+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial PR Card Not Received (8+ months)

ZaFa

Nov 20, 2019
same, landed on March 24, tried all ways and still have not received any thing, anyone has any ideas what is the correct way to get it?
Hey

I finally got my PR after waiting 8 months.
I wish I knew this sooner. You have to contact your local MP office and tell them about your situation. They will send you a form authorizing them to act on your behalf.

They contacted immigration office on my behalf and made my file a priority. Within two weeks I got my PR card in the mail.

I hope this helps

Reactions: hajihd

plp423

Jul 6, 2023
Hi everyone,

I landed in Canada in August 2022 as a PR resident and got my first PR card in the same month. After the soft landing for 15 days, I returned to my home country. I want to know what are the requirements to maintain the PR status? Do I have to live in Canada for certain period of time?
Thanks

Sep 25, 2023
Hi
One of my friend insisted on writing to the minister office. I found the contact details on the web (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/minister.html) and sent an email to address mentioned in the link regarding my emergency situation and that I'm unable to track the progress of solemn declaration form. They responded in a week's time by email that my PR card was mailed to my address on the XY date and that I will get it soon.
Hi Simi,

the provided link displays the minister of housing , infrastructure and Communinites and no email ID is provided there. It would be of great help if you can inbox me the email ID to which you sent out the email

hajihd

Oct 31, 2019
Hey

I finally got my PR after waiting 8 months.
I wish I knew this sooner. You have to contact your local MP office and tell them about your situation. They will send you a form authorizing them to act on your behalf.

They contacted immigration office on my behalf and made my file a priority. Within two weeks I got my PR card in the mail.

I hope this helps
Hi,
What do you mean by local MP office? we can't look up for our PR card info online to link it with my EE application. very confusing now what to do!

Nov 13, 2020
hey sorry for the delay in response. Update : i finally received it 2 months ago after so many follow-up emails submmited on the IRCC web inquiry