Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May/12/2011
LANDED..........
AUG/23/2012
Valhalla said:
Well, im just seen a post on the other forum where this guy forgot to put any e-mail address on the app, so, you cant get a huge volume of paper in your application and forget to add the real important things, right...

Valhalla

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May/12/2011
LANDED..........
AUG/23/2012
Love_Young said:
Yeah I saw that too. Scroll down, its there! ;)
I am not sure how much mine weighed but I do have a picture of it. It was 428 pages.
Well, ours wasnt as big as 9 lbs but it was big enough, and we forgot to take a pic. ;D

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Alright guys, time is passing by and CIC has started working on August, 2010 cases...

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Alright guys, time is passing by and CIC has started working on August, 2011 cases...

missha, I think you may have done a typo on the 2011 part. LOL. I wish.

They are now approving apps that were sent after Aug.3
I just hope they keep doing these 9 or 12 day jumps.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
hehe, sorry buddy @ 2011.

yeah yea keep the fingers crossed.

LordSloman

May 10, 2011
Hi everyone,
Our application arrived at Vegreville on the 17th. The waiting game begins. When should we receive some notification from them?

Cheers,

Paul

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
CHART UPDATE!

(Currently taking 9-10 months from date app was received to hear by CIC about AIP)

Name Application Received In Process Decision Made AIP Total TimeforAIP PR/LANDED

fleo Jan.24
sesamerush Jan.27 Mar.8
dorina Feb.3 Mar.10
Canadagirl85 Mar.14 Apr.8
missha Mar.18 Apr.12
jadarius Mar.22
gemauru Mar.30 Apr.18
angtao Mar.31 Apr.19
chau01 May 2
ryan_stw May 3 May 18
canadiancitizen May 9
Valhalla May 12
Lordsloman May 17

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ryan_stw said:
I was finally able to call CIC today, and they said that due to space constraints, only the first few letters will be reflected online, i wonder if anyone ever encountered this thing? As for the street address, they will rectify the error, i will try to log to ecas again to see if they made the change.
So i finally logged back to my e-cas, and my address has been reflected correctly, i called back CIC call center today just to see i they can possibly rectify my missing middle name, but the agent told me that their system can only accomodate 15 spaces max for the first name+middle name, he told me that what i see online now is what will be reflected on all my ID's including PR card, which means it would be incomplete, i would rather have just my initial middle name reflected rather than the first 2 letters, he advised me to write to CIC if i want to have it changed to what i want and give an explanation. Should i write to CIC Vegreville? Do you guys think it will delay processing of my papers?

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I wanted to ask as well how do you get a visitor record? will CIC send you one after sending your application to vegreville?

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hi Ryan,

I am not sure about your other question on changing your name for your middle initial to appear but for the visitor record you have to apply to extend your status as a visitor. It is fairly easy to do. Just go to the cic website and all the info is on there.

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Hi Ryan,

I am not sure about your other question on changing your name for your middle initial to appear but for the visitor record you have to apply to extend your status as a visitor. It is fairly easy to do. Just go to the cic website and all the info is on there.
Hi angtao,

Wont it be part of the spouse sponsorship application i sent? I sent an application for owp but not for extension of stay.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
ryan_stw said:
Hi,

I wanted to ask as well how do you get a visitor record? will CIC send you one after sending your application to vegreville?
i did it online, i received it at home after 2 months (less than 60 days). the normal application (sent by paper) was around 100 days
when i applied.
if u do it online you have to open an account with CIC (it is free) and log in with Epass
then they ask u for copy of passport(u can scan it) and make it a jpg file
a proof of funds (i photocopied on a screen image and copied as a jpg(i think) my bank account statement)
and then u have to pay online 75 $
there was not much more, they also ask you a few questions. say the truth that you applied as apermanent resident and that you need an extension while u wait for your residence. it worked for me
they gave me an extension for almost 13 months (i had asked for 12 months)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
I also did mine online. I found it quite easy to do.

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inlandappl said:
i did it online, i received it at home after 2 months (less than 60 days). the normal application (sent by paper) was around 100 days
when i applied.
if u do it online you have to open an account with CIC (it is free) and log in with Epass
then they ask u for copy of passport(u can scan it) and make it a jpg file
a proof of funds (i photocopied on a screen image and copied as a jpg(i think) my bank account statement)
and then u have to pay online 75 $
there was not much more, they also ask you a few questions. say the truth that you applied as apermanent resident and that you need an extension while u wait for your residence. it worked for me
they gave me an extension for almost 13 months (i had asked for 12 months)
Did you send an OWP with your sponsorship application? I called CIC just now and they told me that i dont need to apply for an extension of stay because i am on implied status, but i wont get any visitor record :(

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
ryan_stw said:
Did you send an OWP with your sponsorship application? I called CIC just now and they told me that i dont need to apply for an extension of stay because i am on implied status, but i wont get any visitor record :(
No, i didn't know that i could send an OWP request with my permanent resident application. i discovered it after on this forum.....
if you have applied already for an OWP then it is true, you are on implied status, u don't need to apply ;D