Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
sunshine2012 said:
Dont be too disappointed for CIC, Laura. I totally understood you. When i check the forum news, and know others luck coming so fast, but not me, i got bad mood too, and it affect my life with partner. Since know our same situation, you could think that at least it isnot our problem, as like mail lost, just the CIC slow system, right? Btw, some people already shared the time of waiting to response of additional info mail in average 3 months. So u shouldnt feel too frustrated. Now there is Lab and me ahead of hurry to get news. So we will fight front of the line. haha. Wait for our news :)
WOW! I didnt know about the 3 months! I have my body all crossed right now looool Sorry but I tend to become stupid when I talk about CIC, it's just my way to avoid to lose my mind hehe

I hear you, some days I wake up in a such terrible mood that I send everyone who tries to talk to me to F.... O... but I always try to laugh about this all situation because I probably already lost my mind haha

I wish you guys the best of luck. Btw not sure if u read Lab's post but she contacted her MP. Why don't you try as well? Unless you are so lucky as me and your area doesnt have one lol

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
LauraCanada said:
I sent the additional info required on August 1st 2012 and CIC Vegreville received it on August 7th 2012. So soon it's going to be 3 months.
Since then I have been calling CIC every 3 weeks lol I cannot contact my MP as the position is vacant till new election because my previous MP had to resign few months ago - I am soooo lucky, eh? lol

I don't know what to think anymore and where to smash my head. I do understand CIC is doing its job and HAS to make sure new residents migrate to Canada in a legit way, but I have been waiting for almost 13 months and it's really frustrating. Not to mention that I and my fiance would love to get married in Barbados in April 2013, but if I am not allowed to leave Canada we have to postpone our wedding.

Once I was talking to Lab and I mentioned her I have lived in Australia for 3 years and over there Immigration is way more efficient (without any offences to CIC lol) and I got my 4 year work visa approved over night, I completed my online application at 4pm and I got the approval email at 11:30pm. I think CIC should buy from other countries (for example, Australia) their Immigration system and it would save CIC tons of money. It's crazy that in 2011 I had to sent my application via traditional mail. Think how many applications got lost over the last year!! Luckily not mine, as far as I know! lol

I applied in late Aug, 2011 and still waiting they requested a photocopy of my passport/travel document in july, 2012, I sent them the requested copy in late aug and still nothing showing on ecase. I called CIC many times and after finally getting someone he just reading me the same info as on my ecas which I can check myself. so he wouldn't even tell me if they received it or not! i told he its been a month shouldn't it at least show you received it? he basically told me he doesn't know! so I can understand the frustration.

the way of they are doing the process seems unorganized. its very hard to get to talk to someone from cic especially since they closed down local office and the only way is to reach them is to call which seems almost impossible most of the time to get someone and when we do get someone they literally give you no info or at times sounds like they have no clue or simply don't care enough to look into your file and answer a simple question such as "have you guys received the info I sent you?"

because I know there are people here that have sent the requested info but somehow the info got lost and the case took for ever.

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
kitchener_inland said:
I applied in late Aug, 2011 and still waiting they requested a photocopy of my passport/travel document in july, 2012, I sent them the requested copy in late aug and still nothing showing on ecase. I called CIC many times and after finally getting someone he just reading me the same info as on my ecas which I can check myself. so he wouldn't even tell me if they received it or not! i told he its been a month shouldn't it at least show you received it? he basically told me he doesn't know! so I can understand the frustration.

the way of they are doing the process seems unorganized. its very hard to get to talk to someone from cic especially since they closed down local office and the only way is to reach them is to call which seems almost impossible most of the time to get someone and when we do get someone they literally give you no info or at times sounds like they have no clue or simply don't care enough to look into your file and answer a simple question such as "have you guys received the info I sent you?"

because I know there are people here that have sent the requested info but somehow the info got lost and the case took for ever.
I and another member of this wonderful community were thinking to apply for a job inside CIC as soon as we get our OWP. I am at the point in which I know more about spouse and common-in-law PR applications than 99% of the CIC agents I talked to!

If you want my opinion, if you have time to waste try to call CIC since you get to talk to an agent that actually knows what to do!

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LauraCanada said:
WOW! I didnt know about the 3 months! I have my body all crossed right now looool Sorry but I tend to become stupid when I talk about CIC, it's just my way to avoid to lose my mind hehe

I hear you, some days I wake up in a such terrible mood that I send everyone who tries to talk to me to F.... O... but I always try to laugh about this all situation because I probably already lost my mind haha

I wish you guys the best of luck. Btw not sure if u read Lab's post but she contacted her MP. Why don't you try as well? Unless you are so lucky as me and your area doesnt have one lol
Sorry Laura, what is MP? I dont know it yet.
And i think that the cic already opened the letter we sent, and gave it to the officer. But just wait officer to verify it. Because i wrote the letter before to ask about my medical result, which be received by cic or not. The officer replied my question in 2 months. So they wont throw our mails aside and ignore its, right?
And i also read the info u post before, maybe the officer will verify the both steps together, that's why it take longer time. I am trying to make myself be more optimistic. haha.
And ur joking is reasonable, we really should apply for the cic agents job, so that we can do really help to new applicants. :)

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
sunshine2012 said:
Sorry Laura, what is MP? I dont know it yet.
And i think that the cic already opened the letter we sent, and gave it to the officer. But just wait officer to verify it. Because i wrote the letter before to ask about my medical result, which be received by cic or not. The officer replied my question in 2 months. So they wont throw our mails aside and ignore its, right?
And i also read the info u post before, maybe the officer will verify the both steps together, that's why it take longer time. I am trying to make myself be more optimistic. haha.
And ur joking is reasonable, we really should apply for the cic agents job, so that we can do really help to new applicants. :)
MP = Member of Parliament.

Click on this link and use your postal code to find yours http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Why people contact MP? If your application takes too long (like in Lab's case) you can take an appointment with your local MP, bring him/her all further info regarding your application and your local MP can represent you and try to obtain further and deeper info regarding your case.

I'd suggest you to read this http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/contacting-mp-t118374.0.html

Yeah I hope I will get both steps approved at the same time...it's kind of a dream...

Btw, I was not joking about apply for a job at CIC haha I know sounds ironic and stupid, but why not? If I get an interview, I will get the job 100%, I dare them to find a Canadian that knows more than me after I spent the last 13 months without being able to work and reading about everyone's application problems lol

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LauraCanada said:
MP = Member of Parliament.

Why people contact MP? If your application takes too long (like in Lab's case) you can take an appointment with your local MP, bring him/her all further info regarding your application and your local MP can represent you and try to obtain further and deeper info regarding your case.

Yeah I hope I will get both steps approved at the same time...it's kind of a dream...

Btw, I was not joking about apply for a job at CIC haha I know sounds ironic and stupid, but why not? If I get an interview, I will get the job 100%, I dare them to find a Canadian that knows more than me after I spent the last 13 months without being able to work and reading about everyone's application problems lol
Thx for your info about MP.
Referring ur story, i feel so bad about that the cic asked more evidence, which is enough as my opinion. But their job is to doubt everyone. And most of the lucky case, the applicants are the int'l students.
And i afraid they will ask me to send more evidence too, even we married. but i only sent the materials according the cic list. no chatting records at all. Because i thought it is very private stuff. so... i didnt give any.

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Does anyone here live in a different province than your spouse (not physically with your spouse) during the application process while mainting the relationship and get appoved?

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
LauraCanada said:
I and another member of this wonderful community were thinking to apply for a job inside CIC as soon as we get our OWP. I am at the point in which I know more about spouse and common-in-law PR applications than 99% of the CIC agents I talked to!

If you want my opinion, if you have time to waste try to call CIC since you get to talk to an agent that actually knows what to do!
honestly thats exactly what I was thinking. sometimes i spoke to some agents on the phone or in the local office who had no clue what they are talking about!
I remember when I tried to start my application and I spoke to a lawyer then I decided I'll do it myself. I actually remember asking the lawyer couple of questions and now I know that he was actually wrong about the answers. so my point here is that you get to know so much about CIC through this whole procedure, especially when it takes longer than normal lol.
in my case I've got a ton experience with them, since I came here as a refugee first then sponsorship after me and my wife got married. (my wife is the sponsor)
someone like us I think would surely fit the qualifications for at least their call center, since we got the experience first hand :)

I will try to help people after i'm done regardless, I'll maybe try to do some volunteer work in multicultural center or something. it really isn't easy for people. every case is different but every little bit of help is valuable.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
yangski said:
sure i will let you know,keep in touch..hope to meet you someday... :D
Hi Everyone ,

I just check my ecas and it says Decision made in Sponsorship Application Status and in process in Permanent Residence Application Status. it further says

We received your application to sponsor xxxxxx on December 6, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 28, 2012.

We sent you a letter on September 18, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us

does that mean I am through with both stages?
Yangski I am soooooooooooooo happy

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
nonoo said:
Hi Everyone ,

I just check my ecas and it says Decision made in Sponsorship Application Status and in process in Permanent Residence Application Status. it further says

We received your application to sponsor xxxxxx on December 6, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 28, 2012.

We sent you a letter on September 18, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us

does that mean I am through with both stages?
Yangski I am soooooooooooooo happy
Sounds like 1st stage only, in Process for permanent residence status means they are still checking background, medical etc...but still it is good news

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
vinlander said:
Sounds like 1st stage only, in Process for permanent residence status means they are still checking background, medical etc...
Yes , I think you are right , have to check what is written in the letter though with my lawyer.

Thanks,

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec.09,2011 AIP/OPW:Sept.11,2012 DM:Sept.18,2012
nonoo said:
Yes , I think you are right , have to check what is written in the letter though with my lawyer.

Thanks,
check your email...Coz i just receive my 2nd stage through email last tuesday and now my ecas change to DM.And vinlander is right its still a good news.. :D

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec.09,2011 AIP/OPW:Sept.11,2012 DM:Sept.18,2012
lilizinha said:
Hey you all,
my ecas changed
I got desion made in both stages
Im so happy!!!!
:D
congrats lilizinha...

PRQC

Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2013
LauraCanada said:
I agree. I feel the same and thinking if I need to re-orient my career, that might be a good choice to be adviser or to work for Immigration Canada (or any place where they outsourced the job in private sector).

I am also wondering how many people finding themself in loop hole in stage 2 between long or forgotten background check, re-doing medical and client history update and re-doing of background check. I saw couple since application in 2010 and now also in 2011. I think if this problem is mentionned(arised) in group in group instead of solo, it might have a bigger impact to solve this issue and to assure that nobody else in future will be stuck in this loop hole.