+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland applicant divorce questions

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hi There,

I'm an inland sponsored person and my process is ongoing. Upon my move to Canada we faced some serious problems with my wife.
Recently we talked and decided to work on our relationship, but both of us want to know some obligations we have.
So I need some help on these items:

For how long sponsor can not sponsor anyone else, She wants to sponsor his parents and she mentioned couple of times because of me she can not sponsor them anymore.

What will happen if we get divorce to my status?

i need your advice as I feel very bad because of all of this.

Thank you.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
There is no ban on her sponsoring her parents because she has sponsored you. The limitation would be she needs to meet the minimum income requirement (and also be lucky enough to be selected) for PGP sponsorship. The only limitation would be if she sponsored another spouse.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi There,

I'm an inland sponsored person and my process is ongoing. Upon my move to Canada we faced some serious problems with my wife.
Recently we talked and decided to work on our relationship, but both of us want to know some obligations we have.
So I need some help on these items:

For how long sponsor can not sponsor anyone else, She wants to sponsor his parents and she mentioned couple of times because of me she can not sponsor them anymore.

What will happen if we get divorce to my status?

i need your advice as I feel very bad because of all of this.

Thank you.
Hi

She can sponsor her parents whenever she qualifies and meets the income requirement. It doesn't matter if she sponsors you. If you land as a PR, she can't sponsor another spouse for 3 years from that date.

If the relationship ends before you become a PR, you must withdraw the app. Continuing on would be fraud.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hi

She can sponsor her parents whenever she qualifies and meets the income requirement. It doesn't matter if she sponsors you. If you land as a PR, she can't sponsor another spouse for 3 years from that date.

If the relationship ends before you become a PR, you must withdraw the app. Continuing on would be fraud.
Thank you.

What if we get divorced after PR approval. She thinks she can not get divorced for some period of time?

And is there any restriction for me to sponsor anyone in future? However it is not the case now but I thought for my parents also.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you.

What if we get divorced after PR approval. She thinks she can not get divorced for some period of time?

And is there any restriction for me to sponsor anyone in future? However it is not the case now but I thought for my parents also.
If you get divorced soon after PR approval this may create issues in the future if you sponsor someone else (i.e. new spouse) and raise concerns your first marriage may have been a MOC.

Note that you cannot sponsor a new spouse / common law partner until five years have passed after you have landed and become a PR.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
If you get divorced soon after PR approval this may create issues in the future if you sponsor someone else (i.e. new spouse) and raise concerns your first marriage may have been a MOC.

Note that you cannot sponsor a new spouse / common law partner until five years have passed after you have landed and become a PR.
Actually I do not think about spouse or partner, My question was for my parents. Should I wait 5 years for them also?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Actually I do not think about spouse or partner, My question was for my parents. Should I wait 5 years for them also?
You need to know that parents sponsorship is not a guarantee?
Regardless of you being sponsored or not, you will need 3 years of income above LICO for the family size.
Then you need to enter into a once-a-year lottery. You may never get picked in the lottery if you are not lucky.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Thank you. apparently parents sponsorship is something totally different.

Thank you for responses. At least now we know what is waiting for us later.