+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information regarding study permit stamping..!

Bbecks

Jan 10, 2019
Hi,

My wife had applied for study permit through SDS. Her application is still under process. She applied for the visa in India but we are planning to travel to US. If her study permit gets approved can she get it stamped at US visa application centers or does she have to travel back to India to get it stamped?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Not really since submission of the passport is through IRCC(direct to them if you prefer) or VAC closer to you. If she gets approved while in USA, she can submit it to the nearest vac in the state you guys are visiting.

Bbecks

Jan 10, 2019
Not really since submission of the passport is through IRCC(direct to them if you prefer) or VAC closer to you. If she gets approved while in USA, she can submit it to the nearest vac in the state you guys are visiting.
Thank you for the prompt response.
The reason for the confusion was, here the visa application processing is outsourced to a third party which collects the passport and sends to the consulate for stamping.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Thank you for the prompt response.
The reason for the confusion was, here the visa application processing is outsourced to a third party which collects the passport and sends to the consulate for stamping.
I believe you should be fine. I applied my study permit away from my country of residence. As long as you have your passport request letter, VAC should take it and submit to whoever is responsible.