Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gemauru said:
I know is easier for me, now that everything is over. But believe me.... don't go crazy with other people's experience.

We sent the medicals with the application (med done Nov/2010... app received Mar/2011)
By the time we got PR, medicals were over 4 month expired... no need to redo it.

I heard that Etobicoke is one of the busiest offices... it takes up to 2 month for the interview... my letter was sent 1 day after PR, and the interview was sched for 9 day after....

I don't complain, we were very lucky... but I don't understand how they work ???

Congrats Gemauru! Its good to hear/know info on what to expect after 2nd stage approval. Kudos to your local office. They sure work fast. I hope mine will do the same. :) :)

adrian_calgary

Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 12 2011
Hello, congratulations to all who have got good news!

CIC has received my application on 12 October 2011, and started processing on 22 December 2011. Misha- maybe you can add the "started processing" date on the chart for me, thank you :)

I see that some of you sent RCMP fingerprints as well. I haven't done it yet, but I'm thinking it would be good if this speeds up the security checks.
Shall I go to a police station with the Appendix B and passport, and say that I need the fingerprints for immigration? Will they give me the fingerprints on a paper which I'll then send to CPC, or is it in some electronic format?

Thank you in advance for any reply.

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
OMG!

Do you really need to send a Canadian Certified Criminal Record Check from RCMP?

I thought it was for only those countries (except Canada) who you lived more than 6 months after 18yo?

Im so hoping no

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
lyrical said:
OMG!

Do you really need to send a Canadian Certified Criminal Record Check from RCMP?

I thought it was for only those countries (except Canada) who you lived more than 6 months after 18yo?

Im so hoping no
I think your right. My wife was in Canada a year and we never sent in a police check from Canada . we got second stage approval last week.
Has anyone heard of cic requesting a Canadian police check ?

ConfusedOne

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Doc's Request.
29-02-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
27-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Canadagirl85 said:
I think your right. My wife was in Canada a year and we never sent in a police check from Canada . we got second stage approval last week.
Has anyone heard of cic requesting a Canadian police check ?

I got a letter 2 days ago requesting police certificate but only from my husband's country not RCMP. ::)

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
missha said:
Sorry Johanna for replying late. I have been reading post one by one and updating the chart.

You get the infor by calling CIC. Call CIC to get your client ID and they will ask you for your visitor visa or any previous visa info that made you enter Canada and then the CIC agent will issue you "client ID" and when you log on, you will see the info in column B and C.

Hi Missha, I don't want to put any pressure on you, but you said you were updating the chart, and I don't see any changes.
Am I looking at the wrong place?

Hope you're doing well... and thanks again for everything.

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
blistex said:
Congrats Gemauru! Its good to hear/know info on what to expect after 2nd stage approval. Kudos to your local office. They sure work fast. I hope mine will do the same. :) :)

Thank you Blistex! Is the main reason why I stick around. I know the feeling when we don't know what to expect.
In the other hand I have answers now that I didn't have before. At least I can say what worked for me.

Cheers!!!!

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
lyrical said:
OMG!

Im so hoping no
No you only need to send in police checks for other countries. CIC do the RCMP check on you during second stage. I personally sent in a set of fingerprints only because I had a spare set on file and when I called the call centre they said while not needed it wouldn't hurt to send them in

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
lyrical said:
OMG!

Im so hoping no
I sent fingerprints done in Canada (when I sent the app, my husband had been here more than 6 months, don't know if it helped or was irrelevant)

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Hey Everyone!! Wooooo We got a letter today I am assuming AIP letters because it was dated Feb 19 2012. It said her local office(Scarbrough) will contact her. Ecas says that a letter was sent March 3rd that should have a landing date in it am i correct?

Sorry I forgot to add that it said that processing of our application has been completed. :s Still AIP letter?

ConfusedOne

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Doc's Request.
29-02-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
27-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Canadagirl85 said:
Hey Everyone!! Wooooo We got a letter today I am assuming AIP letters because it was dated Feb 19 2012. It said her local office(Scarbrough) will contact her. Ecas says that a letter was sent March 3rd that should have a landing date in it am i correct?

Sorry I forgot to add that it said that processing of our application has been completed. :s Still AIP letter?

It seems that you are done ;D CONGRATS !! that letter dated march 3rd should be your landing interview :)

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
ConfusedOne said:
It seems that you are done ;D CONGRATS !! that letter dated march 3rd should be your landing interview :)
Thats what I thought !!Thanks so much!! :D
Woooo party time very very soon!!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hey guys, quick question, I have 2 addresses on ecas. One is my immigration consultants office and the other is my home address. Do they send all the letters to both addresses?

We did send in a police clearance from Canada with our application. I don't know if it helped speed up the process but we got approved for both stages on the same day at the same time. I have heard of others in the 2010 thread that did not send them in and also got both stages right away. It is up to you to do them. My consultant told me that it works in your favor if you do them.

Our medical was expired by 1.5 months and they did not ask us to redo it.

Missha, let me know if you want some help updating the chart. I can find some time to do it. I don't mind to help since I used to do it.

ConfusedOne

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Doc's Request.
29-02-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
27-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
angtao said:
Hey guys, quick question, I have 2 addresses on ecas. One is my immigration consultants office and the other is my home address. Do they send all the letters to both addresses?

When we started the process had the same issue, and we got a letter from imm 3 months after app was filed and my lawyer got it and we didn't so i changed my address and now i i am getting all the mail.

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
Canadagirl85 said:

Is it the one saying:

"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent resident status."

If that's what you got, is PR. Next one is appointment for landing interview.... :p

Congratssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!