+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

June2011

Feb 20, 2012
leo77 said:
My cas has changed to DECISION MADE!, gunna phone today to see if i can get anymore info so freaking nervous.
could you post here your timeline? Application was received? Thanks!

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
application recieved 7th march 2011
in process 4th april 2011
letter requested additional info and police check 18th february 2012
additional info recieved 18th march 2012
police check recieved (within last week doesnt tell me on cas)
Decision Made 5th april 2012

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
just phoned cic and the nice lady said there was a letter in the mail asking me to pay the $490 landing fee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
June2011 said:
thanks!!!
I was just looking at last years time line (2011) at easter. They slowed down then due to the
Easter and spring break as well. One more week and maybe they will get back to work. I am
a Canadian born here, my fathers family came to Nova Scotia in 1755. So I guess that you could
say I am a Canadian. One that is very embarrassed that the first impression you guys get of this
country is this!!!!

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leo77 said:
just phoned cic and the nice lady said there was a letter in the mail asking me to pay the $490 landing fee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Leo!! wheere are you landing?>

June2011

Feb 20, 2012
leo77 said:
application recieved 7th march 2011
in process 4th april 2011
letter requested additional info and police check 18th february 2012
additional info recieved 18th march 2012
police check recieved (within last week doesnt tell me on cas)
Decision Made 5th april 2012
Congratulations!!! Happy nice holyday weekend!

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Tax season

hakri said:
I did not put anything, it list as "missing" at the end, but CRA always accepted it.
Great, thank you very much for your input :)

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
leo77 said:
Great News.............Congrats ;D

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
perk said:
I was just looking at last years time line (2011) at easter. They slowed down then due to the
Easter and spring break as well. One more week and maybe they will get back to work. I am
a Canadian born here, my fathers family came to Nova Scotia in 1755. So I guess that you could
say I am a Canadian. One that is very embarrassed that the first impression you guys get of this
country is this!!!!
Im the same as you all my family are from Newfoundland and been here for years im so embaressed with our immigration system... makes me so angry at Canada!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Canadagirl85 said:
Im the same as you all my family are from Newfoundland and been here for years im so embaressed with our immigration system... makes me so angry at Canada!
Immigration is a process that people who don't need to experience it can ignore and thus it can be a complete nightmare but that fact won't be appreciated by people already in Canada.

In addition, it's often an emotion-laden political issue that is hyped ("protect our jobs from foreigners" and "we don't want to let in freeloaders"). The current government has clearly shown they are not in favour of immigration and view it as being little more than a mechanism for obtaining skilled workers to fill CURRENTLY available jobs.

For those who go through the process it can be a dehumanizing, intensely stressful process that causes an applicant to question their very value. Um, let's see, I'm on month 34 of my original federal skilled worker application, which is awaiting determination for judicial review, and just starting month two of the spousal sponsored route. The government's response to my judicial review application was "this issue is moot since the applicant can apply in the sponsored spousal class" which annoys me because there's absolutely no guarantee that my sponsored application will be successful. You want to be made to feel completely worthless? Have CIC say "well, you might be contributing lots of tax dollars but because there is a CHANCE we might have to spend 10% of that on health care for you in the future we find you to be unworthy of permanent residency" has been a completely demoralizing experience. I'm sure it isn't that bad for everyone. Compared to being told that I had a medical condition that might require treatment in the future, the stress of not knowing each time I cross the border if I'll be barred from going home to my family has been by far the worst bit of the experience.

When I talk to Canadian citizens I know here they're shocked and horrified at the system. But as long as it's only happening to "those people" it is unlikely to change for the better.

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm from the u.k and our borders seemed like they where "open to all" at one point, now my mother who has worked all her life paying taxes and paying into her pension fund has been told she has too work an extra 2 years before she can start receiving that pension (not enough funds in the governments pension pot).

My wait for residency application has been financially stressfully,lots of sleepless nights thinking if me and my family are going to have to be apart,my wife has worked extra hours, i've been house husband for nearly 2 years not allowed to work, and you know what ITS BEEN WORTH IT.

Basically what im saying is, immigration canada could be better, but it could be a WHOLE LOT worse.

Wishing you all the happiness and success that you deserve :) Leo.

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its been awhile I didn't check this forum and need some catching up to do. lol. Congrats to all who got their AIPS, DMs and Landing interviews. I'm still waiting for CIC Edmonton to contact me for my landing interview, its been 6 weeks now since DM. ::)

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
angtao said:
Honestly, I am getting sick and tired of waiting. We have been waiting for 27 days now for the landing letter from Scarborough. Once we get the letter which is who knows when then we have to wait for the appt. Once that is over then we have to wait another 6 weeks to get the pr card.

When people ask me and I tell them that we got approved, they say "when are u going to book a vacation now that you are approved?" I have to keep telling people that were still waiting.

Tzing, your so lucky u got your landing letter 18 days after dm. When r u landing? Can u ask them what the heck the hold up is for sending out the landing letters. Lol

I wonder what happens if you go there and inquire. Do they have a phone number we can call?
Hi, angtao,
i feel your pain of waiting, but we all know the efficiency of the government offices, not just the immigration. I actually landed today, i wish i checked the forum earlier and i would definitely ask for you what's the hold up. we were scheduled 8:15am and there were about 10 other people waiting at the same time as us. then we went into this room that looks like court, they distributed a form and explain the details. then those who haven't paid the $490 will go to a cashier to pay and come back with receipts. then people are called one by one to the two staff on site. show your ID and sponsor, ask a few questions, then signature. after that, keep waiting in the common waiting area for service ontario staff to call your name and change or get new SIN.
the whole process takes about 2 hours, most of the time is waiting. but i will warn those who going to the scarborough office, if you are driving, go way ahead of time and try to get a spot in the tiny parking lot, or find parking somewhere else. all the street parking around the building starts from 8:30, and the parking at the mall are blocked till mall opens. so we parked there at 8:08 and went up to check in and by the time i went down again to pay for parking, we already got a ticket at 8:13. the whole thing is a set-up, we have to pay $40 for the ticket :( but we brought our baby and i had to run around and pay, my husband can't run up and down with a 10 month old like crazy.

anyways, i think you guys will be getting the letters very soon, they have no reason to slow down the application at this point. i remember i have read somewhere else long time ago that there are many cases going to scarborough, so maybe it takes some time for them to send letter. you are almost there. just relax and find the parking place ahead of time :D

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
perk said:
country is this!!!!
Hi,

I went to get my health card from service ON today. The woman who was in the counter was clueless. She didn't know anything about the check list. It was frustrating. I had been to Ottawa city office many times, the agents there are so helpful. Even the federal government counter lady was really helpful. The matter is not if you get the health card or not, the matter was the attitude. Immigration call center agents have been very helpful to me so far. I have seen many people complaining about OHIP here.