

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
nazam80 said:
Hi I got my visitor extension however for my pr I can see on ecas that they have received application n that's it

Nazam80
Thanks for the update Nazam. Would you mind to let us know the date they had received your app on eCAS? We can update the chart when Angus is back.

vinlander said:
I see that many had their medical done prior to their file sent?
They state in the documentation that we will get the instruction from CIC in time; don't we need a customer ID number anyway?
I had my clientID before applying for PR. However, when I did the medical exam, the doctor didn't even ask for it. So, I'm supposed they will match by name and the medical receipts.
Doing medical exam before or after sending your app is just trade-off. If you do it first and by anyway your app requires longer than 1 year, you may have to re-do it which costs money. Some people said that if you're too close to expired date of medical check and your app. is nearly done, CIC may speed up to avoid asking you for re-doing it. However, there is no confirmation on it.
If you don't do it first, later when CIC asks for it, it costs you extra waiting time (around 3 months).
The decision is from you.

irishred said:
No change for me. E-cas still says in process :(
Havent heard anything either
Thanks for the answer irishred. I guess you will hear something around this Dec. Hope eCas will update for you before Xmas. Can't wait to see your update. ;)

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
hatrang said:
I'm with you, I think Angus did the excellent job on the chart.
Am_lina11

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hatrang said:
irishred
tinch
patrick91
AAL1984
nazam80
cari04
raabhim
kochanie

Hello Hatrang,

How are you? And I'm with you getting Angus back on the forum! So here's an update of our application:

I just got an email from CIC yesterday but I'm a little bit confused because I am the sponsor and my husband did not get any email. Any idea what this is? We still can't log in to ECAS with neither my Client ID or my husband's (he has client ID because he had work permit before). Part of the email says:

Dear (my name),

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2011/09/29.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application, blah..blah..blah..

I am a bit confused but at the same time a sigh of relief that our application actually reached CIC and not lost along the way. What does it mean though? No E cas update but on the email they also said, you can chek your application online using ECAS!

MrMass

Nov 26, 2011
So an 12 day Jump today!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! is all i can say.

I'm hoping that in the next few days to finally have AIP or at least all the people In January to start having answers.
It would be such a great holiday gift!!! Please Santa, just this once make it true!

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missha said:
Can i ask how much lawyer cost for immigration?

My quick story about this. I come from a family of lawyers so, as a natural reaction, I refused to hire an immigration consultant and went straight to a couple of full-fledged law firms in downtown Toronto. Pricing was pretty much the same with both: estimated initial cost was around $ 5,500.00 plus OTHER EXPENSES, which could have added another $ 2,500.00 to the whole thing. Ouch!

As I am a full time grad student (I am the sponsor), this wasn't a feasible option for us, so I asked my awesome brother, an American lawyer, for advice and this is what I got (not his exact words, but more or less): do not go to law firms as they will always be much more expensive for a number reasons. If what you want is a good lawyer, not just a consultant, contact an immigration attorney with a private practice in a smaller town located nearby your city. This will give you the quality you are seeking without the price tag. And what great advice this was!

Long story short, I found a well experienced immigration lawyer with a fantastic track record in London, ON, a town located 2 hours from Toronto. The guy is absolutely incredible, and the price is unreal: less than $ 1,300.00 (that is, a full-fledged immigration lawyer for less than what a consultant charges in Toronto). I've been to London ON only twice to take care of this in the last 12 months, and all communications with his office are done via email and phone, so the distance hasn't been an issue at all.

Hope this helps :)

S.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
kochanie, I'm doing well, thanks.
yeah, that's a kind of good news, finally you can tell that they touched your app.
You may log into eCas soon. Some people couldn't log into eCas for 6 months, I hope both you and me, we're not in that list ;D

Thanks MrMass for the update. I just visited it this morning and was still Dec 19, now it shows Dec 31, great jump!

Serendipity, I didn't hire any lawyer or consultant, however, your brother's advice is very helpful. Thanks for sharing. I learn more now.

viana

Feb 14, 2011
Ok guys this is my case. I applied for permanent residency once i got accepted as a protected person. app in may 2010 for pr.got first stage approval jan-2011 then on july 1st 2011 i got married.put in my spouse's add on application and sent it to immigration.2 days after went to get mail and got a letter saying my pr application was completed am to go to the mississauga office july 13th and get landed.my hubby and i went to the office and told them about my application for add on i had sent for my hubby and everything else.i was told right on i cant get landed cuz of the add on application so i wld have to wait for my hubby's too.in august we got a letter to prove our marriage is genuine bla bla sent them that recieved end of august.i later called immig and they said cuz of me,my hubby's application is in second stage automatically.now i really dont know when to start counting the 8months it takes is it from july?august?sep?worse is he cant work cuz my previous first stage approval applies to to him too so he cant get a work permit he has to wait till the 8months are up?any ideas on hw we can apply for a wp?sorry too long but thx for any help