+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial PR Card Not Received (8+ months)

kamalp349

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Hello,

I got my COPR on 16 July, 2021 and no update for PR card. did anyone received after that>
Please help.

PR_DREAMER

May 12, 2021
Hello,

I got my COPR on 16 July, 2021 and no update for PR card. did anyone received after that>
Please help.
Got COPR in may, I am Cec inland, sent photo and copy for copr by mail, I have heard nothing about PR card since then. Linked it to online account, but It's almost like the application is lost.

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

kamalp349

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Got COPR in may, I am Cec inland, sent photo and copy for copr by mail, I have heard nothing about PR card since then. Linked it to online account, but It's almost like the application is lost.
same thing, i linked application but no response yet.

chowdharyh

Jan 9, 2018
Has any of you been able to find out if your PR card was actually issued? We got the PR on April and still nothing. We changed address so we are worried that it got sent to the old one, so we wanted to see which address is in the system and went to the link Address notification form: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coanotify , but since the application was approved so long ago, this link doesn't find the application anymore!

We tried the phone number early morning and several times but they just hung up on us.

Does anybody have any idea of how we can get some info?
My Wife is in the same boat. She got her COPR in April, sent the docs for PR and haven't received it yet. We have recently changed address as well but we took the Canada Post mail forward for 1 year. Not sure if IRCC sends the PR card with Canada Post though.

anna_verozub

Nov 7, 2021
My Wife is in the same boat. She got her COPR in April, sent the docs for PR and haven't received it yet. We have recently changed address as well but we took the Canada Post mail forward for 1 year. Not sure if IRCC sends the PR card with Canada Post though.
Between being approved for PR and mailing my photos to receive PR card, i moved. I included my new address with the photos, but the PR card was still mailed to my previous address in April 2021 by mistake. I used mail forwarding too, but Canada post do not forward « important » documents, so mine never got forwarded to my new address. Now I submitted a solemn declaration and waiting for response. DO NOT rely on mail forwarding, you probably should contact IRCC to see if it was mailed already, and request a new one.

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

anna_verozub

Nov 7, 2021
I didn’t know there was a way to link the PR application to an online account. How did you do it?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Between being approved for PR and mailing my photos to receive PR card, i moved. I included my new address with the photos, but the PR card was still mailed to my previous address in April 2021 by mistake. I used mail forwarding too, but Canada post do not forward « important » documents, so mine never got forwarded to my new address. Now I submitted a solemn declaration and waiting for response. DO NOT rely on mail forwarding, you probably should contact IRCC to see if it was mailed already, and request a new one.
The pr cards are mailed with a large "do not forward" notice. Unfortunately ircc does not seem consistent about updating mailing addresses when requested.

Shirly

Mar 8, 2021
HELLO EVERYONE just updating you all WE Have officalt now gotten our PERMANENT RESEDENT CARD so I'm so happy I will no longer need to post anymore thanks for the help guys

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
@chowdharyh I agree with this reply. We also updated the address (around Sept 2) when we moved, and it still got sent to our old address on Sept 22. I just found out that information now that I got through the IRCC phone#, so we will send the Solemn Declaration and hope we get the PR Card in our new address soon.

We were also thinking of forwarding the mail, but figured the PR card wouldn't be forwarded (and that's really the only document we cared about).

Good luck to you!

PR_DREAMER

May 12, 2021
Hi

1. Did you bother to follow up? Since it is well passed any posted processing time.
We tried raising webforms, no reply. I also ordered gcms on PR card application, it says eligibility passed, but shows that no one touched the file except when we had to change the address. We tried calling, they say only critical questions will be answered which are in the list, as they are processing Afghanistan cases. Any suggestions, what can we do?