Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
PanEva said:
Just receive my Open Work Permit yesterday. Interestingly, it only valid for 6 months. I though CIC usually will issue 1 year OWP. I wonder if everyone also receive 6 months work permit? ;D
Maybe it is because you already have both stage approved and if I am not mistaken you need to give them back the OWP when getting PR so it was useless to give you a longer one...I am just assuming.

PRQC

Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2013
LauraCanada said:
Hi Sunshine,

I'm in yours and lab's situation too :(

I applied in September 2011 and in July 2012 I got a letter from CIC requiring further evidence of my common-in-law relationship.
I called CIC 2 days ago and the agent told me that my medicals appear in the system but he didn't have any dates regarding when my application will be reopened :( and he added he could see my application was in queue.

My case is pretty simple: no kids, no previous marriages, no criminal offences/records, no health issues.

It's so frustrating especially now that it seems CIC is processing application way faster. Sometimes I wonder if CIC didn't totally forgot of us :(
Hi Laura Canada and Sunshine!

We are all waiting for different reasons. One thing for sure is that everytime they ask for something, there is a longer delay. The only thing they request fromus is the updating info since our application... and we have learned sadly that the request for background check was never done even 6months after AIP!

Also, I am wondering if there are some discrepencies between agents in how to manage a file/application. Maybe some CIC agents plan ahead their timelines (request of information, request for background check, request for sign off of the medical result is ok...) to have a more efficient turn around of each file/applicant and that Stage 1 and 2 is matching or close. This obviously not our case...

Meanwhile, we can help each other to make the process and the waiting time easier.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
sunshine2012 said:
Hi!

I applied PR of family sponsored inland in July 2011,
and i did update the inland situation form asked by CIC in 2011, got extended visitor visa in 2011 too.
Later i did medical examination in dec 2011.
Then i expect to get AIP. Nothing get, but the letter to ask additional info in the end of May 2012. I sent it right way, and was received by CIC on 6th June, 2012.
Now almost 4 month, i also get nothing updated by CIC.
I also called the cic call center, exact same frustrating answers from there.

What i could do next besides wait?

Thx a lot,
Jean
Hi Jean

Sorry to hear you are in the same situation as myself and Laura

Hopefully CIC will get their act together soon

Lets keep in touch and hopefully all 3 of us will have good news soon

Lab

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
LauraCanada said:
Hi Sunshine,

I'm in yours and lab's situation too :(

I applied in September 2011 and in July 2012 I got a letter from CIC requiring further evidence of my common-in-law relationship.
I called CIC 2 days ago and the agent told me that my medicals appear in the system but he didn't have any dates regarding when my application will be reopened :( and he added he could see my application was in queue.

My case is pretty simple: no kids, no previous marriages, no criminal offences/records, no health issues.

It's so frustrating especially now that it seems CIC is processing application way faster. Sometimes I wonder if CIC didn't totally forgot of us :(
Hi Laura

Still no word from my MP
I should be used to waiting by now...........
Hope we hear something soon

Lab

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
PRQC said:
Have you received your AIP (stage 1)?

We have received OWP for 1 year and was requested after AIP. I never heard of 6 month OWP.
yangski said:
Mine is 6 months too,but I've got email from cic last tuesday for 2nd stage approval and just waiting for mail on landing date at Calgary VO but my ecas just change to medical receive not updated yet and hubby's ecas change to DM.Next is your 2nd stage approval. :D
vinlander said:
Maybe it is because you already have both stage approved and if I am not mistaken you need to give them back the OWP when getting PR so it was useless to give you a longer one...I am just assuming.
I got both stage approval and my landing interview is next week.

The reason I ask is because it seems to me the duration of OWP is related to the process of 2nd stage. In other word, if people receive 6 month work permit, they may get 2nd approval very shortly. If 1 year OWP, that means 2nd stage approval may be longer than expected processing time.

I'm just guessing. It could be wrong.

lenmair

Sep 20, 2012
Hi - I have a question about AIP.

My husband got an AIP as a sponsor 1 month ago, but I have not yest received an AIP as a Permanent Resident. I read this forum thoroughly (at least I think so), and have not seen the cases where the Sponsor was approved but the Sponsored person was not.

If there was a doubt about our relationship, wouldn't we be called for a interview before my husband is issued an AIP as a Sponsor?

Lots of thanks to whoever chooses to respond!

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
lenmair said:
Hi - I have a question about AIP.

My husband got an AIP as a sponsor 1 month ago, but I have not yest received an AIP as a Permanent Resident. I read this forum thoroughly (at least I think so), and have not seen the cases where the Sponsor was approved but the Sponsored person was not.

If there was a doubt about our relationship, wouldn't we be called for a interview before my husband is issued an AIP as a Sponsor?

Lots of thanks to whoever chooses to respond!
Was it through mail or email (could have been mistakenly flag as spam). What your ECAS says and the one from your sponsor?

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
PanEva said:
I got both stage approval and my landing interview is next week.

The reason I ask is because it seems to me the duration of OWP is related to the process of 2nd stage. In other word, if people receive 6 month work permit, they may get 2nd approval very shortly. If 1 year OWP, that means 2nd stage approval may be longer than expected processing time.

I'm just guessing. It could be wrong.
My husband got a 2 year OWP, but it only took 4 days from AIP to DM for him. Really have no idea how CIC works.

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
Just to add to the work permit discussion, I got my OWP a couple of days ago and it's valid for 2 years. I sure hope it won't take this long to get my 2nd stage. They also requested that I redo my medical, and I'm sitting at the xray place as I write this.

lenmair

Sep 20, 2012
vinlander said:
Was it through mail or email (could have been mistakenly flag as spam). What your ECAS says and the one from your sponsor?
It was through e-mail, but I have been checking my Junk folder and did not see anything there.

Militarywife

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14th 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30th 2012
Med's Done....
October 2011
LANDED..........
October 4th 2012
laugher said:
Hi Miingming,
I can't send a private message, so I will post here.
Yes, I did postpone my interview. So if you want to postpone the interview, you can call the number on the paper, then they will you a fax number of your local office. Then you write a letter, with all the info: reason, and your contact number. The local office will call you the next and ask you when you want the interview on. ( I guess you should wait until they schedule the interview, then let them know you want to postpone it, otherwise maybe they will postpone longer)
Second thing, my wife is Canadian and she sponsored me. Thus she can come back and forth. In your case, if you are the one who is sponsored, if you still have a valid permit to stay, i think you can apply for a visa to get back into Canada.
Hope this help!

Hey guys, got my interview letter today from etobicoke, it's dated 19th.

Timeline:

App recieved nov 14 2011
AOR jan 30th 2012
AIP sept 12 2012
DM sept 12 2012
Interview letter recieved 20th sept 2012
Landing in etobicoke oct 4th

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Will update after my interview.

leli2012

Aug 17, 2012
Hi everyone!

As I posted a few pages ago, my ecas changed from "in progress" to "Decision made" so now I'm waiting for the letter from my local office to go to the landing interview. How long do you think it will take? Also, I may be moving to a different house, so can I change the address so they can send my PR card there? Assuming it does take 3 months to arrive.

Thanks!

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PRQC said:
Hi Laura Canada and Sunshine!

We are all waiting for different reasons. One thing for sure is that everytime they ask for something, there is a longer delay. The only thing they request fromus is the updating info since our application... and we have learned sadly that the request for background check was never done even 6months after AIP!

Also, I am wondering if there are some discrepencies between agents in how to manage a file/application. Maybe some CIC agents plan ahead their timelines (request of information, request for background check, request for sign off of the medical result is ok...) to have a more efficient turn around of each file/applicant and that Stage 1 and 2 is matching or close. This obviously not our case...

Meanwhile, we can help each other to make the process and the waiting time easier.
I knew Lab and Laura both are waiting for AIP, and me too. I think no matter what we have been asked to offer additional files, the CIC should response asap. If they still doubt something, they can transfer the application to local office. So they neednt delay our application on purpose.
Two weeks later i would have been waiting 4 months after sent the additional file ( a clearance of my form filling mistake).
How long have u guys been waiting?

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
sunshine2012 said:
I knew Lab and Laura both are waiting for AIP, and me too. I think no matter what we have been asked to offer additional files, the CIC should response asap. If they still doubt something, they can transfer the application to local office. So they neednt delay our application on purpose.
Two weeks later i would have been waiting 4 months after sent the additional file ( a clearance of my form filling mistake).
How long have u guys been waiting?
I sent the additional info required on August 1st 2012 and CIC Vegreville received it on August 7th 2012. So soon it's going to be 3 months.
Since then I have been calling CIC every 3 weeks lol I cannot contact my MP as the position is vacant till new election because my previous MP had to resign few months ago - I am soooo lucky, eh? lol

I don't know what to think anymore and where to smash my head. I do understand CIC is doing its job and HAS to make sure new residents migrate to Canada in a legit way, but I have been waiting for almost 13 months and it's really frustrating. Not to mention that I and my fiance would love to get married in Barbados in April 2013, but if I am not allowed to leave Canada we have to postpone our wedding.

Once I was talking to Lab and I mentioned her I have lived in Australia for 3 years and over there Immigration is way more efficient (without any offences to CIC lol) and I got my 4 year work visa approved over night, I completed my online application at 4pm and I got the approval email at 11:30pm. I think CIC should buy from other countries (for example, Australia) their Immigration system and it would save CIC tons of money. It's crazy that in 2011 I had to sent my application via traditional mail. Think how many applications got lost over the last year!! Luckily not mine, as far as I know! lol

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LauraCanada said:
I sent the additional info required on August 1st 2012 and CIC Vegreville received it on August 7th 2012. So soon it's going to be 3 months.
Since then I have been calling CIC every 3 weeks lol I cannot contact my MP as the position is vacant till new election because my previous MP had to resign few months ago - I am soooo lucky, eh? lol

I don't know what to think anymore and where to smash my head. I do understand CIC is doing its job and HAS to make sure new residents migrate to Canada in a legit way, but I have been waiting for almost 13 months and it's really frustrating. Not to mention that I and my fiance would love to get married in Barbados in April 2013, but if I am not allowed to leave Canada we have to postpone our wedding.

Once I was talking to Lab and I mentioned her I have lived in Australia for 3 years and over there Immigration is way more efficient (without any offences to CIC lol) and I got my 4 year work visa approved over night, I completed my online application at 4pm and I got the approval email at 11:30pm. I think CIC should buy from other countries (for example, Australia) their Immigration system and it would save CIC tons of money. It's crazy that in 2011 I had to sent my application via traditional mail. Think how many applications got lost over the last year!! Luckily not mine, as far as I know! lol
Dont be too disappointed for CIC, Laura. I totally understood you. When i check the forum news, and know others luck coming so fast, but not me, i got bad mood too, and it affect my life with partner. Since know our same situation, you could think that at least it isnot our problem, as like mail lost, just the CIC slow system, right? Btw, some people already shared the time of waiting to response of additional info mail in average 3 months. So u shouldnt feel too frustrated. Now there is Lab and me ahead of hurry to get news. So we will fight front of the line. haha. Wait for our news :)