+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial PR Card Not Received (8+ months)

vinathi

Oct 13, 2022
HI guys
I have landed in canada on COPR ( spousal PR) on 7th may 2022 .got a mail to resend photos.i have been waiting for more than 5 months. we are planning to shift province in 20 days. tried to call the CIC no response. I also applied solemn document of not receiving PR card.just confused

krishvivi

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-02-2021
  • hi all, My parents landed on 08th June 2022 & their first PR card was approved on 10th Aug and mailed 11th Aug ( GCKEY update) . I waited till Sep 26th ( 6 weeks) and called IRCC and found tat my parents card was returned on 14th Sep as no address found --yesses.. they sent to old address which I used for my mom's visitor visa 12 yrs ago. No clue how it went to that 12yr old address. I never used that address anywhere ,even online profile shows new address...

• On 26th Sep Agent updated address and mentioned that it will take another 4-6weeks to receive ur card. After couple weeks ,I tried calling but no luck to speak to human and finally I was able to talk to someone on 28th October now they are saying wait for 6 weeks to pass and call. I called on Nov 04th again they said my six weeks is on 07th Nov so call after. Agent also confirmed that cards weren't re-mailed/dispatched.

• I called today morning 10th Nov and agent says wait till Nov 26th (60days from address updated date) and call again to follow-up. Agent confirmed that cards havent been resent/dispatched.... don't know what to do. My parents are travelling to India on 07th December and there is no hope that cards will be mailed.. Feeling so frustrated ..........

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • hi all, My parents landed on 08th June 2022 & their first PR card was approved on 10th Aug and mailed 11th Aug ( GCKEY update) . I waited till Sep 26th ( 6 weeks) and called IRCC and found tat my parents card was returned on 14th Sep as no address found --yesses.. they sent to old address which I used for my mom's visitor visa 12 yrs ago. No clue how it went to that 12yr old address. I never used that address anywhere ,even online profile shows new address...

• On 26th Sep Agent updated address and mentioned that it will take another 4-6weeks to receive ur card. After couple weeks ,I tried calling but no luck to speak to human and finally I was able to talk to someone on 28th October now they are saying wait for 6 weeks to pass and call. I called on Nov 04th again they said my six weeks is on 07th Nov so call after. Agent also confirmed that cards weren't re-mailed/dispatched.

• I called today morning 10th Nov and agent says wait till Nov 26th (60days from address updated date) and call again to follow-up. Agent confirmed that cards havent been resent/dispatched.... don't know what to do. My parents are travelling to India on 07th December and there is no hope that cards will be mailed.. Feeling so frustrated ..........
Ug!

The good news is that they (obviously) do not need the cards to travel to India.

As long as you can retrieve their cards from the Canadian address that they are [eventually] being mailed to, you can courier them abroad.
However, because the cards will have a RFID chip inside, make sure the courier that you use can confirm that the cards will be allowed to enter the country, as some countries may not allow them to be imported.

Reactions: krishvivi

VK_r

Apr 29, 2019
Hi, I received CoPR in February 2022 and I landed in Canada in August 2022. However, I haven't received my initial PR card and its been 14 weeks since I landed. How can I know when my PR card was issued? I want to submit solemn declaration but it asks for PR card issued date. Customer service doesn't answer call at any time. Please help. My CoPR is expiring soon. Thanks

ashfuhrer

Dec 21, 2021
Hi Guys
My mother landed on aug 21 2022 and not received pr card yet. When called ircc,it looks like stupid guy at the border entered incorrect address and has been sent back.
I updated correct address on nov 25 2022 and when calling ircc again they say 6 weeks from dec 012022. My mother wants to trave to India in Jan end 2023 and i am sure PR card may not get mailed by then. I know she can travel to India without PR document but can i take her PR card with me when travelling sometime mid next year?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hi Guys
My mother landed on aug 21 2022 and not received pr card yet. When called ircc,it looks like stupid guy at the border entered incorrect address and has been sent back.
I updated correct address on nov 25 2022 and when calling ircc again they say 6 weeks from dec 012022. My mother wants to trave to India in Jan end 2023 and i am sure PR card may not get mailed by then. I know she can travel to India without PR document but can i take her PR card with me when travelling sometime mid next year?
I am also in the same situation. How did you correct the address and how are you contacting them? When I call them at 1 888-242-2100, the system say no agent is available and disconnects the call.

ashfuhrer

Dec 21, 2021
I am also in the same situation. How did you correct the address and how are you contacting them? When I call them at 1 888-242-2100, the system say no agent is available and disconnects the call.
You can do it using address notification link online.
I tried calling them few times, spoke a couple of times in the same number you provided

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys
Yes you can take her PR card.

Reactions: ashfuhrer

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
You can do it using address notification link online.
I tried calling them few times, spoke a couple of times in the same number you provided
What did you use for the identification type? I tired application number, UCI, COPR number, nothing works.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hello friends, applied for pr card at landing on 4th October, received photo resubmission email to send on po box 4500 Sydney NS but sent on 49 Dorchester Street Sydney NS, will there be any problem. (because wanted to send trackable with signature) any one in this situation? Photos done from Shoppers (fingers crossed) thanks for inputs. Regards

mari_moro

Dec 17, 2022
Hi all
I received my PR card almost 15 days back, but my spouse's hasnt reached yet..
Need some advise on how to approach this? He is my dependent on the express entry and we arrived on the same day to Canada
Thanks
I have the same situation. My husband who is a primary applicant received his PR and I'm not. We landed together 9 months ago, on March 27, 2022.
Did you already get your husband's card somehow?